[RPGMaker] Berrywood Chronicles v0.1 - first build

Runglaur

May 9, 2020
J5wbdF.md.png

Hi, guys!
I'm Runglaur from Spooky Pillow, we're a game dev team and we're currently working on
Berrywood Chronicles an adult fantasy RPG for PC, made with RPG Maker MV.

The game is inspired by old school RPGs but includes many features typical of visual novels, dating simulators, and games in which it's important to build relationships with other characters, such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Fire Emblem.
You can Play as Dana or Flint, two apprentice mages, unravel the mysteries of Berrywood's village, explore, fight formidable enemies in turn-based battles, learn and combine spells, meet many allies, build relationships and obviously have sex with them! Who knows, maybe you'll meet up with your true love. You will find humans, elves, orcs, monsters, and much more!

This is an early build and is not indicative of the final version.

2d game, 2dcg, Multiple protagonists, Male protagonist, Female protagonist, Big tits, Gay, Interracial, Lesbian, Voyeurism, Adventure, Combat, Dating sim, Visual Novel, Fantasy, Graphic Violence,
Romance, RPG, Turn based combat

If you are interested, you can download the demo here

If you want to support us in this new adventure here's our Patreon

Some screenshots of the game:
657758_2.jpg flintasha.JPG 657759_4.jpg 658306_Cattura.jpg 657765_5.jpg 657792_7.jpg 657791_8.jpg

Last edited:

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Downloading...

In the meantime, a word of advice: in the future, don't put a direct link to the latest build on your Patreon profile page; instead, put a link to the post for that release. This way, people will be able to find out quickly what's in the release, and provide feedback in the comments of the post. (Of course, as this was the first release, this advice is not very relevant right now.)

Also, you should probably make more clear what kind of pairings and fetishes/sexual niches the game is targeted at, both in the title post of this thread and on Patreon.

Reactions: Kesil and Runglaur

Runglaur

May 9, 2020
Downloading...

In the meantime, a word of advice: in the future, don't put a direct link to the latest build on your Patreon profile page; instead, put a link to the post for that release. This way, people will be able to find out quickly what's in the release, and provide feedback in the comments of the post. (Of course, as this was the first release, this advice is not very relevant right now.)

Also, you should probably make more clear what kind of pairings and fetishes/sexual niches the game is targeted at, both in the title post of this thread and on Patreon.
Thank you for the advice!

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
And here's your first bug report. :D When playing as Dana and choosing to shower with Asha, Asha's figure turns around in front of the changing room door and the game soft-locks. Presumably Asha is blocking the player from moving forward. See the attached screenshot.
Asha block.png

My general impression of the build leads to the next piece of advice: find an editor. The text right now doesn't read like natural English. There are no spelling errors, but there are a few places with outright broken grammar or wrong use of words. The rest is more or less correct, but it's often awkward and stilted. It looks like the text was originally written in a language other than English, and then translated - the English text carries traces of the syntax and phrases of the original language and the way the sentences were structured in the original text. Also, the original may have been written in a "high"/literary style, which unfortunately didn't carry in the translation - it doesn't resemble much English literary style (if that was the intention).

Runglaur

May 9, 2020
And here's your first bug report. :D When playing as Dana and choosing to shower with Asha, Asha's figure turns around in front of the changing room door and the game soft-locks. Presumably Asha is blocking the player from moving forward. See the attached screenshot.
View attachment 12482

My general impression of the build leads to the next piece of advice: find an editor. The text right now doesn't read like natural English. There are no spelling errors, but there are a few places with outright broken grammar or wrong use of words. The rest is more or less correct, but it's often awkward and stilted. It looks like the text was originally written in a language other than English, and then translated - the English text carries traces of the syntax and phrases of the original language and the way the sentences were structured in the original text. Also, the original may have been written in a "high"/literary style, which unfortunately didn't carry in the translation - it doesn't resemble much English literary style (if that was the intention).

Bug found and fixed, the event will work fine in the next release. ;)

Yes, I understand the problem with the translation, and indeed we are not native English speakers so we'll try to find an editor as you suggested. Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-9_16-34-2.gif
    upload_2020-5-9_16-34-2.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 5

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Bug found and fixed, the event will work fine in the next release. ;)

Yes, I understand the problem with the translation, and indeed we are not native English speakers so we'll try to find an editor as you suggested. Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

As it happens, I am an editor for hire. I'm freelance and have worked on a number of other games of this variety; both as a member of the team and as an outsourced contractor.

I'd be happy to discuss working on your project if you're interested.

Reactions: Runglaur