Steam Summer Sale

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
So which games have you smut-loving bastards picked up during the sale?

So far, I've only bought a mini-bundle for Crusader Kings 2. (Mainly for the AGoT mod)

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
I was planning on getting Xcom 2, but I'm broke and wont get paid till after the sale ends.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I was planning on getting Xcom 2, but I'm broke and wont get paid till after the sale ends.

My two cents, don't get XCom 2 unless you can get it really cheap. It is nowhere near as good as the first one, in fact I rather disliked it.
If you like games like that though, I would recommend one called Xenonauts. A great game in the same sort of style, a bit more faithful to the original games though.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
summer sale this year is actually good for those that never bought a game before or just upgraded their pc, lot of good games (Which i already have from previous sales, sad)
Also i stick to the golden rule where i won't buy anything that isn't at least 70%

So this time , and for now, i only got the Shadowrun Collection and the Dark Eye Universe Bundle.
But i probably wont get any AAA game now, the ones i want i'll wait for next year while playing from the long infinite list of games i never touched in that steam library

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I got mount and blade warbands cause bannerlord hype =x

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
My two cents, don't get XCom 2 unless you can get it really cheap. It is nowhere near as good as the first one, in fact I rather disliked it.
If you like games like that though, I would recommend one called Xenonauts. A great game in the same sort of style, a bit more faithful to the original games though.
It depends on the playstyle you enjoy. I liked XCOM 2, but I do agree that it is weaker in some areas than 1 was (alpha strike is probably the biggest problem). A big upside of 2 is the huge amount of modding content available (even some adult mods too), so you can customize your experience a lot more easily in 2 than 1. Xenonauts should only be a recommendation if you like the gameplay from the original XCOM series, including time units, the cover system, and much larger unit counts on missions. It isn't for everyone.

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
For some games, the modding scene is even better than the game itself. Like who actually bought ARMA 2 to play ARMA 2, and not DayZ?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
• Megadimension Neptunia VII -it's stupid and funny. I'm having fun.
• Fallout 1/2/vegas -only played 3 so far, started vegas yesterday. No mods for the first playthrough. Made a fist-fighter in a world of guns...
• The Bard's Tale -reviews say dated but very funny, the expected twist on those "you're the hero/chosen one" games.
• Commander Keen and Nights into Dreams -nostalgia (and they cost less than a chocolate bar right now)

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
For some games, the modding scene is even better than the game itself. Like who actually bought ARMA 2 to play ARMA 2, and not DayZ?

Modding sure as hell made Skyrim's shelf life last a LOT longer than it would without mods. That pretty much applies to any games with modding support.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Modding sure as hell made Skyrim's shelf life last a LOT longer than it would without mods. That pretty much applies to any games with modding support.
To be fair, I was specifically referring to games you buy, pretty much to play a mod for it.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
I bought a bunch of Final Fantasy games, though I've played most of them.

Finished V for the first time yesterday and beat all five bonus bosses earlier today. Neo Shinryu is horrible.

Still, beating those superbosses gave me some confidence. Maybe I'll try Emerald and Ruby Weapon in VII again.
that makes me remember i still have to complete some high difficult missions on Final Fantasy Type Zero, great news that Ace from Type Zero will be in the new Dissidia game

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Y'shtola is waifu material.

Then again, I've only really played FFXIV: ARR (atleast more than one playthrough)

Ellipsis

Dec 5, 2015
I only bought Vermintide, and just the base game at that. Still, I've been playing the hell out of it.

Ellipsis

Dec 5, 2015
Yeah, they seemed pretty underwhelming and the one with the darkened areas sounded fucking awful.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
The level with the darkness made me want to get a refund for the whole DLC. I played it once, and then never again. The same sort of thing happens in the Dwarven DLC, where the rooms flood with Steam making it incredably difficult to see, as well as giving you barrels with timed charges rather than just regular explosive barrels. It just isn't any fun playing those. The annoying thing is that on the bounty board they make it so that in order to complete some of the bounties you need the DLCs with those levels, which incredibly frustrating, and kind of a dick move on their part.