So about builds...

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
So yeah.

I FINALLY got around to get into CoC II. I was definitely a fan of the first game. And this one looks even better! Tough I am to be honest slightly conflicted. It also seems to be much more in depth mechanicswise. Or at least that is how it feels....

so my question for now is how to go about making characters. I am currently having like two ideas in my head. One is a sort of paladin. A tanky warrior, also capable of using healing magic. Second would be a sort of nightblade, mixing physical damage with some offensive or maybe buff spells....

Any idea on how to start with this? Are these hybrid characters even viable? Was planning on using a wyld elve for both... Main reason being they are the cutest. ^^ Feels like Wyld Elve, thief/ slum rat or blackmage/hunter might be the best? At least for nightblade... For paladin maybe I should do Warrior/Soldier or White mage/Soldier? How does this sound? Also how should I go about stats from there on? Which are more.. neglectible and which are more important than others? Or should I just distribute evenly between all the stats?

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
With the paladin depends whether you want to mainly tank and support or actually do damage. If you just want to support/tank then white mage or warrior and putting points in toughness presence willpower is perfectly viable And you could still actually do decent damage with offensive spells if you wanted. If you want to mainly damage but also heal that is a bit more of a problem because you kinda need agility or you will miss 9 times out of 10 with your attacks and unless you want your at will to be a magic boost for your melee weapon you need strength too that leaves you with one stat you can focus on so probably willpower if you want to have a strong heal. Benefits of toughness instead of willpower are obvious and presence would make your companions slightly better. Cunning mainly increases your crit so you could pretty much ignore it on those builds.

As for what the stats do Strength raises attack power so your weapons and most physical abilities hit harder Toughness suprisingly raises your hp Agility improves your initiative and accuracy for all attacks including teasing and spells although as far as I know friendly target spells like heals can't miss. Cunning raises crit chance Willpower increases spellpower so stronger spells and Presence slightly improves the stats of your companions and if you have a summon it's stats are dependent on it.

Last edited:

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
Another thing to consider with the paladin if you wanted to support and tank is that to be effective as a tank you kinda need a stance for it as your at-will which prevents you from taking heal. You could still tank without it but holding and/or generating threat would be a pain. A "good" support/tank could be Warrior with guarded/duelist's or mirror stance as an at-will power and group heal as your first recharge power. Song of storms is good for boosting damage and is available from level one so that would be a decent choice for your second recharge slot. Hard to tell which encounter power would be best early-game but at level 4 you can learn Smite Evil and that is 1: thematic 2: let's you do some damage since it has a bonus to hit that would compensate for not having agility and 3: It lets you recover at least some resolve and that can be pretty important in some fights.

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
As for the nightblade either a rogue or a black mage would be a decent choice and depending on whether you want to focus more on magic or stabbing people level agility cunning and either strength or willpower. Also pray to whatever god you believe in that a boss doesn't crit you xD. Still it's a perfectly viable build.

Anyway hope at least some of this helped you or gave you some ideas.

ISOÆTE

Sep 12, 2020
Powers are not class restricted in this game.
Hell, class is not class restricted.
You can learn new powers and change your class and stats for negligible amounts of money. Just go do it and if it doesn't work out change it.
The only thing I advise against is mixing health and resolve damage.