Save file auto-erases in browser

Samgyeopsal

Feb 18, 2021
Odd bug, similar to something I saw in a past thread. The moment I beat the Winter Palace event and begin to move on, my save file is automatically converted into trash or something similar, and I can't access it. Kinda like that one guy saying his COC2 file got auto-formatted into COC2electron, but there's no way to fix it.

Samgyeopsal

Feb 18, 2021
What do you mean converted to trash? Does the entry just disappear? Is it just the one slot or all your saves?

Can't say. I usually save over my previous files, so I usually have only one save file in the first place. It's either or, really. But as to your first question, the file completely disappears.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Can't say. I usually save over my previous files, so I usually have only one save file in the first place. It's either or, really. But as to your first question, the file completely disappears.
When do you notice it, while playing? Or after taking a break and coming back to the game?

Samgyeopsal

Feb 18, 2021
When do you notice it, while playing? Or after taking a break and coming back to the game?

After taking a break. I was eager to try fighting Sigrun at current max level, came back online, and my file was gone, even though I knew I had saved multiple times.

Samgyeopsal

Feb 18, 2021
This is something besides the game deleting your saves. It could be you manually clearing site data or all browsing data, it could be a "cleaner" program trying to free up disk space, it could be that you're playing in a private browsing session.

Maybe it's the second option. I never cleaned the site data, and all my browsing sessions are public. That wouldn't make sense, though. I have so much disk space free it's not even funny.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Maybe it's the second option. I never cleaned the site data, and all my browsing sessions are public. That wouldn't make sense, though. I have so much disk space free it's not even funny.
It could be many different things actually causing the saves to not be retained. Running things like CC Cleaner or other "tune up" software will delete it. Some antivirus software will do it as well.

If you don't have any idea what's doing it, then I would say just always save to your filesystem after each play session.

Samgyeopsal

Feb 18, 2021
It could be many different things actually causing the saves to not be retained. Running things like CC Cleaner or other "tune up" software will delete it. Some antivirus software will do it as well.

If you don't have any idea what's doing it, then I would say just always save to your filesystem after each play session.

Got it! I'll keep that in mind. In the meantime, I'm gonna fiddle with the computer settings, see if I can prevent this from happening a second time