Shizuya quest... take icanteven

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Before I even start this rant, I will say that my problem is not with the fact that you can't fight during this quest, I have problems with that but I can overlook them. Now onto the rant.
If you want it sumarized read my signature.

The wish to rant about this quest was the original reason to make an account here, but I held it off until I mulled it over some more.

Let us begin.

They first set up a distress call to lure in this one guy and fail to take into consideration that it might actually reach someone else who might think they are doing a good deed and helping out a fellow space farer. And so my captain has found themselves in reach of the distress call and has decided, based on previous experiences with saving Kiro, Saendra, and the Ice Queen, to help out. Only to be attacked and almost killed along with their whole crew because someone didn't think to confirm their identity.
Said captain is then almost tortured by the lunatics but luckily by some stroke of deus ex machina Winston recognizes the captain and all is well.
But then you are subjected to a rape attempt by the vanae?, I don't remember. Then you are forced to socialize with the group and learn their backstory while Anno repeatedly insinuates that you would be more than willing to ride Shizuya's dick, and the captain isn't given an option to rebut any of that.
STOP MAKING DECISIONS ABOUT MY CHARACTER! OR AT LEAST MAKE IT GO BOTH WAYS, EH? I KNOW YOU'RE NOT, BUT AT LEAST SEE HOW FUCKING UNCOMFORTABLE IT FUCKIN IS TO BE FORCED INTO SOMETHING AGAINST YOUR FUCKING WILL!
Then you are subject to rape again, this time in the form or a vibrator inside an orifice in a public setting and are ridiculed if you dare show some backbone and say no. Another round of insinuations by Anno, and we are finally free to leave the presence of the loonies.
This quest has really soured my look on Anno, I know she's always been libidinous but she should understand that my Steele is not so happy go fucky.

Now let's take a look at the dark universe next door where things went horribly wrong.
Steele dies and:
-cousin inherits Steele Tech or gets killed on the hunt for probes, or is forced to forfeit the ownership to a third party on the pain of death or great torture
-Steele's lovers grieve for the death of their loved one who has possibly helped them through great hardships and then got killed on accident, or the death is covered up and they feel abandoned and betrayed
-the remainder of the crew is possibly left without a safety net, die during the attack and or are possibly gotten rid off if the loonies choose to cover up the story, and more people who've lived peaceful lives are wracked with pain at the losses of loved ones
-possible children of Steele are left without a parent, possibly only parent depending on if the other one was a random encounter

I feel like I've gotten my point across. At least I got some of it off my chest, the weight is still there.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I know I'm far from the first but I had to post it for my own sake. First time I'm as open as this about an issue I am having. I feel strangely light.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
or even a way to toggle it off. I don't do anno things for that reason.

You have to ignore the sos quite a few times.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
I've cooled off a bit.
It's been two years since the quest was implemented and after many pages of complaints absolutely nothing has been done about it and all hopes have been effectively squashed and the full weight is back on.
I'll go back to save scumming my way across the galaxy to avoid having to ignore the call for help.

Edit: how do i close a thread? At this point it's just another tree in a wildfire

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The intro is being rewritten. The notes say it's mostly to shorten some of the longer portions, but still.

On the plus side, you can beat up Shizuya afterward for the Custom Shock Gear.

I'll go back to save scumming my way across the galaxy to avoid having to ignore the call for help.
It has a unique intro: If the 'distress call' mentions a nebula, you're dealing with Shizuya. Just don't answer those.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
how do i close a thread? At this point it's just another tree in a wildfire
Your thread seems fine to me so far. Just you ranting and throwing out your woes about content that frustrates you.

As for locking threads you'd probably have to ask a mod for that, but like I said, the thread seems fine, it's not like you're actively trying to throw gas into a fire... or necroing threads a year old. :X

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
It has a unique intro: If the 'distress call' mentions a nebula, you're dealing with Shizuya. Just don't answer those.
I know, but if I do that 5 times she gets removed from the game, and despite what I said I still hope it gets fixed and I wouldn't want to miss out for early gripes. Also it's an in character thing, they don't dismiss calls for help.

Reactions: Colourless

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
Assuming that the month was correct, this was the blog post Theron referred to. Paradox got it covered
This quest has really soured my look on Anno, I know she's always been libidinous but she should understand that my Steele is not so happy go fucky.
Do note that the scenes were written by QuestyRobo and not Savin. If your disposition towards Anno had only soured at this point, perhaps it is due to a different writer's interpretation of the character.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
is it fair for me to say that is you had a choice in what happens. like a fight or just to say FUCK OFF to her, it would be better. instead of you just sitting there like a rubber duck in an empty bath.
we are talking about the same steele. the one that can fuck a dragon, saved a planet, somewhat stopped a war. and can talk most girls into getting cock with a eyebrow wink. oh and the power of player plot Armor. it just fells like click fodder. where you are just held hostage. by a cat chick that is to dumb to think first. and lest be honest. I sure if that ship happened.
I'm speaking for my self here, but if the evet played out when they board you ship, they would be getting bullets in there head`s.
i don't know how many of you agree with this but. if you had some power over what happens. even in parts where you are helpless aside from bad ends you have more say in what happens. or just avoid her at all costs. I'm like yay you a 11 foot tall cat chick with 2 cocks. you are also a fucking twat. the pc is made to look like a dumb ass. if it was not for the husker dude in it you are dead coz you cant pull out your gun? I'm not one to hit on writing. but it fells like it only works for you if you a bimbo pc where acting is second to fucking. in a case of putting words into your mouth is ok but actions if different, especially in the context on this event. i know you cant have all shit happen but for example ok.
lets say you have the sidewinder and this happens Olympia is killing them all end of. if you are on Krio ship she is killing them. if you are on your ship you are killing then or at lest knocking them out. and even Anno is off i know she is a fuck puppy and all but even if she knew Shiz before almost getting killed should not be solved in a OMG i know you.
i don't think i have ranted like this before on here. but she is my lest favourite npc all them all I hate a lot of npc in tits. your rival coz he/she is a dick, Riya coz human elitism is something I hate even out side of sci-fi shit, nastizia coz i don't like the minigame thing / play hard to get. all come to the top of my head. but Shiz takes the cake.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
is it fair for me to say that is you had a choice in what happens. like a fight or just to say FUCK OFF to her, it would be better. instead of you just sitting there like a rubber duck in an empty bath.
we are talking about the same steele. the one that can fuck a dragon, saved a planet, somewhat stopped a war. and can talk most girls into getting cock with a eyebrow wink. oh and the power of player plot Armor. it just fells like click fodder. where you are just held hostage. by a cat chick that is to dumb to think first. and lest be honest. I sure if that ship happened.
I'm speaking for my self here, but if the evet played out when they board you ship, they would be getting bullets in there head`s.
i don't know how many of you agree with this but. if you had some power over what happens. even in parts where you are helpless aside from bad ends you have more say in what happens. or just avoid her at all costs. I'm like yay you a 11 foot tall cat chick with 2 cocks. you are also a fucking twat. the pc is made to look like a dumb ass. if it was not for the husker dude in it you are dead coz you cant pull out your gun? I'm not one to hit on writing. but it fells like it only works for you if you a bimbo pc where acting is second to fucking. in a case of putting words into your mouth is ok but actions if different, especially in the context on this event. i know you cant have all shit happen but for example ok.
lets say you have the sidewinder and this happens Olympia is killing them all end of. if you are on Krio ship she is killing them. if you are on your ship you are killing then or at lest knocking them out. and even Anno is off i know she is a fuck puppy and all but even if she knew Shiz before almost getting killed should not be solved in a OMG i know you.
i don't think i have ranted like this before on here. but she is my lest favourite npc all them all I hate a lot of npc in tits. your rival coz he/she is a dick, Riya coz human elitism is something I hate even out side of sci-fi shit, nastizia coz i don't like the minigame thing / play hard to get. all come to the top of my head. but Shiz takes the cake.

The first sentence of my post was about how my problem is not about how you can't fight them, they are basically a small army so any attempt to fight would not end well for you, especially with your ship out of comission.
The problem is how the game makes is so my character is able to look past the fact that they might've lost someone on their crew or even what would happen to their loved ones if Steele themself died, and make fast friends with their almost killers. That and the attempted rape by Mika on two separate occasions and a very narrowly avoided date rape by Shizuya with her pheromones.

Main point is this: After such a near death encounter my Steele doesn't want to be anywhere away from the crew they have formed a close and intimate bond with and almost lost forever.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Assuming that the month was correct, this was the blog post Theron referred to. Paradox got it covered

Do note that the scenes were written by QuestyRobo and not Savin. If your disposition towards Anno had only soured at this point, perhaps it is due to a different writer's interpretation of the character.

I know that she's Savin's character but the fact that this is an official event makes it canon.
Also Savin probably had a say in Anno's portrayal here.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
The first sentence of my post was about how my problem is not about how you can't fight them, they are basically a small army so any attempt to fight would not end well for you, especially with your ship out of comission.
The problem is how the game makes is so my character is able to look past the fact that they might've lost someone on their crew or even what would happen to their loved ones if Steele themself died, and make fast friends with their almost killers. That and the attempted rape by Mika on two separate occasions and a very narrowly avoided date rape by Shizuya with her pheromones.

Main point is this: After such a near death encounter my Steele doesn't want to be anywhere away from the crew they have formed a close and intimate bond with and almost lost forever.
If I had it all to do over again I'd almost skip past the parts where I almost died during combat deployments, but damn if I don't have a lasting, close bond with the people I almost bought the farm with. I will treasure my friendships all the more for what we went through together, and, oddly enough, so will I treasure the events that forged those friendships.

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
I know that she's Savin's character but the fact that this is an official event makes it canon.
Also Savin probably had a say in Anno's portrayal here.
Understandable, I just wouldn't throw Anno baby out with the bathwater (but that's my modus operandi, to each their own).

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Being even more libidinous than usual because of Shizuya's pheromones and speaking on behalf the captain without any agency from them.

No problem with the slutpuppy, just the execution of the quest.
As well as a general nitpickiness while being freshly upset with the quest.

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
The answer to that question is easy: the one ausar punk that wasn't as suave as he thought he was (repeatable bar event). He got a free drink though. It was all over his face, but beggars shouldn't be choosers.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
It's been two years since the quest was implemented and after many pages of complaints absolutely nothing has been done about it
i wouldn't hope for any change. theres an entire thread for gripes like this and i dont think any comments there have actually changed much. Best way around TITS is to learn how to avoid these things as much as possible or pretend they dont happen lol

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Tossing in my two cents, my Steele is generally nice if you're nice to them and their crew, but also more than willing and able to curb stomp people when given an excuse. Shizuya and her crew are a walking, talking excuse. I'd personally like the option to blow up their ship either immediately after the "distress call" ("Anno, time to say goodbye to your old friend"), or even just do it unprovoked beforehand. They're pretty much the only characters in the game that I would rather kill than simply get what I want and avoid forever.