Sexiness and leadership

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Leadership gives comapanions a buff to attackpower and spellpower. But not to sexiness. Will this be changed?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Considering that it's worked that way for years, why would you expect it to change now?

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Considering that it's worked that way for years, why would you expect it to change now?
I think it's fair to expect plenty of changes considering the rebalance is still ongoing and it just changed a whole hell of a lot.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
I just feel like it should be uniform with attack and spellpower. Now that resolve is gone, these things should be easier to balance.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Leadership buffs damage output for companions, it's never buffed any accuracy-related stat (which is what Sexiness affects) and Tease damage already got a damage buff as part of the changes.

EDIT: Okay, I was wrong and Sexiness does function as a Tease damage boost despite not saying so in-game or on the wiki. That's fair. That said, Tease just got a damage boost as part of the rebalance so I'm not sure giving it another one is in the cards just yet.

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Leadership buffs damage output for companions, it's never buffed any accuracy-related stat (which is what Sexiness affects) and Tease damage already got a damage buff as part of the changes.
Sexiness only affects accuracy? I thought it was changed, that it also affects tease dmg directly. I mean, if I change from gear with no sexiness to gear with high sexiness, I get an increase in tease dmg. The scaling is even shown in the tooltip of the "tease" button. And temptation is the tease variant of armor piercing, right?

If both stats don't increase tease dmg, why does tease oriented gear or song of splendour increase it?

Edit: I expected incaccurate information. No big deal.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, at some point that happened but it doesn't say so anywhere that you'd immediately look and you'd have to find it in the patch notes. Hence the mea culpa.

Reactions: Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Though I would say that leadership should increase sexiness. I did some testing and here an example. On a full leader ship built with a total leadership of 78*, Bimbazzy deals as much dmg with her regular attack as song of splendour. I would like to add that her weapon and base attack power suck. Allure and normal teases are weak in comparison. Same for Dancer cait and Quintillius.

It's nothing new that song of splendour is broken AF. If SoS got proper scaling, then there would be no problem with leadership increasing sexiness. This would bring the tease action on par with regular attacks on leadership builds. And powers that depend on sexiness would be on par with spells and weapon powers.

Also spells that deal tease dmg are affected by leadership. Berwyn has one and I think Kyoko has one, too. What could get problematic are the former resolve heal powers. Quintillius can heal about 105 hp with his stance. So these powers might skyrocket, if unchecked. Then again, they could replace the heal spell. Running Quintillus as healer instead of Etheryn or Cait would offer more build variety.

*78 Leader ship: 10 Guld ring + 10 Helm of hereos + 20 Conqueros breastplate + 38 from 19 presence. If you min/max presence you get 81 leadership

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, at some point that happened but it doesn't say so anywhere that you'd immediately look and you'd have to find it in the patch notes. Hence the mea culpa.
Yeah, the big reason why I'm not pouring hours into changing the codex to accommodate every change I make is that it's been so out of date for so long that I'd rather just wait until I'm done with my David Byrne cosplay before I try to even approach sorting that out

Reactions: MyOldName

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
So, to be clear, right now Leadership is hitting Spellpower that thereby boosts Health heals and Shield generation when abilities base those things on Spellpower, but Leadership does nothing for Resolve heals when they're based on Sexiness.

I have to side with the consistent-Leadership camp here. Not only does it make sense, but letting Leadership hit Sexiness would make those heals stronger and give the Resolve fighters and supports far more viability. And I submit that it would make it more intuitive for design going forward.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Fwiw, the only heal that's ever scaled with Sexiness is Cait's Sun Dance. Nearly all heals scale with spellpower, with a few just not scaling (usually because I missed that in my attempts to find them, or because that's part of the intent like with the items)

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
Fwiw, the only heal that's ever scaled with Sexiness is Cait's Sun Dance.

lol, before I made that post I, in a hurry, checked powers to see that there was, indeed, Sexiness heals scaling and I found that exact power and decided that I'm usually too meticulous and I was fine to proceed without a complete investigation. So that's a thing I did.

Well, not for nothin', I shamelessly submit that there should be more powers that scale heals on Sexiness in order to make Sexiness more valuable. Spellpower is easily more desireable than Sexiness.

And this mistake has given me a cool idea for a new power: an ablative shield that one-time blocks a negative status effect by winning a contest between the aggressor's Spellpower and the user's Sexiness.