Some confusion about Kiyoko/Kinu content

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
The whole story at the time, yes, they solo'd up to finishing WC, no party members outside of summons or guest party members.

Reactions: Malidica

Vais

Feb 2, 2021
Not only that, but the writers are all friends, or at least friendly and professional. Who's going to want to write for someone else's character when their author dislikes the content they're planning to write? And as if Savin would allow it anyway.

There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes for these games Vais and at the end of the day, all these stories are the passion projects of a group of nerdy artists. Your not going to get perfection, there will be gaps and even plot holes, inconsistencies and breaks in logic that rub you the wrong way, but that's just something you'll have to live with. No amount of voicing your displeasure will ever change it.

Trust me, I understand that better than you might think, being in a similar situation myself currently. I completely understand a handful of nerdsack writers coming together and starting a passion project and working on it in much of their free time and not wanting many people to touch their content. I get it, really I do BUT as a writer in a similar boat working on a similar project myself in my free time, from my own experience, working on something massive in scale that requires so much effort requires more than one or a handful of writers to complete unless said writers are completely content with burning themselves out and wasting countless hours/days of their life, hours/dat they could use on something else If they just allowed themselves to get real help, not to mention by only allowing themselves to work on it, like the creator of Lilith's Throne, It's going to take much, much longer for you to finish, IF you ever finish it in the first place(I'm sure the COC II team will since the original was finished). It usually just comes down to pride and stubbornness on the writer's behalf. Now quality assurance is a thing and I will give them that, especially If it relates to lore, I'm a lore stickler myself so I definitely understand that pain of not wanting to bend or break existing lore. That's no excuse though no matter who you are. I know full well volunteer writers are quite the commodity but that doesn't mean one writer can't attempt to have one or two dedicated volunteer writers that they trust to help flesh out their current content when they can't work on it due to having other duties which is always a thing with small teams and massive worlds unless your aiming for a static one but at that point? Why bother making a expansive world in the first place? Every writer has this issue to some extent and that's perfectly understandable, I'm no different but I like to think I'm far more open than others. I'm perfectly fine with people submitting content that effects content I've written, content that I take pride in and cherish as long as It fits and doesn't break lore or immersion. If people are willing to help, I'm open to it, especially If it takes some of the work load off. It gives me and my mind some breathing room and It adds new content that fleshes the world in some capacity. Sure, going through submitted content can be a major pain on itself but it still better than burning yourself out constantly. I'm sure everyone will disagree with me and that's fine. If I'm much in the wrong, I'd love to get a educational, in depth process on how this horse works. I won't even mention the coding aspect of COC II since that's a different beast on itself. I know that aspect isn't fun either, having to deal with code myself to a much lesser extent.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Honestly, I don't dislike Nakano. He knows that I can humble him again with ease and any petty remarks he makes are just that. He also points out how easy it is for you to pick up new skills and you just know that gets to him. For me, the topping on this heaping helping of humble pie is that when you go Kitsune, he can't outright disrespect you cuz you're chosen by their god. He essentially has to bow down to you any time you make your presence known and the fact that it eats him up inside makes it all the sweeter. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that he doesn't truly hate you. It sounds more like he's envious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizukage

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
For future reference, you might want to break your literal wall of text into smaller chunks using paragraphs. Anytime I see a blob like that, all I can picture is this:

david-hall-1001-tv-sets-2012-single-screen-snow.jpg

I go "Nope" and skip straight to the next post.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
For future reference, you might want to break your literal wall of text into smaller chunks using paragraphs. Anytime I see a blob like that, all I can picture is this:

I go "Nope" and skip straight to the next post.

In his first sentences he said he was a writer. Probably follows after Cormac McCarthy in style.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Sorry to kind of revive the post again after almost a week, but i've been away for quite a while and this topic is very special to me ^^

While i agree with so many points made in this thread, for some reason i remain very hopeful for the ending of this story, especially in regards to the point someone made about Keros and equivalent exchange. It was said that nothing of equivalence was exchanged when the champion lost 10 years with their floof fam (i think that's what was said at least). I'd rather think that exchange just hasn't come yet, or at the very least that the story is far from over.

Tobs is a great writer, as are all the writers working in the game, so i find myself very hopeful for what may still come in the story.

Reactions: Aurore

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
That only happens in the case in which you didn't bother with Kiyoko and try to return it as-is, which means that you were never invested in the characters to begin with and thus it was never of great value to you as a player or character. Triggering that scene and then agreeing -- it's not as if you bothered with them in the first place or had any interest, or did it because you felt obliged to and not because of your investment in them as people, otherwise you'd never have encountered that scene to begin with. As far as I'm concerned, your family's treatment of and attempts to accept you in that situation are more than just recompense given the disinterest you showed in them up to that point.

if you're actually invested in them as people, then yes, the exchange is correct in that you approach them: the only thing of sufficient value to return those you love to the world of the material is the loss of your time with them.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Keros asks you to do that. Getting Kiyoko out of the Astral Plane is you doing Keros a favor, not the other way around. He not only asks you to do it, he gets visibly pretty ticked off if you refuse.

In truth extracting Kiyoko from the Astral Plane doesn't actually have a whole lot of merit for Keros personally, since her entire lineage is effectively disinherited from the line of succession, her sisters lineage are the heirs to the Old Country now and Kiyoko returning to the mortal coils doesn't change that.

At best, he gains a second Den in the Marches, but Keros is effectively immortal and therefore has all the time in the world, speeding up the colonization of the Frost Marches by a century or two is not that big of a deal to him.

So the truth is, if you're actually invested enough in Kiyoko's content to get her out of the Astral plane he's doing you a favor, not the other way around. Is how I've always seen that exchange and I just got validated, not that I needed it. xD

It probably is a big deal for Komari though. Since it means she'll have to endure existing as a Yasha for a few centuries less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Well that confirms atleast one of my theories not necessarily in those exact words but still pretty close.

At best, he gains a second Den in the Marches, but Keros is effectively immortal and therefore has all the time in the world, speeding up the colonization of the Frost Marches by a century or two is not that big of a deal to him.

Which would work if we not had signs that point towards the fact that the old country is actively sabotaging its own colonization efforts and the fact that Hawkethorne out numbers the Kitsune 10 to 1 and if Evergreens calculations is correct at the rate that Hawkethorne is growing within a few decades the town will border on the frost woods itself.
So it's going to be a real interesting situation where it seems the two factions are going to butt heads, so hopefully Kinu and the Champion can convince the two to live in peace and act as a bridge between the two factions.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK Drack

RandomHoboman

Feb 28, 2021
Hey, just recently started playing COC2 and hit upon the Kiyoko and Kinu story arc. I know it has been answered before but I was wondering what are people's choices? Again Im torn between Hime or Inari, because I don't know which is generally best despite it both being the best outcome. It is tearing my mind asunder thinking about what to do because I just geniunely want the best for Kinu.... Should I just leave them in the orb till further content is released or just let it play out like I should? Any opinions on this?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Hey, just recently started playing COC2 and hit upon the Kiyoko and Kinu story arc. I know it has been answered before but I was wondering what are people's choices? Again Im torn between Hime or Inari, because I don't know which is generally best despite it both being the best outcome. It is tearing my mind asunder thinking about what to do because I just geniunely want the best for Kinu.... Should I just leave them in the orb till further content is released or just let it play out like I should? Any opinions on this?
You should probably start your own thread asking people to share their pros and cons instead of hijacking this one.

Also, "the best for Kinu" is highly subjective.

Reactions: HeyJune

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015

Honestly there isn't a best. There isn't much point unless you really want a specific personality for whatever reason to even see what the various choices do. Just take it one decision at a time and see what happens was how I did it the way it's made I don't see it set up as a way to tailor your daughter or anything of the sort. I'm redoing my file and honestly I'm curious if I'm still going to get Inari just cause I don't remember what I did the last times.

HeyJune

Feb 22, 2021
Gonna echo the previous opinions: which Kinu is "better" is kind of an subjective opinion depending on what kind of personality you like and since she's ultimately meant to be her own person... I'd just bring her up naturally (which got me Hime Kinu) and see what happens for your first time with the route. I'd only recommend "steering" her one way or another once you've finished that plot once.

BloodRaven117

Feb 26, 2021
I'm seeing all this content and thought in the characters here, and here I am, Dad-mom being oblivious as family politics happen around me just happy to be there with my floof family.

Course being told by my daughter that she fears my disapproval of her pairing if/when I've done nothing but encourage her to think and act on her own free will would make me upset since I've done nothing but support them as much as I could. But as her parent, I'd support her no matter what cause I love her.

From what I'm seeing hear reading your posts, I cannot help but feel that Observer has really written a well crafted story so far that has a lot of people extremely invested. Why from some of what I've seen you guys say, its like between me and the Ravenor Series in 40k, where to this day I have 40 more pages to go but I cannot bear to finish it, fearing a terrible end for Ravenor and his acolytes.

Reactions: HeyJune

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
I'm seeing all this content and thought in the characters here, and here I am, Dad-mom being oblivious as family politics happen around me just happy to be there with my floof family.

Course being told by my daughter that she fears my disapproval of her pairing if/when I've done nothing but encourage her to think and act on her own free will would make me upset since I've done nothing but support them as much as I could. But as her parent, I'd support her no matter what cause I love her.
I think that's what most people want to do for Kinu after getting separated for 10 years and want to make up for lost time and hopefully do better with the other named floofs.

Last edited:

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Sorry to derail this conversation in any way, but I was wondering about continuity and the like with regards to a character that only had Kinu with Kiyoko - prior to freeing them from the Astral Plane.

I was curious whether there would be any particular difference with regards to having the kits post-Astral Plane (aside from Kinu), as well as how Kinu interacts with them. I have not tested this myself, but I assume that some scenes currently would assume that Kinu's closely aged siblings ([Aya, Tatsumi, Asagiri, Kasumi]) are still within the same age range (even though they shouldn't be).

I know this is not really that big of a thing worth mentioning (also the fact that I haven't tested it myself), and is probably more effort than necessary to address - but I just wanted to question it (or even confirm if this is correct or not).

P.S. I wish we could have some content for being there for the kits we have post-Astral Plane, I don't wanna feel like a continued absent father.

Reactions: Aurore and Karamaru

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
P.S. I wish we could have some content for being there for the kits we have post-Astral Plane, I don't wanna feel like a continued absent father.

You and me both If I could make a selfish request I hope to interact with the named floofs I'm not expecting Kinu quest levels of content but being able to talk to them and spend time with them would be enough for me.

Reactions: Undecided

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Seems like that was a creative director's decision hopefully it will change when all the content with priority is out the door and The Observer can change their minds I'd hate to only see them in fleeting vignettes.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Maybe next game.

Until then, there's always fanfic.

Reactions: Karamaru

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Still working on it editing is a pain and I wish I had a more detailed description of the named floofs.