Soul Bind and Kasyrra Romance

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Question about the above. If you take a bind early enough, you can permanently lock yourself from ever being able to do the redemption quest. But right now, in game, if you take a soul-bind post Dinner Party after already having all of the soul-talks post kitty-temple... the relationship remains as is.

Is this an intended option? To be able to romance Kas and have a soul bind to keep yourself safe? Or are they supposed to be mutually exclusive at all times, and there just isn't an off ramp in game at this time?

I ask, because I like the idea of a Bind+Redemption, but wasn't sure if this was supposed to be an intended feature/path

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Savin has said that soulbinding locks you out of (at least) one planned ending, so I suspect the matter will come up eventually whether you tell Kas or not.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Is this an intended option? To be able to romance Kas and have a soul bind to keep yourself safe?
You can conceal your soulbind from Kas for a while. By the end of Act 2, the jig will be up. Soulbind and Kas Romance will be mutually exclusive, even if it's not right away.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Makes sense. Kassy finding out about the whole "I gave my soul to (a) God" thing was always a matter of when, not if. Guess I'll have to be careful planning my soulbinds, if any, per playthrough.

Soulsderfuchs

May 17, 2022
steamwebhelper_XQI9IpncUB.png

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
So what your saying is get all my demon mommy smegs out of the way before the end of Act II, but she gonna be angy after. Savin is there going to be a one off between Kas, Champ, and Aileh for this romance to soulbound exposed situation? I mean if Kas goes from flirty to ice cold to you in the interactions when she visits her daughter and granddaughter it will look odd without some sort of transition explanation so it makes sense to at least Aileh. Granted I think Aileh would be upset that you tricked Kas, but also understand and feel some relief that Kas can't easily take your soul - We know Aileh dislikes demonization and definitely wouldn't want her lover to stop well... being able to love her, even for her mom's sake.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I mean if Kas goes from flirty to ice cold to you in the interactions when she visits her daughter and granddaughter it will look odd without some sort of transition explanation so it makes sense to at least Aileh.
This is already accounted for; Kas's interactions are SEVERELY curtailed if she's in her Hostile state (which the reveal sets her to). No more visits from Grandma, no more taking Aileh and Freja to Granny's place.

Howlknight

Jan 16, 2024
On a journey
I think it would be interesting to have a romantic redeemed Kas enter the same soulbind that the mc took. So you'd have floof kas, angel kas, or goth kas.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
I think it would be interesting to have a romantic redeemed Kas enter the same soulbind that the mc took. So you'd have floof kas, angel kas, or goth kas.
I don’t see it happening cause I doubt she would let it, but it’s an interesting idea, if nothing else

NinjaTacos

Aug 19, 2023
UK
So will Soulbind options be locked out once you get into Act 3? Or will she just know immediately if you get bound past a certain point?

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Will this also lock you out of all new sex scenes from Act 3 and onward with Kas?

I mean, in most cases yes? There might be some here and there related to victories or something maybe, but all the sex scenes that are on her romance path will obviously be unavailable since well, you're no longer on her romance path.

I'd imagine it can be compared to Rindo if you make her marry the other guy Kino doesn't get with. Why would Rindo fuck with you if she's happily married with a kit?

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'm just waiting for the Nareva soulbind at this point. I've played a Kitsune, and a Valkyrie, now I just need to play a Gothmander and the set is complete. But of course, it can't come before we get to Tychris, and we can't get there before the final Main Quest of Khor'Minos. So, cart before the horse.