Spirit Binder Ultimate for the PC?

K

KitsuneAnon

Spirit Binder was Berwyn's Ultimate power when he was still a companion. However, since he got demoted to an NPC his ultimate isn't being used by anyone so can we, the PC, adopt this power? Maybe Berwyn or Matiha can teach it to us after their quest is done. As for why, I just like summons and it would be nice to have an ultimate focused on them :p

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Given that we literally just got a Power that functions as a slightly weaker Spirit Binder in lieu of giving us the original ability, I'm guessing the answer is 'no'.

K

KitsuneAnon

Oh haha, I didn't bother with Rixx since I thought she just taught normal black mage spells. Turns out all she teaches is summoner stuff - neat!
Empower Summons is nice, but I still feel its existence doesn't invalidate Spirit Binder potentially being learnable. Yes, they'd both be stat buffs to a summon but as a summoner, I would love to use both of them and have a gigachad summon. I believe this would've already been possible before, just with Blessing instead of Empower Summons.

But if we wanted to differentiate the two powers a bit more, having Spirit Binder actually bind the summon to your will and make them controllable instead of using the game's AI would be very nice.

K

KitsuneAnon

Oh and since Rixx is already a summoner teacher, having her teach Spirit Binder would be an easy add on.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There's also the fact that Savin has said we're not getting any Ultimates outside our class and the soulbinds, meaning exactly one more option at this point when the Astrida soulbind becomes available.

No Ults.png

K

KitsuneAnon

Huh, wonder what the reason is for limiting ultimates like that. Just feels odd that we have tons of options for learning other powers (class, teachers, items, stealable, etc) but ultimates don't get the same treatment. But if by chance Astrida's soulbind ultimate is Spirit Binder+, I will forsake the floof goddess and rename myself SalamAnon lol.

But on the topic of summons, there are some changes I hope to see.

1. Let the player control their summon.
I don't like the game's AI and have always played on manual for my companions. Having to deal with the AI again for summons is annoying.
2. When summoned, let the summon attack right after your turn ends. For all subsequent turns, the summon uses its own initiative to determine its turn order.
Currently, when first summoned the summon will be put at the very end of the turn order. This is annoying when you're first in the turn order and use your summon power only for it to take action at the end of the combat round.
Like this would be the equivalent of going first as a black mage and using Vitality Reap, only for Vitality Reap to have to wait until the very end of the combat round to do damage. Its just all around janky.

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020
There's also the fact that Savin has said we're not getting any Ultimates outside our class and the soulbinds, meaning exactly one more option at this point when the Astrida soulbind becomes available.

View attachment 33375
Can we be sure about the only one more ult part, friend? From the way Savin worded that response we could still get a second ult option for each class in one of the remaining levels. Or did I miss something? Do you know of any other tidbit of info that already said something like classes would only have 1 ult each ever?