Shield High

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
Hello!
I've recently returned after a year of absence to developing my game, Shield High. A few days ago I put out 0.682 for public release, which was the beginning of a bit of polish for my newest attempt, intended to make the game actually playable to new players, and so now I am feeling confident in spreading it around.

Shield High is a text-based game about an all girls school/university-thing*, with a system of organised public rape and sexual slavery. This system revolves around sexual combat, where girls compete to rip each others clothes off to a certain point, where one is declared the winner. The game is, at present, primarily about fighting other girls, however a more subtle approach of talking and fucking your way through things is planned for some, if not all, plotlines. Originally the game was focused heavily on player choice and consequences for decisions made, however the newer build is shifting towards more of a focus on freedom and replayability, with choice and consequences being a present but less important element.

EDIT: The primary fetishes included are lesbians(assuming that counts as a fetish), bondage, public humiliation, mistress/slave, spanking, tickling(kind of), some pet play, and most disgustingly of all, cute romance. I'll update this as new fetishes get added in.

If you're interested in checking it out, you can find both the current version, and all older versions on my blog here: http://puddinggames.blogspot.com.au/

Pudding Earl

*It's got an age range of 18-21 and sits in a kind of unique role so I'm not too sure how to term it while making the girls' ages explicit

Last edited:

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
The game seems to crash and freeze some but overall it's good. Keep up the good work!

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
Do you mind if I ask where you got the crashes and freezes? I'm aware of a number of them at the moment, but I always want to make sure that I'm catching as many as I possibly can in each update.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
There's another game around here called Nightgames that is exactly the same premise: text-oriented, school/university setting, fighting other girls and bringing them to orgasm, the winner is the one that has caused the most orgasms on others with extra points for each piece of cloth taken from their victims. The game has been around for a while now so it has a fair amount of content, a modded version, supernatural girls, replayability and challenging gameplay.

So now I have to ask... what do you have to offer that makes your game stand out?

Last edited:

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
There's another game around here called Nightgames that is exactly the same premise: text-oriented, school/university setting, fighting other girls and bringing them to orgasm, the winner is the one that has caused the most orgasms on others with extra points for each piece of cloth taken from their victims. The game has been around for a while now so it has a fair amount of content, a modded version, supernatural girls, replayability and challenging gameplay.

So now I have to ask... what do you have to offer that makes your game stand out?

I am vaguely familiar with Nightgames, a fan suggested it to me shortly after I got back into the swing of things to compare mechanics, and the conclusion I came to there was that while the two games run on similar themes, mechanically speaking they're vastly different games. i didn't have the patience to see the depth of content, so regrettably I can't compare it's content to my own, outside of saying with certainty that the current version has less. The pre-absence versions that run in RAGS however have more content than I can actually remember making, so it's vaguely possible that can match.

As for what makes my game stand out, at present, not an awful lot that I can point to. A lot of older fans commented on the writing as being a big draw for them, which is obviously hit and miss, and the incredibly limited number of game over states. Losing is almost never the end of the game, and even if you become a slave you play on, either settling into your new role pleasing your Mistress, or looking for a way to slip out of her control and regain your freedom. Unfortunately that content isn't yet added, but it is relatively high on the list of things to do.

Obviously I have much grander ambitions than that, but I don't feel comfortable just listing off all the features that will one day appear, maybe, if I get around to them, so I've tried to keep it to things that if not present in the new engine, you can at least find in the old RAGS version.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
I like the overall theme, but I don't play female protagonists. Anyway, I encourage ya to continue but you should add the fetish list in the first post so folks can get a good idea immediately whether or not they'd be interested. Seems very ambitious and I like where ya seem to be going with it, I likely won't personally play it but more variety in games are always a plus.

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion, I'd intended to do it when first writing it then got caught up in the summary and forgot what it was I needed to do after. Have now fixed.

Mad Maru

Nov 1, 2016
I'm always happy to see games with female protagonists. Also, I'm curious what fetishes will be added in the future. This sounds quite promising, after all!

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
It crashed as soon as I hit advanced start. Thankfully, the basic option seems to work well enough.

EDIT: Never mind. Can't seem to actually move or do anything- there are four buttons on screen: "Options", "Journal", "Character", and "Interact", but I can't do anything in the screens there either.

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
It crashed as soon as I hit advanced start. Thankfully, the basic option seems to work well enough.

EDIT: Never mind. Can't seem to actually move or do anything- there are four buttons on screen: "Options", "Journal", "Character", and "Interact", but I can't do anything in the screens there either.

My apologies regarding advanced start. It's a functionless button which I put in for the sole purpose of making sure people saw it so that I can't wiggle out of doing it later as I have a bad habit of doing so. As for the problem you're facing, the buttons on the far left of the screen should be functional to move you around the map. There should be one lit up at the game start.

I'm always happy to see games with female protagonists. Also, I'm curious what fetishes will be added in the future. This sounds quite promising, after all!

So far the only fetishes I can say with absolute certainty will be making an appearance in the future are blackmail, hypnosis and incest, the last of which I will vehemently deny in any other discussion about the game ever. Otherwise, I write whatever I feel like writing at the time, and so I usually meander into fetishes that seem a bit interesting for a few scenes before meandering off to whatever else catches my fancy later.

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
It froze after beating the first girl when you try to talk to someone. There was one other spot I will have to go through again to find it.

gmant

Feb 7, 2016
Holy shit I actually checked your blog again last month and decided to just give up on hoping for an update.

Glad to see you're back, did everything go well with that book you were publishing?

Pudding Earl

Jan 4, 2017
Last month should've had an update out, it's just easily lost among all the musings I do to keep up activity and let everyone know what's going into the next update.

As for book, if you mean the one WAY back in the good old days, that's sitting abandoned on my hard drive, though I might look at sending it around sooner or later. If you mean the more recent books, they're going nicely enough, not a lot of sales but I get some, which given the circumstances and my hatred of advertising isn't all that bad. I'm putting out the fourth one later tonight, as it were.