Silly mode

George

May 3, 2016
Just wondering what everyones thoughts on silly mode are. I haven't checked it out at all, but i've been itching to see some new content and want to know if you all think its worth it to play through. Basically is there a lot of extra stuff in silly mode?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Not really. Silly mode is mostly dumb jokes and intentional goofs.

The only real "extra content" is being able to bump into holiday characters like Canada and Riley year-round, or see the roleplaying Crystal Goos on Myrellion.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
As a rule not much 'real' content shows up in silly mode because nobody wants to write for an audience of like, 5 people, when they can write for 5,000+.

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
Make it 6.
I always play with Silly turned on.

I really wish there was more content that showed up, the occasional weird item in a vendor's stock, a strange drop from a hostile, or an additional dialogue choice here and there...

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Silly mode also skips one of the New Texas stocks scenes. You miss a few paragraphs of smut which is unfortunate. But that's the price of comedy I guess.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I haven't played a game of CoC or TiTs without silly mode in years, it's just a must have in my opinion since it adds a bunch of goofy things to the game.

Like what happens when you find Bess body, but decide to leave it there, hilarious scene.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I haven't played a game of CoC or TiTs without silly mode in years, it's just a must have in my opinion since it adds a bunch of goofy things to the game.

Like what happens when you find Bess body, but decide to leave it there, hilarious scene.

God I remember when Fen posted that notification on the blog about Gedan going nutzo and writing that scene in because of Bess/Ben. Reading that scene made me laugh so hard my sides hurt.