Save questions

Delish

Sep 7, 2021
I was playing version 8 last year, and I just downloaded the latest Javascript version (9.007). Is it possible to import my old save files? Also, is there a working save editor for the newest version?

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
Is it possible to import my old save files?
In Legacy Version: 0.8.160 (The 'Legacy Version' that you can download on the 'Play' page) there is an 'Export' option in which it can convert your .tits save files into .json files (the new save file format for JS version).

Currently, people are getting some problems with their save files not loading but you can post them into 'The Bizzare Bazzar' thread and hopefully someone will help fix it.
Also, is there a working save editor for the newest version?
Yes. But it's a work-in-progress. (and more user-friendly than the console)

But if you want full control over things. I'd recommend using the console actually (accessed by pressing F12 when you're in the browser, so you need to load your save on the 'Play in window' version).
The console allows you to directly edit your character to what you want.

Want your first cock to be 12inch?
Type: pc.cocks[0].cLengthRaw = 12;

Want to have fur instead of skin?
Type: pc.skinType = GLOBAL.SKIN_TYPE_FUR;

I'm sure you can just ask the forum for more commands if you would like to change anything else.

Reactions: Delish

Delish

Sep 7, 2021
In Legacy Version: 0.8.160 (The 'Legacy Version' that you can download on the 'Play' page) there is an 'Export' option in which it can convert your .tits save files into .json files (the new save file format for JS version).

Currently, people are getting some problems with their save files not loading but you can post them into 'The Bizzare Bazzar' thread and hopefully someone will help fix it.

Yes. But it's a work-in-progress. (and more user-friendly than the console)

But if you want full control over things. I'd recommend using the console actually (accessed by pressing F12 when you're in the browser, so you need to load your save on the 'Play in window' version).
The console allows you to directly edit your character to what you want.

Want your first cock to be 12inch?
Type: pc.cocks[0].cLengthRaw = 12;

Want to have fur instead of skin?
Type: pc.skinType = GLOBAL.SKIN_TYPE_FUR;

I'm sure you can just ask the forum for more commands if you would like to change anything else.
Thanks. But there's no reference for the commands? You just have to ask for every single thing you want to do?

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
But there's no reference for the commands?
There's no reference (To my knowledge) for the commands. You kinda just have to figure it out or ask people. (Thankfully most things that I wanted to change was pretty simple and self-explanationary.)
You just have to ask for every single thing you want to do?
You don't need to ask for every thing you want to do, if you know what you want to change and how to change it.
It does help having a little knowledge about how Javascript works (But not really required if you're just changing some stuff.)

I just suggested to do so because it helped me to get a grasp about how to change stuff for myself and so I didn't just break it (I will recommend making back-ups just like you would do when your save-editing).

Locating the body parts in which you want to change should be easy since you can just type pc. into the console and then the console will give you suggestions of what you want as you keep typing.

Some things (such as body flags) are repersented with a number instead of a string. You can just get those with GLOBAL.[try to look for flag you want]

Reactions: Delish

Delish

Sep 7, 2021
There's no reference (To my knowledge) for the commands. You kinda just have to figure it out or ask people. (Thankfully most things that I wanted to change was pretty simple and self-explanationary.)

You don't need to ask for every thing you want to do, if you know what you want to change and how to change it.
It does help having a little knowledge about how Javascript works (But not really required if you're just changing some stuff.)

I just suggested to do so because it helped me to get a grasp about how to change stuff for myself and so I didn't just break it (I will recommend making back-ups just like you would do when your save-editing).

Locating the body parts in which you want to change should be easy since you can just type pc. into the console and then the console will give you suggestions of what you want as you keep typing.

Some things (such as body flags) are repersented with a number instead of a string. You can just get those with GLOBAL.[try to look for flag you want]
Great, thank you very much again. One last question because I just imported my old save: why does it put you back in your ship even when you're in an event? Should you complete events first before exporting? I was doing the one with the ship full of infected.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
why does it put you back in your ship
I don't really know the answer. My guess is that when the JS port was first released some planets weren't done yet and would crash if you went there so they just put you at Tarvos' ship port so that it wouldn't crash for being in an area which the JS version didn't have.
Should you complete events first before exporting?
You should probably complete the event you're currently in due to the fact that you get sent back to ship.
I have no idea if you can restart those events put to play it safe just complete that event and then save and export your file.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks. But there's no reference for the commands? You just have to ask for every single thing you want to do?
There's a link to the Flash Source Code in this thread. I've found it's usually possible to find something that does what you want (or close enough), and it usually transfers over.

Also, a lot of browsers crash when you try to use the Console, last I checked. I know Firefox works.

There are still some bugs in the conversion function. I've noticed both the Sidewinder and MS-XI have 2x Missile Turrets as Fixed Equipment, post-conversion, for example (2 different saves). Granted, both had 2x Missile Turrets, but it replaced the Sidewinder's Heavy Armor (upgrade) and the MS-XI's Shield Booster (Sidegrade?).