Source code access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Was just curious if this would be available after a while, and if so will it be open to everyone or for backers only?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
What MESeele said.

No source code access will EVER be made public.

We don't want people making mods.

We don't want people "helping" with the code, those interested can apply to Drakku and Gedan.

We don't want people taking the half-baked remnants of unfinished projects and plugging them in against the authors' wishes, or making their rejected fanfic real.

Fenoxo really regretted making the original game open-source, and we're learning from that mistake.

So.

No.

N

nonchip

would be at least nice to have the sourcecode for the UI framework though, for use in other projects. but given your elitist "creativity is bad" stance there I guess we're gonna have to write it up from scratch.
really sad, i really like the games, but hearing statements like that is just... dunno what to say.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
We don't want people making mods.
Really? You don't want changes made to your game, yet you make it HTML JavaScript? I've just analysed the game, and its totally moddable. Making an asset changing mod or a text change is trivial. The only two hindrances are the fact that the JavaScript is Tinyfied, which can be reverted with most rich texteditors, and the fact that all the code is put in one big file, which makes it harder to find where something in the code is.

Sorry for being so blunt about it, I do relate to you artists feeling that you have no grip on your creations, I guess its in the nature of the internet.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
would be at least nice to have the sourcecode for the UI framework though, for use in other projects. but given your elitist "creativity is bad" stance there I guess we're gonna have to write it up from scratch.
really sad, i really like the games, but hearing statements like that is just... dunno what to say.

Don't be a cunt.

It's not "creativity is bad", it's "the community becomes toxic if they let them have access to the source code", and you are fucking proving it.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
It would be creative if you designed and implemented your own UI.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Really? You don't want changes made to your game, yet you make it HTML JavaScript? I've just analysed the game, and its totally moddable. Making an asset changing mod or a text change is trivial. The only two hindrances are the fact that the JavaScript is Tinyfied, which can be reverted with most rich texteditors, and the fact that all the code is put in one big file, which makes it harder to find where something in the code is.

Sorry for being so blunt about it, I do relate to you artists feeling that you have no grip on your creations, I guess its in the nature of the internet.
I thought it was obvious that accessibility is a greater priority than everything being behind lock and key.

Status
Not open for further replies.