Ship related content?

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Hi hi.. (and I will admit playing FTL put this in my head) I've seen stuff mentioned around in threads but its always a snip here or a 'maybe' there... will the ship be being fleshed out more? I mean its pretty central to the game. Its your family camper van of sorts. Would be neat if it had a map to navigate and talk to crew members, duty assignments maybe etc. I think it was mentioned you will be able to integrate Han-so into it somehow. Just curious if thats in the pipes or anytime soon. :3

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Through last two months ship combat was mentioned as a thing the devs actively working on mapping out. No details past vague things like 'some crew members will provide buffs' or 'there will be ship to ship combat and sometimes some boarding action', and no ETA, as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chase

May 13, 2016
Now that you mention it, it does describe the ship as being somewhat cramped. I am up to 6 crew now (thought you may be able to discount bess and the goo gal). It is probably pretty close to it's limit.

I think I vaguely recall something about possible ship upgrades at one point, but maybe I am just projecting my hopes. I wouldn't mind trading up to a better ship (maybe there is a super fan somewhere that really wants the Z14 that Victor piloted so long ago, and is willing to pay through the nose to get it).

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Now that you mention it, it does describe the ship as being somewhat cramped. I am up to 6 crew now (thought you may be able to discount bess and the goo gal). It is probably pretty close to it's limit.

That's actually way over the capacity our starter junker is supposed to have when the cap will get implemented - Savin talked about three being the crew limit for that ship.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You can have a badass nerd puppyslut, two goo bimbos, a cook, a braindead alian pet, a cowgirl whore/slave,a silicon based houndish lifeform and a tauric droid and the RV sized ship isn't cramped in the slightest

Let FenCo do their thing.  Ship is almost certainly gona be the next big project after the child care thing is done. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Ship stuff is what I want most right now, because it's required for So.

Please make a deal out of this so it can get (a tiny bit) more priority.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Ship stuff isn't going to get worked on until pregnancy is getting underway, so expect it maybe around 2018.

That is, assuming they don't just give us the bare minimum needed to satisfy the literal wording of the pledge, because Fenoxo a slut who can't into making realistic promises.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Pregnancy is worked on mostly by Geddy atm I think so Fen and Savin could work slowly on planning Ship mechanics. So not so unoptimistic of been round 2018 for ship combat. Also I think not some but each crew member is suppose to give some buff to ship in combat. Matter if some of current 'crew members' will be included here. Inteligent suti or cook pet may not be much of been suitable to getting bonuses for having them onboard. I think around end of the year we may hear something more about ship cobats and etc. from devs (unless pregnancy stuff will take longer than this).

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
2018 may be an overestimate for ship content, I think mid-late next year is plausible if it gets focus right after the nursery and uses most of what was prototyped in The Silence.  The game moves at a seemingly glacial pace sometimes, but it's not that glacial.

vanyel

Aug 27, 2015
I wouldn't mind trading up to a better ship (maybe there is a super fan somewhere that really wants the Z14 that Victor piloted so long ago, and is willing to pay through the nose to get it).

Our current ship is the Z14. Victor had it pulled from storage and slightly fixed up for us.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Most likely Yammi's pet Pexiga. After giving birth they become braindead. She has it on the ship for it's sugary saliva.

An expansion is written to give it bimbo intellgence, if you reckon that's an improvement.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Jokes on you, the Nursery's finished. Fen forgot to put it in the changelog, though :p

On top of that, the resident floor's elevator tile has no mentions of Nursery, and when you get to Nursery's 1st floor, only the elevator that goes between Nursery floors is marked on the mini-map. I have managed to get lost when I fired up the newest public build while being extremely sleepy.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Okay, wow, that's much better than I expected.

Not gonna change my 2018 prediction though.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Jokes on you, the Nursery's finished. Fen forgot to put it in the changelog, though :p

"Finished"

aka

"Raised a half dozen other issues to breaking point that we've been putting off fixing for months, that now I have to sort"

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

Doesn't it imply (and Geddy remark it does made tons tons of pun...damag...err errors) that now wokr on doing space combat can also enter coding phase (even if it's really slow moving ahead one?)

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Wait what?

It's a joke. I gave the bothrioc to Armageddyn because it was such a substantial project I didn't feel comfortable asking Jacques to do it. Problem then is, waiting for a window to come up in her constantly expanding schedule.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Solution: Hire Codecat. At least for the moment, writing output far exceeds coding.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
It's a joke. I gave the bothrioc to Armageddyn because it was such a substantial project I didn't feel comfortable asking Jacques to do it. Problem then is, waiting for a window to come up in her constantly expanding schedule.

I see. Too bad for geddy, having such a busy schedule, and the people awaiting the bothrioc.

I just heard about them quite recently, but they seem pretty intersting. Definitely something worth waiting for.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
There are a few mpreg options, most notably the Queen of the Deep's spawn.  

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Queen of the Deep's is I think more about her laying eggs in PC so...not sure if it can be so simply called mpreg. But few similar options to this with having eggs layed by some npc in PC could lead to having children sent to nursery.

Aslo for been male I think Briha cant children should be sent to nurery too. Only that each of them takes long time to have (90-120 ingame days).