So... why is M-Preg a thing?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Not my thing at all but if its yours then why is that? There's also the conundrum of where the hell are they so suppose to come out...

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Not my thing either but... could it be because fantasy males also have a fantasy right to go through pregnacy and its different angles?

Reactions: ShySquare

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Probably for the same reasons Preg kink exists?
  1. body modifications inherent to pregnancy, whether realist or fantasy
  2. fantasy mental modifications due to fantasy pregnancy
  3. specific moments in the pregnancy (insemination and/or birth)
  4. the idea that it's somehow debasing/feminising/humiliating the pregnant subject (ie a male being subjected to a typically female condition)
  5. pregnancy is a condition that makes the pregnant person vulnerable and some people probably get off on taking care of the pregnant character
  6. Some people just want to see their OTP have kids that look like a perfect mix of the parents/aren't adopted
  7. the potential drama of pregnancy, but with male characters only
And of course, that was a non exhaustive list. You could go through the mpreg tags on tumblr to get an idea for yourselves, but... if that's not your thing you could be grossed out by some of the E and M rated fics.

Personnally I'm pretty picky about mpreg, but in erotica I like it mostly for 2) and 4).

There's also the conundrum of where the hell are they so suppose to come out...
The butt. Honestly don't think it's that much of a stretch, considering there are actual buttplugs larger than a newborn's head.
And I read a fic once where the baby got out through c-section, but that was a sci fi setting (Star Trek).

Reactions: Kaida and Kesil

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
4. the idea that it's somehow debasing/feminising/humiliating the pregnant subject (ie a male being subjected to a typically female condition)

All the m-preg I've seen and enjoyed had the feminization/sissification before the actual pregnancy, so there was no humiliation from the pregnancy itself. For me the appeal has always kind of been a chance to have my cake and eat it too by combining 2 seemingly incompatible fetishes. Abdominal Pregnancy (you can find it on Pururin or Tsumino though probably not e-hentai since there's a flashback to when the characters were children) is a good example.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I imagine gay men might still have the pregnancy kink, or just want a specific guy to have their child. I read one manga where the woman didn't wanna go through the bullshit of it, so her husband took on the burden.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I like it only because it's a way of reproduction without a female involved, and in a male/male fantasy where the involved want to have a child, it's quite useful if you don't want to have an intermediary.

Reactions: Zavos and ShySquare

Svelliphore

Aug 28, 2015
I like it I guess for the reasons ShySquare mentions. Basically pregnancy/impregnation kink + finding men sexually attractive, and finding some kinds of feminization attractive. I'm pretty grossed out by live butt-birth, but none of the mpreg content that I've enjoyed features any detailed descriptions of that, so even if it's implicitly present, I can just avoid focusing on it. There are also scenarios where the pregnant man just has a vagina.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
The 'birth' process usually varies from author to author. Several opt our for an easy path and make it work trough oviposition. It works pretty well if the couple is either reptilian, avian or insectoid, but not so much if it's mammal or humanoid. Other scenario is how, only during the pregnancy, the expecting man develops a "womb" on his backside, then the anus has both a digestive and a reproductive function, not unlike a bird's cloaca.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
This one's not so very tough to figure out.

There's a lot of curiosity involved - the role reversal, the idea of the body going through something it wasn't meant to, the peek at the other side - and on the giving end there are certainly plenty of guys who find the idea to be a compliment, that they're so virile they can knock up anything. It can be a violation, too; of boundaries: that's a line man was not meant to cross, so crossing it can be hot as the 'safety' of their maledom, what keeps them from having to experience pregnancy, is shattered; of identity: there are plenty of male-centric fetishes that break down the idea of maleness into a zero sum game (it's always been a popular way for men to think of it - not a healthy way, but popular) and being knocked up is one way of shattering a rival-or-something's masculinity.

But it can also be a search for deeper meaning, for connection. Hard to deny that there's something v. primally satisfying, an unspoken connection, when a man is giving of himself and a woman receiving and transforming it. Lovely as purely masculine fun can be that's not something it can replicate; mpreg is a yearning for something that's missing but desired. At the same time it's not -exactly- a wish for homo to be more like hetero, homo pregnancy (whether it's m/m or f/f) is stepping into the realm of fantastical possibility, of what conception would be like for these dynamics. It's moving beyond the strict physicality of conceiving into the metaphysical idea of it and that's actually a big part of why it's not something everyone will get.

To be perfectly frank when it comes to pregnancy the actual physical mechanics are exactly what gets them off for many; fantasy conceptions that dip into realms of abstraction will just make them scratch their heads and say "why not just do it the normal way?".

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
It's another one of those fetishes that not everyone gets but those that do can't get enough of if done well. I'm all for m-preg but I start to veer off the fap train once the characters start getting a bit too masculine. As is the case of some of ojififo's art.