Shooting Range

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
I realize that you can improve aim by going to the gym but it never made much sense to me. Swim and get better with a rifle? Uh, ok.

Anyways, this would be a simple affair. Shooting range costs say 200c or so and you get 1 point of aim. No tone or thickness change. The best place I can think of for this is Tavros.

I'm terrible at writing smut so I'd keep the npc as a non sexual encounter unless someone else wanted to write the smut. Which I am more than ok with, I'm just bad at it.

Is this something useful or is it redundant?

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
If this is a thing that you're legit gonna do I suggest keep the aim gains to SSGs (Slow stat gains), or else you'll possibly get the nerf bat on it.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
So long as you plan to write it, you can write it with as little or as much smut as you want. If you do make a fully working firing range, you may find people willing to make/put their own NPCs into it, to help flesh it out for you. Or even write sex scenes for the character you created, if they are a likeable enough character.
You will probably want to increase the cost by a bit more, and make the stat gain a lot lower than a for sure +1 per visit.
Remember the purpose of this section of the forums though: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/what-the-idea-subforum-is-for.4983/

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
If this is a thing that you're legit gonna do I suggest keep the aim gains to SSGs (Slow stat gains), or else you'll possibly get the nerf bat on it.

Good point, slow stat gain would make more sense anyway.

And yes, I do intend on doing this. Might take a while to get the npc ready (even if it's limited interaction) but I think this is within my abilities. At least a decent attempt at it.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
So long as you plan to write it, you can write it with as little or as much smut as you want. If you do make a fully working/fleshed out firing range, you may find people willing to make/put their own NPCs into it, to help flesh it out for you. Or even write sex scenes for the character you created, if they are a likeable enough character.
You will probably want to increase the cost by a bit more, and make the stat gain a lot lower than a for sure +1 per visit.
Remember the purpose of this section of the forums though: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/what-the-idea-subforum-is-for.4983/
I was thinking a one tile thing to avoid unnecessary complications. Just shove it off to the side on the merchant deck.

Basic thing is you go in, pay money and get better aim or leave. Not much more to it. Maybe make a talk option for the business and whatnot. No need to have a new gym or anything.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
If there was a hot hoplophile girl you could bonk at the range I'd very much love this idea. Anno's shooting range content is the main reason she's my favorite Puppersloot.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
If there was a hot hoplophile girl you could bonk at the range I'd very much love this idea. Anno's shooting range content is the main reason she's my favorite Puppersloot.

If someone has a good npc that they'd like to do add to it, I'm fine with it. As stated above, I'm just very bad at writing smut, so none of that content would make the cut for me. I'm just being honest with my abilities here. :)

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
I think a decent way to avoid redundancy with the slow stat gains of the Ten Ton Gym would be to make it a weapon shop as well that can sell higher quality and more powerful guns the higher level the PC is! Could even sell some non conventional guns and accessories too!

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
I think a decent way to avoid redundancy with the slow stat gains of the Ten Ton Gym would be to make it a weapon shop as well that can sell higher quality and more powerful guns the higher level the PC is! Could even sell some non conventional guns and accessories too!
Hmm...

I'm looking for simple so I think that would be doable if I used existing weapons only. Making a special weapon is a whole separate thing that might happen after but I wanna add the shooting range itself first.

But good idea, thank you.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
RamnaChan tried making such a weapons shop, but it was shot down because Fen didn't want any more companies in TiTS. A gun range owned by an existing company would have a much higher chance of being approved.

Reactions: ShySquare and Keto

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
Reaper Armaments seems particularly suited for this so it makes sense to use an existing company. Especially since they don't have a shop on Tavros right now. Though, I'll have to be careful not to put anything from a competitor in there if I go that route.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Sounds like a much more realistic way of improving Aim skill. And you already go to the shooting range once with Anno, so... Yeah, pretty good idea, OP.

Reactions: ShySquare

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It could also just be an independent gun range that sells guns that already exist. You know, like how it is in real life.
That would count as another company though, just a retailer instead of a source company.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
If its independently owned, the best way to work around Fen's preferences is for the shooting range to have a significant relationship with an existing megacorp, even if its officially independent. An example is for the gun range has a contract to exclusivly sell Reaper branded guns in exchange for _____.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
That would count as another company though, just a retailer instead of a source company.
So then that'd mean no new NPC shops at all then, unless they were a subsidiary of a big company? No more NPCs that run their own little TF shops and the like?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I certainly hope not. FF, Navy Surplus would both be off the table then. I think what FenLord wants is no more major corperations. We already have enough that he wants developed.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I certainly hope not. FF, Navy Surplus would both be off the table then. I think what FenLord wants is no more major corperations. We already have enough that he wants developed.
I actually coded Navy Surplus independently for practice and Fen said he wasn't interested at the moment- although I think this is because it added a lot of new weapons that would need to be balanced, not just because it was a shop. It's also unfinished, so that probly played a role.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I actually coded Navy Surplus independently for practice and Fen said he wasn't interested at the moment- although I think this is because it added a lot of new weapons that would need to be balanced, not just because it was a shop. It's also unfinished, so that probly played a role.
So Pippa follower gets in and Navy Surplus does not. I'm beyond words.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Don't worry about the balancing of it, beyond initial suggestions. That's just a number that can be changed, after all. Hash out the content and make it Cool And Interesting and you'll be good.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
Don't worry about the balancing of it, beyond initial suggestions. That's just a number that can be changed, after all. Hash out the content and make it Cool And Interesting and you'll be good.

Thanks. I've got an outline for it now, just gotta fill out the actual content. Glad I asked though, since I got some pretty decent feedback.

Reactions: Franks