Save Edit Warning Alert

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
I know this may seem trivial but sometime down the road, would it be possible to put up an option to not show the warning alert of the save file being save edited/corrupted?

I mean its pretty much a given since a save edit is pretty gamebreaking (in a literal sense not gameplay sense). Or if possible taking out the warning entirely.

Its courteous and all and a well-meaning warning, but it gets tiresome a little is all.

If not, its ok too.

Chase

May 13, 2016
So the save editors don't fix the checksum at your request? (Just asking in case I ever want to make an editor for CoC2).

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
It's not there so much for your benefit, to be honest. It's more for ours, so we can tell when a save has been messed with and we can chuck it out the window.
does this mean when a bug is reported with a save file attached it is ignored if it has been save edited? I've had problems severely with cherry in the past and her content just not working in a way that makes sense, like going into her room the first time described it like I had been there before. I used a save editor to do minor stuff like change my "starting" hair color to an option not permitted for the race I chose or modify my height and im not sure how that could effect interactions with Cherry in any way. Obviously if some dickhead jerry-rigs it so his character has 3 different races that would cause problems but I don't see how general changes make the entire game file unusable for bug fixing.

(I'm paranoid about text based communications so part of my head is telling me that this post is gonna come off as a greater-than-though asshat who is somehow sticking up for the use of save editing when what you said was probably a joke, I am just legitimately curious if any form of save editing can corrupt the entire file and make bug fixing with it impossible)

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
does this mean when a bug is reported with a save file attached it is ignored if it has been save edited? I've had problems severely with cherry in the past and her content just not working in a way that makes sense, like going into her room the first time described it like I had been there before. I used a save editor to do minor stuff like change my "starting" hair color to an option not permitted for the race I chose or modify my height and im not sure how that could effect interactions with Cherry in any way. Obviously if some dickhead jerry-rigs it so his character has 3 different races that would cause problems but I don't see how general changes make the entire game file unusable for bug fixing.

(I'm paranoid about text based communications so part of my head is telling me that this post is gonna come off as a greater-than-though asshat who is somehow sticking up for the use of save editing when what you said was probably a joke, I am just legitimately curious if any form of save editing can corrupt the entire file and make bug fixing with it impossible)
This is about CoC2, I don't think TiTS has a save-edit detection thing in place. The reasoning though is that once you modify any values directly, we're no longer dealing with stuff in the game's control. Some things may be harmless edits, and some things might cause your game to crash. If someone reports a bug and their save has been edited, and the bug is due to a certain value on their character that shouldn't be there, then yeah I just disregard it. This has been useful when people do things like setting body parts to things that aren't supported, or people editing their stats or level higher, or setting corruption to be negative, or making their armor slot empty, etc. If I didn't know that they edited their save, I might waste hours trying to find what bug in the code was setting these things to bad values.

Reactions: Senera2000

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
ok, i figured that if it was a thing in CoC2 then it would be a thing in TiTs as well, I posted with the assumption that it wasn't mutually exclusive.

Jun 23, 2019
If you open the file "[your install folder]/resources/app/main.[some hex digits].js" in a text editor, then search and remove the text "showNotification(o,n)", it seems to stop the notification from popping up.

Editing it is a little tricky because that file is literally the game's entire code packed into a single line in a .js file, but Notepad++ seems to be able to do the job, albeit with a lot of lag.