Songs from unknown origins...

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Have you ever had a song in the head whose name you can't remember, and then suddenly, when you try to explain it's details to someone to get its name, you remember only its rhytm, or even worse, only a bit of the song that it's pretty common.

Four years ago, in a bus to the college, I heard a song with a characteristic chorus of "na na na nanana nanana". Some weeks later, trying to get the song's name, I realized that only has that chorus to give a detail of the song, and of course that lead me to nothing. Then, six months later, when seeing The End of Evangelion, "Komm, susser todd" played on the background, and it's rhytm sounded strangely similar, Then, I searched for a song with that characteristic chorus and similarities with the aforementioned, only to realize that it was the uber-known chorus of "Hey Jude".

A couple of months ago, I remembered another, with characteristic rhytms, a vibe from the 60's-70's rock and a chorus with the voice of a very young man? woman?...a neutral voice. My only clue is that I remember it from a Ned' Survival Guide episode from the Oboe twins that my brothers put on the TV long ago. As expected, with so few clues, its name is still a mystery.

What about you? Have you ever had a song on your mind whose name you forgot, and its search took you a loong time?

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
When I was 4 and 5, a song was frequently played on the radio and the phrase "bogie and bacall" with the drumbeats stuck in my head for years. I was sitting with my mom a year ago, and suddenly a familiar song played. I'd just started getting used to my implants and said.. "Hey that beat feels familiar" and then I'm hearing "Just like Bogie and Bacall". And I said "Wait a sec.. This song has been in my brain for 35 years!" My mom said "It's "Key Largo" by Bertie Higgins. It was on the radio all the time when you were little and you'd bounce around the room singing along."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I can so relate to this... The last song I could finally track down after decades of having its tune echoing throgh my head is Atlantic Ocean's "Waterfall".

(My, it feels good to return after two weeks of familial, Internet-less madness.)