Status about Sophora

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Been hearing some on and off things about Sophora. Considering she stalks us anywhere on the probe map. I keep hearing that she is getting more content to flesh out her character. But I also keep hearing that it is put on the backburner/stasis for awhile. Unsure whether the devs will continue or drop her content.

Can anyone tell me the situation surrounding her? Because its been leaving me a little anxious, since she seems like a major side character on the same vein as CoC2's Evelyn, with how difficult she can be to deal with. Not to mention the choices whether you want her to keep chasing you or not. Just having the option to get her to stop chasing you sounds like your persistence will be rewarded if you do so.

Last edited:

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Its my understanding, nothing more will happen with her. She is, as is, "feature complete" at this time. Here is the post in question that let me to think this is true. And on his first post, are the finished docs about Sophora, as well as all of his other TITs contributions

Reactions: Endwar

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I know this is gonna sound dickish and I'm sorry, but I feel like recently they've kinda been dropping the ball lately with a fair amount of stuff.

Like there were always holes in things like with myrellion, but now it's starting to feel less like a bowling ball and more like Swiss cheese, ya feel me?

I think maybe the team needs to pump the brakes and re evaluate things, because it's becoming more and more apparent that whatever is going on is taking a toll on the game.

I mean ffs I've had a thread in the bug section filled to the brim with numerous typos that's seemingly gone unnoticed for 3 months. I know they have a lot on their plate but come on man.

Again I'm sorry for being an asshole I'm just speaking my mind here.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
I see. Thanks for clearing things up guys. Also just saw the recent posts surrounding this and Will's status. @William. Hope you are doing okay mentally and physically. While I do hope Sophora's status might change in the future. I understand all the same. Wish you all the best.

Sincerely, a simple fan :)

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
I know this is gonna sound dickish and I'm sorry, but I feel like recently they've kinda been dropping the ball lately with a fair amount of stuff.

Like there were always holes in things like with myrellion, but now it's starting to feel less like a bowling ball and more like Swiss cheese, ya feel me?

I think maybe the team needs to pump the brakes and re evaluate things, because it's becoming more and more apparent that whatever is going on is taking a toll on the game.

I mean ffs I've had a thread in the bug section filled to the brim with numerous typos that's seemingly gone unnoticed for 3 months. I know they have a lot on their plate but come on man.

Again I'm sorry for being an asshole I'm just speaking my mind here.
I agree with you. Ideally, what they should try to do is after they finish Phaedra, and put in the final probe, they should then step back, take a cleansing breath, and start backfilling the game, completing the incomplete areas. Maybe with some of the drive for new new new new gone, they can do this.
But, consider this: they still are getting money every month. They haven't driven too many Patreons away. So it can be argued that what they are doing is working for them, so why change?

Reactions: Kesil and Endwar

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I agree with you. Ideally, what they should try to do is after they finish Phaedra, and put in the final probe, they should then step back, take a cleansing breath, and start backfilling the game, completing the incomplete areas. Maybe with some of the drive for new new new new gone, they can do this.
But, consider this: they still are getting money every month. They haven't driven too many Patreons away. So it can be argued that what they are doing is working for them, so why change?
I suppose you have a point.

But I'm pretty sure a ton of people are going to drop off from the game once the finale is released, so idk if that's really a good idea.

If you ask me, it's better to backtrack sooner rather than later so you don't have quite as much ground to cover, and when you get back to where you left off you can be as thorough as you need to be without having to worry about anything else, ya feel me?

Reactions: waterpanther7

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I suppose you have a point.

But I'm pretty sure a ton of people are going to drop off from the game once the finale is released, so idk if that's really a good idea.

If you ask me, it's better to backtrack sooner rather than later so you don't have quite as much ground to cover, and when you get back to where you left off you can be as thorough as you need to be without having to worry about anything else, ya feel me?
I kind of have. TiTs has been a major let down on the backer patches and great characters are being left behind. I'm not paying backer privilege from next month. Perhaps a year or two down the line it might pick back up again.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I kind of have. TiTs has been a major let down on the backer patches and great characters are being left behind. I'm not paying backer privilege from next month. Perhaps a year or two down the line it might pick back up again.
Yeah you're not wrong. I mean ffs the last update was literally one item and a few fixes.

Then again maybe we are just kinda spoiled from the days when we'd have a huge patch once a month or so.

Or maybe I'm huffing copium.

All I know is that I've got disposable income and don't want to wind up a week behind with updates so I'll do me and you'll do you lol.