Save Files Suddenly Gone?

aeterna85

Apr 19, 2016
Earlier I was checking to see (on my newest game file), if a Mirrin breeding critical error was still happening. The critical error was gone, so I closed the game and went to eat dinner. When I came back to play some more just now though, all of my save files were just gone. I had all 14 slots filled with save files but now they're all empty for some reason. :(

It was nothing I did. Luckily I have a save file from when I 'saved to file' but all my other ones are just gone, so I can't try to recreate the critical error. Any ideas why this happened?

EDIT: I feel stupid. I didn't realize I actually kept TITS open, so I was actually opening a second instance of TITS. Please feel free to delete this. I still seem to have my save files.

Attachments

• Trials in Tainted Space - Saves Gone.jpg
    Trials in Tainted Space - Saves Gone.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
We don't have any real control over stopping your browser from just deciding to clean up data like this - the only real way to be sure it doesn't vanish is to save to file.

I've rummaged around and the documentation and found something to make it less likely, maybe, but it's still not anything we can really control - I'm at the point now where I'm considering removing the slots entirely for local saves and bringing them back as a cloudsave-only thing just because of how little control we have to ensure they just don't get vanished.

aeterna85

Apr 19, 2016
Well I still have my save files. I just didn't realize TITS was still open, for some reason opening a second instance will give you a whole new set of empty 14 save files.