Ship Modules and Crew Capacity

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
tl;dr things learned: Massive DPS good, sustainable DPS good, sustainable massive DPS better
Similarly, for a new character with the default Casstech Z14 and low stats, I've found the optimal strategy is just keep firing. Don't try to Evade to regenerate Energy for the Laser Cannon, and definitely don't try to Recharge. The Machine Gun is Energy neutral, so you don't need to toggle off the Laser Cannon. Evading just prolongs the fight, leading to extra damage you didn't have to take. I've also found the determining factor of if I take Armor damage is when the Z7 uses it's Repair Module. If it gets used early, I defeat it quickly, if it's used when the Z7 is low on Armor, the fight is prolonged, leading to my Shields getting depleted.

Yes, but it is only 3 times more. In other words, several peoples can carry it all on themselves. It is quite enough for a personal pantry. But... is someone actually engaged in commercial transportation in space on such a scale?
Saendra is transporting Premium JoyCo Shields (although we don't know how many). Zaalt is transporting AI cores that fit in a briefcase. This system doesn't really model the kind of storage capacity a cargo hauler (especially for construction or the like) would actually need, just the kind a Gentleman/Lady Adventurer needs. Imagine there is a module to increase 'bulk storage', maybe. The Colt XLR has a capacity for 6, after all.

Reactions: Athena

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I'm hoping for a module that increases Max Power down the line. Capacitor Bank becomes less useful if you have to wait until you're out of or nearly out of power (which in many cases results in a loss of DPS as you can no longer fire all weapons at once).

Reactions: Athena

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
That would be great, almost perfect. I would also like to see the Common Quarters in the form of modules for 1 crew member.
Do you actually want to haul stuff, or is this an RP thing? When I said 'bulk storage' I meant large quantities of raw material or machinery that would be difficult for a single person to carry. There is currently no use for that kind of capacity, even though it should logically exist in universe.
Right now, Anno makes hauling loot to different merchants unnecessary, since she buys anything for 90%.

Reactions: valkyr42 and Athena

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Here's a save file right before entering Zheng Shi so you can test out what it feels like to take on 3 enemies at once in ship combat.

Attachments

• Vincent - 326 days-ZHENG-SHI-BATTLE.tits
    244.6 KB · Views: 5

Raskputin

Oct 21, 2018
Can anyone give me rundown on what the difference between armor and fortification is?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Fortification is bonus HP/Armor (Steele/Ship). Armor/Shield Defense reduce damage by a static amount after resistance/vulnerability is applied. Defense cannot reduce damage below 1.

Reactions: Raskputin

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
The more and more I use the Aegis the more and more I like it. It's probably the best purpose-built ship at the moment. Shield-tank, shield booster, fixed missile turret, it's basically a Caldari ship.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
looking at the code It looks like things like, engines, armor, shields, and power core might be swappable in the future. Whats in those slots now look like placeholders.

4ky

May 6, 2018
Disappointing, that the parameter "Thrust" at current moment completely unnecessary. Some ships initially have a great Thrust record, but nobody cares, everyone looks at Evasion (yes Thrust affects to Evasion, but not so good as Agility). Thrust looks like something, that allows one ship to catch up others, or break away from the pursuit without Light drive. I hope in the future there will be game moments, when the situation can be resolved differently depending on the parameters of the ship.

to Theron
Actually it both.

to null_blank
At the moment, even the battle of Zheng Shi looks like beating up babies. Even using well-modified Casstech Z14. In the future, the situation will obviously change radically.

Last edited: