SPACER Slime CYOA #1 (Prologue)

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016

This is the start of the story of Keoni Jokela...

In our Galaxy, there are many species and aliens that exist. Humans have, for sometime, been introduced into the galactic way of life... and during that time they sought out many things. Wealth, power, pleasure, and prosperity were all at the top of this grand list. The Alliance accepted them and has allowed them to recover and begin anew in the Galaxy, venturing to the Fringe and meeting the races who brave the more dangerous parts of space or came from there. The parasitic Bulor, the fight-ready Azgane, and the ritualistic Tengu are only some of the races that have come to be known to Humanity. Among the tales of mercenaries, captured criminals, and the every day merchant was a steadily more prominent discovery. It was the discovery of what is now called "The Goo".

A race of what could be defined as slimes, they were almost straight out of Human history stereotypes of such creatures. They could change their shape, dissolve anything, and resisted all forms of physical damage. That sort of genetic capabilities was something any species could find a powerful too, enough so that the Unity Project began attempting to find common genetics between The Goo and Humanity to create a being that benefited from their strengths. To create someone versatile with the human-like ingenuity to make them proud members of the Alliance. They appeared astoundingly capable on paper, but the earliest attempt to include The Goo into the Alliance genetics pool for Hybrids resulted in a rather unfortunate discovery. The Goo genetics in most cases took much of the body's physical configurations, resulting in an almost impossible degree of getting a sturdy and more capable Goo. This began to change when Jokela Industries paid for and hired personal staff to see their own Hybrid attempts could see the light of day.

This is how Keoni and his two sisters were "born", created initially as high-receptive puddles of the Goo's material before being "blasted" with the imprint of carefully crafted personalities compiled from actual children. Keoni Industries had ensured they were kept safe due to their rarity, watching the Hybrids learn and mimic the aging humans they were surrounded by. It took roughly sixteen years, but the imprinting finally resulted in human-like goos that had grown and come to recognize both halves of their heritage. While his two sisters were sent abroad to train them for the life of being Jokela Industries' spokeswomen, Keoni was sent to a Jokela Colony in the Fringe where he'd worked on a warm, swamp-like world as a member of the society. He would undergo the Chimera project by the time he turned twenty-five, taking his old spear and knife from working on a fishing boat. This meant that much of his funds were spent trying to prepare him for one big adventure, heading off-world with everything he owned in a pack...

Last edited by a moderator:

MorganHannahFae

May 10, 2016
I vote for becoming a criminal, and already being pretty good at it; Because he's naturally cruel and aggressive, leading to many of the Big Boss types liking him for his attitude as long as he never puts it up in their face. He becomes a Slaver, kidnapping, training, and selling girls.

Or some kind of mook muscle, like a brute with a spear. A stabby kinda guy.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I think that scraping by on a colony world would offer the most flexibility, not only that but a companion this early on in the game will make a big difference. 

Thiefsama

Aug 6, 2016
I vote for becoming a criminal, and already being pretty good at it; Because he's naturally cruel and aggressive, leading to many of the Big Boss types liking him for his attitude as long as he never puts it up in their face. He becomes a Slaver, kidnapping, training, and selling girls.

Or some kind of mook muscle, like a brute with a spear. A stabby kinda guy.

Bonus points for enslaving his sisters later on.

I second this. It's not often you see an anti-hero or bad guy main character. Because you provided the option, Bubble, I'd really like to see it.

I recommend the stabby kinda guy more than the slavery, but the slavery could be the way he gets his first companion. Something like that.

And because of his biological buffs he seems too overpowered. Making him also a good guy who does no wrong would be a little too Mary Sue for me. He needs a major flaw or a major enemy, and there is no major enemy more major than the government; Because if anyone was more powerful than the government, they would be the government instead.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
If he becomes a criminal, i'm really hoping to see a DnD Ebberon Good/evil contrast.  Good guys committing moral atrocities for the greater good, bad guys being honorable (for a lack of a better word, how do you sum up "more inclined to keep their word/agreemants" in one word?) and prone to enlightened self interest.

Thiefsama

Aug 6, 2016
If he becomes a criminal, i'm really hoping to see a DnD Ebberon Good/evil contrast.  Good guys committing moral atrocities for the greater good, bad guys being honorable (for a lack of a better word, how do you sum up "more inclined to keep their word/agreemants" in one word?) and prone to enlightened self interest.

Those are both anti-heroes. Or at least, my own understanding of them as they are often depicted.

Honorable is the correct word. Honor makes no distinction between good and evil, as it's not based on morals but on duty and trust. Keep your vows, fight head on, don't run away from a fight you might win, and you're honorable. There's more to it than that and little intricacies, but the code of honor isn't too diffeent from just that.

Yeah it would be cool. I also think Morgan's idea for just a straight up bad guy is cool too.

I'm not sure which one I support more, but I think being straight Evil would create more conflict and most likely more smut. Especially if he's got the slave thing going on; Everyone he meets becomes a potential companion.