Spellwarrior, suggestions?

FerrusAxel

Aug 10, 2020
I've been playing around with Thief for a long while and I'm wondering on trying out a warrior with magical abilities, so mostly a black mage that can mix in some melee. I'm wondering if I can still do this as a thief or should I switch to Black Mage or even Warrior.
For those curious I'm a Lupine Thief with the Hunter Background, I'm curious where I should move my stats around and such if needed

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
I've been playing around with Thief for a long while and I'm wondering on trying out a warrior with magical abilities, so mostly a black mage that can mix in some melee. I'm wondering if I can still do this as a thief or should I switch to Black Mage or even Warrior.
For those curious I'm a Lupine Thief with the Hunter Background, I'm curious where I should move my stats around and such if needed
You will most likely need to redistribute your attributes at a Class Trainer depending on what you want.
As for changing to a different class, it also depends on what you want. If you want to be a warrior that uses summons then I'd say select the Warrior Class, same if you wanted to be a tanky caster. But if you wanted to be a mage that can deal lots of magical damage and can still hit relatively hard with melee then I'd say go with Black Mage Class.
This is due to each class having passives and perks that suit their respective classes; so whilst it might be possible to mix and mash different powers from other classes, it might not be as optimal as just respecing to a different class altogether for the different passives and perks.

Depending on what you want; some build ideas:
Tanky Summoner (Warrior Class; Warrior Powers and Summon powers): Toughness, Presence, Strength / Agility / Cunning.
Tanky Caster (Warrior Class; Warrior powers and Black Mage powers): Toughness, Willpower, Strength / Cunning / Agility.
Strong Mage (Black Mage Class; Black Mage powers and Warrior Powers if desired): Strength, Willpower, Cunning / Agility / Presence.

I'm pretty sure if you have a look at the Attributes section in-game or on the wiki, you'll be able to come up with a variety of different builds to suit what you want.

See the below attachment if you want a levelled (and relatively geared with the starting shop gear) character to test your desired build "Spellwarrior":

Attachments

• CoC2 SpellWarriorOne 74.coc2
    7.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
Honestly, the class you are in this game only matters for two things: Perks and RP. Different classes have different perks that lean more towards a specific playstyle, and what class you are might come up in scenes that check for it (Thieves might pick locks while a warrior might just smash it, so on and so forth).

As for which class you should roll with it depends on playstyle. A fast spellblade is probably best off being a thief. If you wanna wear heavy armor of any sort play warrior. If you wanna focus more on magic instead of an even split between that and melee, use black mage.

I've found that when building characters in this game its best to focus three stats and mostly ignore everything else. If I wanna be a fast spellblade I mostly bump Strength, Willpower, and Agility. Maybe put a point or two in toughness so I don't die to a slight breeze.

If I wanna be more of an Eldritch Knight type character, I bump Strength, Willpower, and Toughness. I also throw a point or two into agility so my character won't be legally blind.

As for abilities, I like to use stuff that benefits from spellcasting and physical power, like Power Wave or Charge Weapon.

FerrusAxel

Aug 10, 2020
Honestly, the class you are in this game only matters for two things: Perks and RP. Different classes have different perks that lean more towards a specific playstyle, and what class you are might come up in scenes that check for it (Thieves might pick locks while a warrior might just smash it, so on and so forth).

As for which class you should roll with it depends on playstyle. A fast spellblade is probably best off being a thief. If you wanna wear heavy armor of any sort play warrior. If you wanna focus more on magic instead of an even split between that and melee, use black mage.

I've found that when building characters in this game its best to focus three stats and mostly ignore everything else. If I wanna be a fast spellblade I mostly bump Strength, Willpower, and Agility. Maybe put a point or two in toughness so I don't die to a slight breeze.

If I wanna be more of an Eldritch Knight type character, I bump Strength, Willpower, and Toughness. I also throw a point or two into agility so my character won't be legally blind.

As for abilities, I like to use stuff that benefits from spellcasting and physical power, like Power Wave or Charge Weapon.
Ok so mostly Strength, Willpower, and Agility, really I just need to switch cunning for Willpower
You will most likely need to redistribute your attributes at a Class Trainer depending on what you want.
As for changing to a different class, it also depends on what you want. If you want to be a warrior that uses summons then I'd say select the Warrior Class, same if you wanted to be a tanky caster. But if you wanted to be a mage that can deal lots of magical damage and can still hit relatively hard with melee then I'd say go with Black Mage Class.
This is due to each class having passives and perks that suit their respective classes; so whilst it might be possible to mix and mash different powers from other classes, it might not be as optimal as just respecing to a different class altogether for the different passives and perks.

Depending on what you want; some build ideas:
Tanky Summoner (Warrior Class; Warrior Powers and Summon powers): Toughness, Presence, Strength / Agility / Cunning.
Tanky Caster (Warrior Class; Warrior powers and Black Mage powers): Toughness, Willpower, Strength / Cunning / Agility.
Strong Mage (Black Mage Class; Black Mage powers and Warrior Powers if desired): Strength, Willpower, Cunning / Agility / Presence.

I'm pretty sure if you have a look at the Attributes section in-game or on the wiki, you'll be able to come up with a variety of different builds to suit what you want.

See the below attachment if you want a levelled (and relatively geared with the starting shop gear) character to test your desired build "Spellwarrior":
I'll make sure to look into that, It seems Tanky Caster might be what I'm looking for, but Strong Mage looks really promising!

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
My character is a Salamander frost Monk.
Basically my strategy is to use skills like "Entropic Winds" together with Ethrym's abilities causing the Frigid state to enemies and then Crush attacks, I use the fist skills that I learned from Zo.

The best thing about this build is that you can save points in Willpower since what you want is that your spells cause an abnormal state instead of doing damage and use them in another stat that you like.

From what I see that I can suggest you is that you use a Warrior to take advantage of wearing heavy armor then learn 1 or 2 spells that cause Frigid and combine with the Warrior powers that you want. And Finally you have to carry a weapon that causes Crush damage like Mastbreaker or Mace if you want to go to a hand and shield.

Last edited:

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
Bento boxes and willpower drinks from Garth are your friend. There are several ways you can do this. I, however, use a humble thief-mage. Wonder when I will get noxious cloud or incendiary cloud instead of grease.?
Use bento box before going to the ice rifts.
Take Brienne and Kiyoko.
Set powers as great heal, grease, cleave, deadly shadow.
Get attacked by cultists.
Use manual mode.
Use grease, fireball, fireball, deadly shadow, cleave, flare, will o wisp.
Laugh at demons.
?????
Profit!!!