Soulbinding

Ravengem

Jul 25, 2021
Who did you give your soul to, if any? Do you plan to keep it? Are there any one of The Seven you are saving it for?

I personally went with Keros, but I wished I could also have it so I could romance Kas.

Bonus question: Do you think we'll be able to give up our soul to Nareva at some point?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
We know that Nareva soulbinding is coming, it's just gated behind several things that Savin hasn't had time to get around to yet. We also know it's the only other soulbind that's going to happen, as the remaining gods are either not planned to appear, don't do soulbinding or both.

To the first question, since I play several Champs with different RP hooks and to see different sorts of content, it depends. My main Champ is a valkyrie and has absolutely no issues with giving Lumia her soul if it means not dying of old age a century or more before Ryn. I have another Champ who's maybe going to go Astrida (or at least I'll use them to check it out) and a third who's tested out the kitsune soulbind but she didn't stick with it on an ongoing basis. The remaining ones I play are keeping their souls, either because the RP hooks don't give them an interest in soulbinding or because they're romancing Kas.

• Love
Reactions: Ravengem

Anonymous Bat

Feb 16, 2023
I'm keeping my soul to myself and doing my damnedest to kill Kasyrra. It's mine and nobody else is getting it!

I'll be delighted if, late in the game, there's a nod to players who kept their soul whilst opposing Kas. A mortal triumph, spurning both divine power and demonic seduction...

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
moira_elena5.png

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I've tried out the Kitsune TF and didn't really like the extras that came with it. I kind of just dumped that character. I would have been more inclined to try the other two if they didn't gender lock you to female. That's going to be a real deal breaker for me so I guess I'll be keeping my soul for myself.

Reactions: Arai and Ravengem

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I've tried out the Kitsune TF and didn't really like the extras that came with it. I kind of just dumped that character. I would have been more inclined to try the other two if they didn't gender lock you to female. That's going to be a real deal breaker for me so I guess I'll be keeping my soul for myself.
iirc gothmander doesn't lock? all naturally-occuring gothmanders are dgirl but PC special

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
iirc gothmander doesn't lock? all naturally-occuring gothmanders are dgirl but PC special
pretty sure Savin was leaning away from forcing the pc to grow a dick but was still for for gender locking you to female. I'm not 100% sure on that but I feel like I've read about the gothmander TF gender locking to female.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
pretty sure Savin was leaning away from forcing the pc to grow a dick but was still for for gender locking you to female. I'm not 100% sure on that but I feel like I've read about the gothmander TF gender locking to female.
That would certainly be disappointing. I really only play male or maleherm characters, so I guess all my Champs will be keeping theirs souls by default if that’s the case.

I realize there is the kitsune option as well, but considering that I’ve stopped interacting with them on every champ I’ve made as soon as I’ve done Evergreen & Nakano’s quests, my level of interest in the floofhaus is pretty obvious.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
So far I have 2 kitsune Champs and 2 Valk champs. Once I get a better look at how the Nareva transformation stuff is and some of the NPC stuff around it I'll make a champ for that too

Reactions: Ravengem

youngpupa

Mar 20, 2022
Australia
The Nareva TF has been confirmed to allow the PC to be female OR male. The npc's under Nareva soulbind will be female due to most of them being designed as one from the womb to adults. While the champion will join later allowing them to be a male.

Reactions: valkyr42 and HK-47

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
The Nareva TF has been confirmed to allow the PC to be female OR male. The npc's under Nareva soulbind will be female due to most of them being designed as one from the womb to adults. While the champion will join later allowing them to be a male.
oh thank god. i was tired of being floof but i gotta keep that macguffin away from Kas

though the idea of being The Only top-fixed trans kitsunes along with Hana was a fun one

Turnbridge

Mar 25, 2023
My main pc kept her soul and wants to keep it that way! But I still need to make another playthrough with a specifically Luminan character though, that's next I think!

I'll be delighted if, late in the game, there's a nod to players who kept their soul whilst opposing Kas. A mortal triumph, spurning both divine power and demonic seduction...
I remember someone mentioning on the forums somewhere that it'd be fun if there was a 'New Vegas' style ending. Where the demons are defeated and you undermine the seven somehow. I kinda wanna echo that sentiment for all the lawfull-neutrals or chaotic pc's out there! lol.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
My currently only champ is bound to Lumia. This champ is quite old and I never planned for any soulbind. Surprisingly, being a Sun Mommy is a perfect fit for her personality, roleplay and build.

The Keros soulbind doesn't really interest me, but I'm quite hyped for Nareva.

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
I'm waiting on the Nareva option if my champ can stay as a dude tried the Keros one and it was good but I don't wanna be Kitsune even though Kiyoko is my favorite npc

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I remember someone mentioning on the forums somewhere that it'd be fun if there was a 'New Vegas' style ending. Where the demons are defeated and you undermine the seven somehow.
The devs have made it clear this is so not happening.

Ravengem

Jul 25, 2021
I'm loving all the responses this is getting :D It's very cool to see what people have picked and/or planned. I know that the PC's soul is very valuable, which has been stated multiple times, and I'm curious to see what else comes out of it, outside soulbinding to one of the Seven.

I still can't pull myself away from binding with Keros, even though I really want to romance Kas. I know I'm not interested in the Lumia aspect and I feel like the TF's from the binding are too unique and fun to not bind myself away.

It was nice to see the Valkyrie's getting quite a lot of recognition in-game too. I like the subtle hints and the callbacks to such a major choice because it makes the whole transformation worth it and makes a difference.

Lucky_I

May 29, 2021
I like being a basic bitch human and would prefer to keep ownership of my soul so no soulbinding for me. I would've been tempted if Mallach was an option but they aren't unfortunately. Plus, there doesn't seem to be any inherit benefit to soulbinding like extra content or scenes or whatnot(beyond those, I wanna say, two scenes with Kiyoko and Cait if you're a Kitsune) meanwhile there's a whole questline with Kass, a character I really like and enjoy, that involves retaining my soul so yeah. If the different soulbindings ended up getting their unique questlines, equipment, and powers down the line then I definitely be a lot more interested.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
My main champs are keeping their souls, so they can continue romancing Kas without feel guilty.
I have 2 Lumia bound champs so far, 1 elf and 1 lupine bimbo sun mommies. - still waiting for some Elf to comment.. cough Ryn, Daliza, Elthara cough
And I have 1 Kitsune champ but dont really care much for that one since no dickgirl Kitsune npcs are available but I did like the unique scenes- Annika, Serena and the hot deadly Kitsune we fight after getting the ring.
And once sexy snake lady's TF is available I shall have bimbo champs for her too.

Dr. Bootytaste

Jun 26, 2020
NC, US
www.youtube.com
I would never give up my soul for anything. I don't know what it does but I want it. If an actual god wants it then it's certainly valuable.
I don't want a pat on the head and a gold star from some diety. FUck them, I share my glory with noone. I'm Ghengis Khan up in this bitch. I'm taking over the continent one spouse at a time. Im not going to beg the divines for table scraps, I'm gonna be sitting at the table. I'm gonna make myself their equal. Not as god.... But as MAAAAAN.....
And there it is, friends..... The ugly truth.... We are the children of man.... Talos, is the true GOD of man. Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm.... Of spirit.

Last edited:

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
I have been planning on making a Black Mage champ inspired by Morrigan from Dragon Age who becomes soulbound to Nareva when that option is available

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I'm probably not gonna soulbind, I WOULD have gone with Keros but honestly that just feels like tryharding to be a not-Japanese and I can bond well enough with my family as is. I do like Lumia but she basically requires you to be either a female or hermaphrodite champ which I don't want to do, and Nareva just doesn't offer enough incentive.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Her Soulbind option isn't even in game, nor is her stronghold :p
Oh I know, I'm just imagining in comparison to Keros. If I'm not going to do so for family, I can't imagine what stronger incentive there would be.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I like being soulbound to Keros, because it's funny seeing the kitsunes squirm as they try to process how to deal with you both as an outside yet not. I might make a character for Nareva too if it is the case that we aren't gender locked. I mostly like to play soulbound - while I like Kas I feel like most would be incredibly put off her obsession with taking your soul regardless the intentions. I'll probably play a corrupt no soulbound run once we get closer to the end of the game when we know how the endings will work soul versus soulbound. I usually do the initial beginning sex scene and then play hard to get (outside of scenes where the champion wouldn't know it's her). Demon or no, I just feel real bad about going the romance route but still soulbinding on the good chance that the ending will become soulcrushing because of that one decision. I still hold out that we might get a kind of good ending with Kas with soulbound champions, but I know it's not likely so I'm keeping romance path away from my soulbound characters. XD