Sera Recruitment Issues

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I completed Sera's Disco 3000 quest with an Influence score of 250. I've since then sold her about a gazillion credits worth of stuff (usually Dove Balm for around 11k a pop, 15 or more at a time) and I still don't get any prompts that she's in debt. I've read the TiTS wiki, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
You probably confused the quest being a requirement to having her as a slave, which it isnt. You in fact dont even need to sex her at all actually to get enslave her.

Just sell her stuff, she will tell you eventually "Yea no, Im done buying stuff from you." Then go to the Moth People near Riya, and everything should be smooth sailing. (Disobedient Slave x Smooth Sailing, as well as can be in actuality.)

TheShepard256

Strictly speaking, she's only out of debt once you've spoken to her about the party at least five days after it ended, since that scene is what sets the flag that gets her out of debt. If you haven't had that conversation yet, it should still be possible to push her into debt enough that she can be bought.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Just so I understand: if you wait more than 5 days after completing her quest, there's no way to recruit Sera as a crew member? Well, crap. Sera's wiki page really needs cleaning up; it's kind of confusing and contradictory.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
@Paradox01 no if you DO THE QUEST AT ALL, you cannot recruit her. Sub Sera (Where you are the Master) is the only version of her that can be recruited.

Dom Sera CANNOT BE RECRUITED.

Doing the Quest locks out her being recruited, the wiki is not wrong.

The section "The Bitchening" is the recruitment section.

Of course the "Reversion" section is tells you how to retroactively undo it in a very precise manner. (So precise I think even the wiki got it wrong, and it actually may not even be real.) So I wouldnt even take it with a grain of salt and ignore it.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Well crap. I've been toying around with the save editor and figured maybe resetting the party quest to 0 (meaning it hasn't happened yet) would be the only way to recruit her. I've tried resetting a time stamp to within that week the Reversion mentions. I've sold her almost 100k credits worth of Dove Balm, to no avail.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Just reset Sera in general if you want to redo it.

Make it so youve never set foot in her shop. AND DONT DO THE QUEST IF YOU WANT TO RECRUIT HER.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. Thanks, guys.