Save Editor and Kinu personality

Vestelion

Sep 29, 2019
Poland
Hey guys, lately I've been having some doubts about the Young Inari path for Kinu and since my save file is 200+ days I didn't want to start a new save. So i tried editing my current save file to change Kinu's flags to Kitsune Hime, while the process works in the save editor once I go back into the game the flags revert themselves to their original state.

So right now I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for the save editor or the answer to the Kinu dilemma. Because replaying the whole game just for this one change seems *a bit* tedious.

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
So right now I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for the save editor or the answer to the Kinu dilemma.
Did you change the flags pertaining to the specific events or just her personality rating? Just a forewarning, futzing with flags could break your saves in unforeseen ways down the line. I wouldn't mess with save editors (unless its just for fun) until one supported by the developers pops up.

Vestelion

Sep 29, 2019
Poland
I changed both the flags for the events and her personality... Though the personality flag is a rather cryptic "11" instead of the normal "1" or "2" so I'm not really sure.

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
I changed both the flags for the events and her personality... Though the personality flag is a rather cryptic "11" instead of the normal "1" or "2" so I'm not really sure.
That's the total score: 0+ means her personality defaults to young inari, -1 and below means shes hime. I'm not sure if the flags line up to this, but you can see how many points each event adds or subtracts on The Observer's Kinu doc. At a score of 11, Kinu is very much young inari (taking a quick look at my save she's -15 and that's from gaming the system). If I were to guess about the event flags, 1 means positive points and 2 means negative points, but I have no idea. Unless The Observer has it written down in their doc you'd need the source code to see.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I am locked to Kitsune Hime route, and my save file has her score as -1 (which was how my points totaled when I manually calculated prior to the iOS update that let me look at the file)I didn’t check to see if the events lined up with the points though; I could do that later for you when I can open the game.

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
I am locked to Kitsune Hime route, and my save file has her score as -1 (which was how my points totaled when I manually calculated prior to the iOS update that let me look at the file)I didn’t check to see if the events lined up with the points though; I could do that later for you when I can open the game.
I recall from the doc (when i read it like 4 months ago) that some of the choices in the events gave +2, -2, and 0. Just looking at the flags on the save editor won't help much in those cases assuming the calculations haven't changed since I last looked.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I recall from the doc (when i read it like 4 months ago) that some of the choices in the events gave +2, -2, and 0. Just looking at the flags on the save editor won't help much in those cases assuming the calculations haven't changed since I last looked.

Fortunately, based on the wiki (and consistent with my active calculations), there’s only 2 events that have a 0 value choice. But more than a handful with 2-point values in either direction.

I’ll do a comparison when I can.

P.S. I actually just look directly at the file itself. The Save Editor pulls from there, but I personally found looking directly to be easier and more reliable.

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Managed to find an older save file that thankfully was made after I finished all Kinu events.

Yeah, the Event Flag values don’t seem to have any relation to the score. I haven’t pinpointed an exact pattern though.

At first, I thought the values may correlate to which choice you made if we assume the values follow the order the choices are arranged in. But then I saw various ones where that doesn’t line up.

Your best bet might be to ask either Observer or Drake about the values if you really want to save edit your results. Though, I’m not sure how open they are to giving save editing advice given how doing so could have unforeseen consequences that could break your game.

Best keep a back up of your completely unaltered save if you want to mess around.

Vestelion

Sep 29, 2019
Poland
From what I've seen The Observer is pretty enigmatic when it comes to stuff like this so I don't think we'll get an answer from him. The save editor doesn't work at all, I've spent a good hour meticulously tracking all the possibilities and point totals for Kinu's personality and no matter what I do they always revert themselves. So I guess there's no way, other than playing through again, to change Kinu's personality.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Big moment of silence for everyone who have regrets on their respective Kinu Routes after all the baby grinding with Kiyoko.

1234567890van

Mar 28, 2018
Colony 9
Big moment of silence for everyone who have regrets on their respective Kinu Routes after all the baby grinding with Kiyoko.
Or just wait for an official editor supported by the devs that can change flags and stats without breaking the game; there will be one eventually.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I think you may have just broken the dreams of many cheaters.

If there’s any way to majorly cheat, expect the CoC2 devs to make sure it DOESN’T happen. :p

I hope we can get a season cheat at least though, to replay/actually play certain events without having to wait until the right time of year

Reactions: BigBoss6121