Steele is god

Tsubasa17

Sep 30, 2016
So I don't know if anyone else has come up with this idea yet, or if they've made a thread for it or anything, and if someone has, then ok, but this idea has been going around my head for awhile so I'd thought I'd share.

But I was thinking of a planet at the edge of space that Daddy Steele had found himself when he was young and doing the Rush, but actively hid from the universe for the sole reason being that he is extremely embarrassed about it or something (still fixing the actual reason for hiding it). Why? Because he was treated as a literal god of the entire planet. Basically, his own world to do with as he saw fit, except that even though many times he had tried to explain that he was not a god and such, they wouldn't believe him, or they simply didn't care and did it anyway. Needless to say, he has alot of fun times, of course

Cut to the PC in the "modern day" who somehow finds this same planet, or a scout from that planet, and ends up replacing daddy as the god (the discovery can be done however works, maybe through a probe, or like I said, a scout looking for where their god is). By this point, the people of the planet may or may not need any uplifting from anyone and are almost as advanced as most races, but dont do more due to Steele's "doctrines" or something.
And this wouldn't be TiTS without some "choices", neh? Can't hide the planet anymore now, so either "good" Steele can try and convince the natives that they are not a god and help them integrate into the known universe peacefully and without a Steele as their leader, or "bad (fun)" Steele can embrace their godhood and use the entire planet as their future headquarters of Steele Tech, or if they fail the probe hunt, a whole entirely new company, maybe branch out into slavery or other "seedier" (every pun intended) things?

Like I said, this is an idea going through my brain I had to get out. Maybe it could work? Also gotta think of what kind of people inhabit the world, their level of technology (most likely really high), possibility of one or more of Steele's illegitimate children live there, possibility of one of Steele's companions living there, and maybe a place where you can keep multiple ships and homes whenever that system is implemented.
Let me know what y'all think of this, I take all criticism!

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Quick question, will you be the one to write this up?

Tsubasa17

Sep 30, 2016
Quick question, will you be the one to write this up?
Most likely, though wanted to first get this out of my head before I forgot it. And I also still need to figure out what to populate the planet with in the first place. I can figure out everything else on this planet (not including the name), but I can't write it down unless I actually make people for it. Or be given a species of people for it. Or steal a species of people for it.
I'm guessing an entire planet of people with the same exact personality as Deadpool wouldn't be feasible, would it? No, stupid idea, pretend it wasn't mentioned. Halp

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Okay, seriously, one of the major pieces of advice the writers and coders give is DON'T WRITE PLANETS.

It is a massive undertaking, not just for the writer, but for the coders and something that would probably get rejected outright from the submission pile.

Start smaller, like an npc in a bar or something.

TFMaster

Okay, seriously, one of the major pieces of advice the writers and coders give is DON'T WRITE PLANETS.

It is a massive undertaking, not just for the writer, but for the coders and something that would probably get rejected outright from the submission pile.

Start smaller, like an npc in a bar or something.

@Tsubasa17 you could just go with that scout idea you were talking about, you know the scout from the planet that decided to go out into the galaxy to find their “god”. Of course you know what I mean it was your idea.

Or, hear me out on this... you could just scrap the planet idea altogether and just make it be some weirdo that is such a big fan of Victor Steele that they think he’s a god, you know literal hero worship.

Tsubasa17

Sep 30, 2016
No planet then, I'll keep that in mind. The single npc or group thing sounds better. Maybe something like a League of Evil Bastards who sees PC Steele as their leader even though that Steele is actually the legitimate child? Must ponder more on this

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Skywolf99

May 4, 2017
sweden
No planet then, I'll keep that in mind. The single npc or group thing sounds better. Maybe something like a League of Evil Bastards who sees PC Steele as their leader even though that Steele is actually the legitimate child? Must ponder more on this
maybe make a town or a city?

Tsubasa17

Sep 30, 2016
I dont want this to be a one-off thing like Poe A is, but a quest or event sounds good as well anyway. I shall add that along with a town to my ponder bucket.
Maybe it can be something like Helia's quest in CoC? Or not, hrm, ponder ponder

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
@Tsubasa17 you could just go with that scout idea you were talking about, you know the scout from the planet that decided to go out into the galaxy to find their “god”. Of course you know what I mean it was your idea.

Or, hear me out on this... you could just scrap the planet idea altogether and just make it be some weirdo that is such a big fan of Victor Steele that they think he’s a god, you know literal hero worship.

Now I think on...

Scale it down. Don't make it a civilization, make it a small cult or fraternal organization. Perhaps a brotherhood...of Steele.

And this...

Or don't make this planet like Uveto or Tarkus but more like quest/event like Poe A

Ah but I am not a big fan of one shot things (I like when I can revisit).