Starter Ship Crew Limit?

Nov 4, 2017
I just got the second probe (first time so no spoilers please) and have started to build up a crew. I have Anno, Azra, Bess, Celise, Kase, and Goo Girl Suit that somehow all manage to fit on my ship at once. It says there are only three bunks so I was thinking that was the limit.

Do they only count towards the limit if they have to sleep in a bed or something? Like maybe Bess doesn't count towards the limit because she is a droid that doesn't sleep, Goo Girl doesn't because I am wearing her, and Celise doesn't because she stays tucked into the heat transfer pipes?

I mainly want to be know that I won't miss out on recruiting someone because my ship is too full. I'm assuming if I recruit when it is full it will prompt me to send one back to Tarvos, but I want to be sure.

Nov 4, 2017
Aww that's kind of disappointing, I had no idea how far along the game was in terms of development and content. I was looking forward to buying a nice ship and maybe being able to mod it out.

I guess being able to keep everyone on it from the start is good enough for now, thanks for the quick answer.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Don't worry. Our resident Code Draggy is hard at work bringing us a massive expansion to ship content.

VT2020

Jul 12, 2019
Ehhh...Sorry for necroing but for future references. There IS a cheat to allow unlimited crew members no matter the ship: clowncar

Simply go to codex>options>console>type: "clowncar" in text box without quotes and click -execute- a notification should show. Be sure to save on an empty save because I am unsure it may affect anything. Hope that helps.

4ky

May 6, 2018
It was really not only not actual, but completely not relevant to the topic. Because at 2018 unlimited crew space was a norm. And it was not discussed above.
It says there are only three bunks so I was thinking that was the limit.
Regarding the new mechanics of spaceships, I also thought that 3 beds are a total limit. However, the Casstech Z14 has total 4 slots* for module/crew, not counting the captain. I mean, in the description of Casstech Z14 it is clearly written:
Three bunks are scattered around the cramped interior, providing barely adequate room for you and your crew.
So, captain + 2 crew members = 3 bunks right? No complaints, just a funny observation.

----
*Total 4 because 3 empty and 1 occupied by additional weapon. The laser also looks unnatural, because it can be sold at start and have after this more free credits, then choosing additional money (pampered upbringing).

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I also noticed that not all crew members use the available bunks, which makes sense since they are described as staying elsewhere (e.g. Celine goes wherever, Amber stays in the cargo hold, Yammi and the Pexiga in the kitchen, etc). So for my Clydesdale, which has 14 spaces total, I am still able to fit all 18 of my crew members with one additional space because 5 of them aren’t actually using rooms.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Well Celise has a bucket somewhere. Probably Futa!Penny's room.
Yammi has her tub. Not to be confused with an industrial steamer.
The Pexiga is in a cupboard somewhere.
Anno, Paige and Siegwulfe are in their own little puppy beds.
Ramis and Kase sleep anywhere warm.
Reaha is in her milking station.
Amber is in her barn.
Goo Girl Armour is in a box in storage. It's okay, she has a night light.
Pippa's back in the freezer. And by that, I mean Uveto.

Really, the only one with a proper human bed is Captain Steele. But the Clydesdale is just one weird ship anyway. Totally a flying barn.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Well Celise has a bucket somewhere. Probably Futa!Penny's room.
Yammi has her tub. Not to be confused with an industrial steamer.
The Pexiga is in a cupboard somewhere.
Anno, Paige and Siegwulfe are in their own little puppy beds.
Ramis and Kase sleep anywhere warm.
Reaha is in her milking station.
Amber is in her barn.
Goo Girl Armour is in a box in storage. It's okay, she has a night light.
Pippa's back in the freezer. And by that, I mean Uveto.

Really, the only one with a proper human bed is Captain Steele. But the Clydesdale is just one weird ship anyway. Totally a flying barn.

Anno_gay_baby_jail.png