Ship stat comparisons

Dancer

Sep 11, 2015
I finally decided to look into the new ship system today, and in doing so I noticed that the wiki already has default stats for all of the ships. I made a little spreadsheet table for my own sake, and then figured I might as well share it here:

b8U6HYI.png

It seems like the Sidewinder is the most compelling option if you're that far into the game. The Sledgehammer does beat it on agility + weapon capacity, and the Clydesdale beats it on module/crew capacity + storage space.

I haven't done anything with the ship parts yet, so maybe those extra weapon or module capacities outweigh the raw stats advantage pretty substantially, but given that the Sidewinder is also free and comes with a crew member, it seems hard to beat.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As I see it, the biggest downsides to the Sidewinder are the facts that it has no weapons by default (mitigated by the fact it means you get total freedom to choose your loadout), and it's one fixed module is Heavy Armor to increase Armor Defense. As far as I'm concerned, if you're taking Armor damage, something has gone wrong. It's why I currently favor the MS-XI, it has a Missile Turret and a Shield Booster for an effective +4000 Shields. That may change as more difficult encounters are added.

The Clydesdale has such low default stats that it takes much of it's Module capacity to make it even somewhat competitive. I'm not sure Agility even does anything aside from factor into Evasion, which the Sidewinder has a ridiculous amount of.

PS: 'Ruskvel' should be 'Raskvel'. Ruskvel is the food. Dockmaster would probably be better.

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
As I see it, the biggest downsides to the Sidewinder are the facts that it has no weapons by default (mitigated by the fact it means you get total freedom to choose your loadout), and it's one fixed module is Heavy Armor to increase Armor Defense. As far as I'm concerned, if you're taking Armor damage, something has gone wrong. It's why I currently favor the MS-XI, it has a Missile Turret and a Shield Booster for an effective +4000 Shields. That may change as more difficult encounters are added.

The Clydesdale has such low default stats that it takes much of it's Module capacity to make it even somewhat competitive. I'm not sure Agility even does anything aside from factor into Evasion, which the Sidewinder has a ridiculous amount of.

PS: 'Ruskvel' should be 'Raskvel'. Ruskvel is the food. Dockmaster would probably be better.
As far as i am aware that is the only thing agility and thrust do

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
I am currently doing some experiments with the Moondast Gruss. I am wondering with the right upgrades if it is actually a diamond in the ruff despite its stats. Since it has no shields that mitigates enemies with gadgets that would drain shields as well as making more energy weapon based gun ships less of a threat. The problem is if you don't have shields it means you are taking damage especially against more kinetic based gun ships. I want to design it with one gun and one crew, I am currently testing it with heavy armor, thrusting vector, and a missile turret and Shekka as a crew mate for passive repairs. Later I will try other things, maybe even make it into a one man gun boat if I feel I am onto something.