Starter skills?

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
So I'm mucking about in Minerva and found that unlike most perks, the starter stills given to each class don't seem to be listed anywhere in the save. And similarly, trying to give yourself one of the starter perks doesn't seem to work. Specifically, I'd like to switch Headbutt for Flashbangs, since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a ranged Merc to suddenly charge out of cover and start smacking things with her forehead. Heck, headbutting doesn't seem like an effective strategy in general, in a setting where people are running around with laser swords and power armor. It bothers me to the point where I feel like my character has to have horns in order for it to make any sense at all, even though I really don't want to have horns. And I also don't really want to be stuck with a perk I don't like using.

So is there a way to switch these perks with a Save editor, or is it just hard-coded based on whatever class you're set to?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Those attacks have .RequiresClass, meaning they cannot be save edited in.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
So I'm mucking about in Minerva and found that unlike most perks, the starter stills given to each class don't seem to be listed anywhere in the save. And similarly, trying to give yourself one of the starter perks doesn't seem to work. Specifically, I'd like to switch Headbutt for Flashbangs, since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a ranged Merc to suddenly charge out of cover and start smacking things with her forehead. Heck, headbutting doesn't seem like an effective strategy in general, in a setting where people are running around with laser swords and power armor. It bothers me to the point where I feel like my character has to have horns in order for it to make any sense at all, even though I really don't want to have horns. And I also don't really want to be stuck with a perk I don't like using.

So is there a way to switch these perks with a Save editor, or is it just hard-coded based on whatever class you're set to?

remember when luke headbutted darth vader?

yea me neither 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
They're not in the middle of a fight. And if Shep's not wearing a helmet, well...If it were trying to be realistic sci-fi Shep would probably get hurt headbutting that Krogan :p She rubs the back of ner neck when she should be going "ow my fucking forehead!".

Well, Shep has lots of synth parts here...

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Well, Shep has lots of synth parts here...

Synth parts, sure, but I'm pretty sure the skeleton is still mostly bone, yet. Shep is described as having 'a few extra bits and pieces' in ME2... not a Terminator with a fleshy filling.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh mostly bones or already "enhanced" bones like lanced with some mineral...coug adamantine or similar alloy/metal xD

On OP: umm why would we want starter skills? Usualy other classes got similar skill later that is a lil bit better than starting skill. Or it's jsut to be satisfied by having ALL possible specials?

Last edited by a moderator: