So, Let's talk about Etheryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
A muscley Ryn would be interesting but in mine she says when talking to Annika that MC would prefer her curvy and such.
Ryn's lines in the Annika intro event vary. If Champ has already made her thiccer, Ryn says that she does like the way she is now but wonders about how Champ would feel if she went muscular, too. If Champ hasn't made her thiccer, Ryn imagines having bigger booba and booty.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Ryn's lines in the Annika intro event vary. If Champ has already made her thiccer, Ryn says that she does like the way she is now but wonders about how Champ would feel if she went muscular, too. If Champ hasn't made her thiccer, Ryn imagines having bigger booba and booty.
Ah I see. Thanks.

Reactions: Alypia

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
Good memory! This is correct. "Even if I wanted to" - which means she doesn't want to. I think that a lot of people, when reading that line, kind of elide it.

This conversation is part of the Evergreen conversation series, too, so not everybody sees it.
No kidding, I think that's the first part of the conversation you have regarding her cage after you get to know her. But you can only ask her about it once before it disaapear's from her conversation tree. Which I always find an odd thing to do unless it's quest related dialogue. So that definitely Confirms she doesn't want one.

I know its meant to be banned but incest between npcs is already in game. I think it would be cool for Ryn to get payback on her bully of a sister even if threesome is off the table, maybe set Arona on her.
I think most of the incest related content is so light and difficult to get through, it would be really hard to bring up an argument against it. Which is why it's never been a problem yet, unless someone really had a vendetta and decided to report them for it.

I'd say that's being overly paranoid, but I've been on the internet long enough to sadly know people like that do exist. So I understand the decision to take caution on the matter. Also I'm pretty sure Arona's made several comment's on not even wanting to bother touching someone so messed up.

Maybe tying her up in the stocks and having Farrah or your pet Behemoth (if you kept it) go to town on her would be a good alternative.

Reactions: SmithEK

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
I found that comment to be interesting, because there's no direct player response you can give regarding that line. Which I guess I understand since you might not have Ryn in your party at the time. But if it were an option, I would have made it something along the lines of "Sure" "What do you want?" and "I like the way you are".

I generally always go for a more Top and Bottom heavy Ryn in my playthrough's anyway since it's something she's say's she's always wanted. Though content revolving around Ryn getting stronger could also be interesting, because that could tie into here learning a new class potentially. Like how Tui helped Quin getting him to work with heavy armor. I could see something similar to say, Arona helping out Ryn in a similar matter.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I found that comment to be interesting, because there's no direct player response you can give regarding that line. Which I guess I understand since you might not have Ryn in your party at the time. But if it were an option, I would have made it something along the lines of "Sure" "What do you want?" and "I like the way you are".

I generally always go for a more Top and Bottom heavy Ryn in my playthrough's anyway since it's something she's say's she's always wanted. Though content revolving around Ryn getting stronger could also be interesting, because that could tie into here learning a new class potentially. Like how Tui helped Quin getting him to work with heavy armor. I could see something similar to say, Arona helping out Ryn in a similar matter.
Mmm? Oh, it's not something that's supposed to draw a player response. Just idle thoughts on her part; she's never met a half-sexed elf quite so muscular as Anni before. There's not going to be any buffRyn TFing in-game because she already has too much variability - and besides, she's quite happy with being thiccRyn.

Feel free to imagine her getting buff after the events of the game if that's what you're into, though!

Reactions: Shion and Sacremas

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
Mmm? Oh, it's not something that's supposed to draw a player response. Just idle thoughts on her part; she's never met a half-sexed elf quite so muscular as Anni before. There's not going to be any buffRyn TFing in-game because she already has too much variability - and besides, she's quite happy with being thiccRyn.

Feel free to imagine her getting buff after the events of the game if that's what you're into, though!
Ah well that's a shame. Could make a cool dream sequence. But I'm guessing there's a dozen of those just waiting to be added by the developers at this point. (i think my favorite was the ghost and goblins reference)

loricd

Apr 8, 2019
Speaking of Ryn....

Do you usually keep the crown during that new Rynquest, or do you give it to Ryn herself? I played a paladin-like character so I felt it was more unselfish of me to give that crown to her instead of keep it myself.

But what do most of you do? Do you keep it or give it to Etheryn?

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Good memory! This is correct. "Even if I wanted to" - which means she doesn't want to. I think that a lot of people, when reading that line, kind of elide it.

Not so good, I never remembered where this moment came from.
At first it seemed to me that the topik starter did not notice these words in a conversation with Ryn about alchemy. Heck, I even took a screenshot and was about to post it! But before that, I decided to re-read Ryn's statement and realized that in this dialogue there are NO her words about her unwillingness to change sex.

This conversation is part of the Evergreen conversation series, too, so not everybody sees it.

I completely forgot about these dialogues! Thanks for the reminder.

At first it seemed to me that this was one of the dialogues in the Winter City, and only when I did not find this dialogue there, I decided that it was a dialogue (about alchemy) at the beginning of my acquaintance with Ryn.

By the way, for some time it didn’t even occur to me that at that moment it was completely optional to have Ryn in the party. It wasn't until much later that I started deliberately taking Ryn with me to meet Lady Evergreen...

Reactions: Alypia

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
Speaking of Ryn....

Do you usually keep the crown during that new Rynquest, or do you give it to Ryn herself? I played a paladin-like character so I felt it was more unselfish of me to give that crown to her instead of keep it myself.

But what do most of you do? Do you keep it or give it to Etheryn?
Hmm, the crown's kind of a tough one for me. From a gameplay perspective, it was perfect for my character build. And the quest did say Ryn would be getting a Buff if you give it too her. But I gave it too her and her stats seemed to remain the same. Normally there's a dialogue box that explains what change's on the character sheet's, but nothing's there. I even tried reloading a save to see what changed, but nothing looked different from a stat perspective.

From a story point, I Definitely want her to have it. It just feels too thematic to crown your queen after all this time yourself, even if she tells you she has one back home.

So yeah, I gave it too her in the end. A bit of a loss for my character, but my big hat will still do just fine. Even after the nerf.

Reactions: loricd

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I would have given it to Ryn if she actually got Dawnbreak on her Queenly Raiment set because of it but nope. It's also fantastic gear if you're a caster, it gives 10 Spellpower, which is only two less than the Titanic Hat's 12, along with other stats like focus and mental resist. Dawnbreak is also fantastic. And to cap it all off, it's nice to have Ryn want us to have it as her consort, like an early wedding ring. Honestly not sure why they didn't give her Dawnbreak if you give her the crown, Spirit Veil is a really boring power.

Reactions: valkyr42 and loricd

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
I would have given it to Ryn if she actually got Dawnbreak on her Queenly Raiment set because of it but nope. It's also fantastic gear if you're a caster, it gives 10 Spellpower, which is only two less than the Titanic Hat's 12, along with other stats like focus and mental resist. Dawnbreak is also fantastic. And to cap it all off, it's nice to have Ryn want us to have it as her consort, like an early wedding ring. Honestly not sure why they didn't give her Dawnbreak if you give her the crown, Spirit Veil is a really boring power.
I feel like Spirit Veil would be better as a Party Wide buff. Similar to Mirror Image in Cait's Alt Witch set.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I like Ryn's overall character development, it makes the journey from shrinking wallflower to confident administrator way more believable.

How in the world did you get the idea that Ryn's transgender though? The definition of transgender is that you're uncomfortable with your birth gender and want to change it, which doesn't apply to Ryn. This isn't a side trait or a minor detail, it's the core meaning of the word.

You might as well argue that someone who regularly eats meat can still qualify as vegetarian.

Reactions: Emerald

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I like Ryn's overall character development, it makes the journey from shrinking wallflower to confident administrator way more believable.

How in the world did you get the idea that Ryn's transgender though? The definition of transgender is that you're uncomfortable with your birth gender and want to change it, which doesn't apply to Ryn. This isn't a side trait or a minor detail, it's the core meaning of the word.

You might as well argue that someone who regularly eats meat can still qualify as vegetarian.
please review what non-dysphoric nonbinary persons are and get back to me

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
In they're defense, I do understand where the criticism comes from, and I did fall into the trap of using it due to my lack of having a better term to refer to at the time. Transgender is one of those words that overtime has developed multiple definition's behind it over the year's. But he is right in pointing out what it's original meaning was meant to interpret. The same problem that occurred with everyone referring to anything other than straight back in the day as just being Gay.

Over time we've gotten better at creating definition's to more easily describe a person's identity. Gender-fluid, Asexual, Bi-sexual, etc...

And it was pointed out that the Boreal Elves have the definition of Half-sexed, referring to male's with more feminine features that can choose who they refer to themselves as. So there is an in game definition, even if it is a little vague on some of the details.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
How about you look up what transgender means and stop obscuring the meaning of perfectly clear words.

If you are not moving from where you started i.e. from what you were born as, you are not transitioning anywhere, therefore you are not transgender. Stop acting like a Tumblr stereotype because your projection gives me a serious case of second hand embarassment.

De3ta

Feb 17, 2022
How about you look up what transgender means and stop obscuring the meaning of perfectly clear words.

If you are not moving from where you started i.e. from what you were born as, you are not transitioning anywhere, therefore you are not transgender. Stop acting like a Tumblr stereotype because your projection gives me a serious case of second hand embarassment.
you don't need gender dysphoria to be trans. You may experiance it after realizing you're trans because of all the fuckers, but it's not a hard requirement. get over it lol.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
you don't need gender dysphoria to be trans.
You literally do. You might as well argue that you don't need to avoid eating meat to be vegan. Your (and OP's) desire to pretend that the definition of words and even entire medical issues shift at your convenience, just because you'd like it if reality was like that, is an extremely narcissistic way of viewing... anything, really.

If someone's need for outside validation is so incredibly strong that it requires projecting it on anything and everything (including fictional characters of all things) then that requires seeing a therapist because it's not healthy to be this fragile with your self-image. It's like you read a pamplet on post-modern theory and then applied it to a dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.