Soul-Selling and Character Personality

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
So, currently, you have one of 3 personalities based on your level of corruption (and one other factor):

Champion
Bimbo
Dark Knight

As well as several scenes that require you to be at or above/below a certain threshold for dialogue changes, choices, and even entire scenes.

My question is, does choosing One of the Seven Gods (going for a permanent TF or soul-deal) effectively hardlock you to the "Champion" personality?

And does it stop high-corruption-based scenes from ever occuring?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Having just tested binding my soul to Keros with a Champion who had the Dark Knight personality going in, they still have that personality after the transformation and their Corruption score still affects scenes. After using the cloister a few times their personality went back to the Champion type and scenes changed to match, so it seems like that's not one of the things that selling your soul affects. In theory you just can't lose your soul via max Corruption/appropriate Bad Ends because it's no longer yours to lose.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
My question is, does choosing One of the Seven Gods (going for a permanent TF or soul-deal) effectively hardlock you to the "Champion" personality?

And does it stop high-corruption-based scenes from ever occuring?

No. You're still you after all.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Still on the fence about turning my character into a kitsune. Maybe just make a spare save to play with it? Hm...

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Still on the fence about turning my character into a kitsune. Maybe just make a spare save to play with it? Hm...

Surrender to the Dark Side, we have rice crackers and fox-moms.

Besides we all have at least three or five different champions we're playing anyway.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'm not going to spoil things, but if you have decide to have Kiyoko with you when you go to Keros, the Champion can actually get quite pissed off at the Trickster God.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Play it and find out yourself.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
What's my name!

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
That was quite the temper flare! Glad I still had a save right after turning the broken hilt in to Kohaku haha.

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
I was hoping to be able to discuss the choice with Kiyoko before agreeing, but I didn't see any dialogue options. It was also odd that she didn't say anything while Keros made the offer in the garden (as Kiyoko was in my party at the time). I'd figure she'd definitely have had something to say about it right then, but Cait was the one who spoke up.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
That did strike me as odd, her contribution when the champ approached the shrine the second time with their mind made up mostly makes up for it though.

Last edited:

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
Yeah, the excitement she displays as Keros reforms you is so endearing. How she shoves her face into the Champion's new tails is so cute. I'm sure she would say "you should absolutely be his Champion", but it'd still be nice to have the conversations before the transformation.

I'm also hoping the other interactions with Kiyoko, such as Cuddling, Hot Springs, and the Share Essence ones are updated for after the transformation. I loved the Fox Fire one, and how she entwines her tails with his after Keros is finished, so that additional interactions during those events would be wonderful. Yet another reason for me to love Kiyoko's content.

Edit: Okay, after playing a bit more, I'm seeing a bit more of recognition of being a Kitsune in the scenes. I still love the concept of entwining their tails together, so it would be nice to see that as a part of foreplay more. But I'm glad to see the changes applied backwards.

Last edited:

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
I'm just hoping if there isnt already a scene for it in the future, Convocation of mirrors spoilers:
where the champion comments on keros and the other 6 being wraiths

Last edited:

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
I read the Kiyoko doc a while ago and liked that twist. Even in spite of all that, I still felt that I aligned far more with Keros than any of the other gods or Kami.

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Honestly I feel almost everyone does, because Keros is just really relatable to alot of people, not just for his attitude but also for the way he handles serious problems almost nonchalanty.

Reactions: Salomon

Shadow5

May 7, 2018
Exactly. He's hands on, deals fairly, and only treats you badly if you treat him that way. The other gods as portrayed have impacts in the world, but their presences are implied, not outright proven by physical presence. Gotta admire Keros for that.

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Well so far we have only see Keros's chosen people (Least an actual settlement of them mind you). Though iirc correctly its said Keros is more hands-on then the other 6. So honestly whose to say as the game progresses in its development that Kasyarra doesn't force the others into action ex Sorra and her harpies, and Mallach and the catfolk. But so far even though we've only met 2 I have to agree that Keros is by far the better one least imo.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
So, never dealt with the machinations of an active trickster... let's just say you'd wish for boring times and leave it at that.

MetaGeek

Oct 11, 2020
Ok I will post here because I cannot find it anywhere on the wiki or anything, is there one place to sell to gods or is it different for each one, in any case where do I sell to Keros?

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Kitsune Den, which is unlocked by completing Evergreen's quest, then you have to do Nakano's task. Keros will pop in to say hi when you head to the shrine after finishing it.

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
Ok I will post here because I cannot find it anywhere on the wiki or anything, is there one place to sell to gods or is it different for each one, in any case where do I sell to Keros?
You have to complete the metal relic quest in the kitsune den. Then after a day he will appear to you at his shrine and offer to turn you into a kitsune in exchange for your soul

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Ok I will post here because I cannot find it anywhere on the wiki or anything, is there one place to sell to gods or is it different for each one
Keros is currently the only one of the Seven that you can sell your soul to. We know that Lumia and Nareva at least will eventually offer the option (valkyrie and gothmander respectively) but as neither has repeatable interactions yet we don't know where they'll be located when their TFs become a thing.

Reactions: Salomon
I

iceyf0x

color me silly but i cant seem to find keros. i got married i did the metal relic quests but where do i find him so i may sell my soul?