Sophora encounter interfering with Rat Raiders encounters

RogueCrusader823

Dec 15, 2018
Hey I'm not quite sure if this is appropriate place for this but here it goes. The new Sophora combat encounter is making it nearly impossible to get any Rat Raiders encounters in the Forge area of Zheng Shi. I spent ten in game days trying to get Rat Raiders encounters and aside from three instances all other rare encounters have been Sophora. Can something be done about this?

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
The rats are a rare encounter, looks like. Currently they only have a 1:4 chance of being on the encounter table. Sophora is normal, she doesn't have to roll to be there. Jasvalla is also normal here.

However, Slavebreaker bored jumper and mining bot are all 2x, you should be seeing them more often then Sophora.

Knowing that I guess the question is why the rats are so rare by design, and I don't know the answer to that.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
However, Slavebreaker bored jumper and mining bot are all 2x, you should be seeing them more often then Sophora.
RogueCrusader823 specified the Forge. That's the 2nd floor, right? Mines, Forge, Scaffolds?
Knowing that I guess the question is why the rats are so rare by design, and I don't know the answer to that.
1. As a group fight, not all characters have a good way to deal with them. Though there are ways to avoid combat.
2. They can appear on all 3 floors.
3. More encounters have been added since.

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
RogueCrusader823 specified the Forge. That's the 2nd floor, right? Mines, Forge, Scaffolds? Bored Jumpers, Mining Bots & Slavebreakers don't appear there.

1. As a group fight, not all characters have a good way to deal with them. Though there are ways to avoid combat.
2. They can appear on all 3 floors.
3. More encounters have been added since.
Oh, right. Well this is even better odds. There's no roll to be on the table in the forge. If the rats are available, they get entered twice. If soph is available, she gets entered once.

Corona flamer has three entries, so does punk sec op.

The likely issue is that the rats are not available on this save, but I would have to have it to test why.

1684964234348.png

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Hey I'm not quite sure if this is appropriate place for this but here it goes. The new Sophora combat encounter is making it nearly impossible to get any Rat Raiders encounters in the Forge area of Zheng Shi. I spent ten in game days trying to get Rat Raiders encounters and aside from three instances all other rare encounters have been Sophora. Can something be done about this?
Second to third floor of Zheng Shi guarantees only that the rats will spawn. Sophora only spawns in the mines, aka where the mining robots are.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Yeah, I had little issue with Rat's Raiders encounters with Sophora on me when I was testing one of the Zheng Shi errors from one of the previous builds. Sometimes, I'd get one or the other either consecutively or with little in between.