So, Scale Colours...

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Is it safe to assume that when you first use Cinderleaf/Frostleaf and get a "half-skin, half-scaled body," that the scale colour is automatically the colour of your hair like it was in TiTS?
Considering the wiki states that you can use the TF again and try to get their respective scale colours of red/crimson/ruby or blue/indigo/sapphire, and nothing on what colour the scales are upon first getting them and all.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Is it safe to assume that when you first use Cinderleaf/Frostleaf and get a "half-skin, half-scaled body," that the scale colour is automatically the colour of your hair like it was in TiTS?
Considering the wiki states that you can use the TF again and try to get their respective scale colours of red/crimson/ruby or blue/indigo/sapphire, and nothing on what colour the scales are upon first getting them and all.

So, upon testing, it seems that the scale color does change to one of the three different scale color options for both the Cinderleaf / Frostleaf TFs, however it just isn't referenced in-game - or at least not in the appearance screen itself.

With regard to your statement of using the TF again to try and get the different scale colors - this would only occur if your PC no longer had scales or if their scales were not of the designated colors for the respective TF items (Cinderleaf / Frostleaf).

In reference to my above statement, the way in which I verified the scale color was via the Dev console, which I did
01.png

02.png

Save below (character is in the tutorial still - I used the Dev console to spawn in a lot of Cinderleaf / Frostleaf) if you want to test it for yourself:

Attachments

• CoC2 Test 0.coc2
    2.3 KB · Views: 102

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
The only exception is if you have something that sets scale colors before getting the half scaled body TF, like Manticore wings. It'll assume the color that the scales on your wings are, and it'd take another dose of cinder/frostleaf to change the color to Salamander colors.

This is how I give my scaled PC's black scales when I'm going for the Gothmander look. Get black scaled manticore wings, then get scales.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Well that sucks - was gonna make some sort of gray/onyx lizard with white scales because of hair/fur colour. Maybe that'll change later on...

C

confuzzled

whats the difference between ebony and onyx skin colours for the cinderleaf skin colour tf? are they not just both really dark black?