[RPG Maker MV]Non Monstrum:(8/9/20 V0.06.11 Public | Remake in Progress)

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
Got a game breaking bug. Every time I travel to slums I get transported back to the central area and Ferrum comes and asks for help rescuing slaves where I need to be lvl 5-6. I've already completed it, but Ferrum still shows up. If I accept, I go back to the dungeon again. If I say no, he will repeat all his dialogue again and disappear. Following this, the next time he comes back I suddenly have a bounty and can't do it. I can drop the bounty. There is no bug-fix NPC for this in the garrison. I did install the bug fix by overwriting the original files with the bugfix ones. Save file.

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016
Got a game breaking bug. Every time I travel to slums I get transported back to the central area and Ferrum comes and asks for help rescuing slaves where I need to be lvl 5-6. I've already completed it, but Ferrum still shows up. If I accept, I go back to the dungeon again. If I say no, he will repeat all his dialogue again and disappear. Following this, the next time he comes back I suddenly have a bounty and can't do it. I can drop the bounty. There is no bug-fix NPC for this in the garrison. I did install the bug fix by overwriting the original files with the bugfix ones. Save file.

Look into this soon, sorry about this.

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016

Here, a fix for your problem, just download and replace the files in data with these.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/23920293

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016
V0.05.7 Prepare for Finale
Changes-

- Oasis has got art now, as well as the desert leading to it. 1 new bust and a 19 long cg.
- Some rewrites to the earlier parts of chapter 1
- Huge amounts of bugfixes and rebalancing
- Test Android port, no idea if it works or not, getting it tested.

csg608893

Nov 2, 2016
Is it possible to load a save from a previous version into a newer version with updated art. I'm asking because I tried to load a save from (I believe) version 0.05.11 in version 0.06.4, but the busts would not update and I'm not sure if there is a way to fix that in game. Am I going to have to start a new game everytime?

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016
Is it possible to load a save from a previous version into a newer version with updated art. I'm asking because I tried to load a save from (I believe) version 0.05.11 in version 0.06.4, but the busts would not update and I'm not sure if there is a way to fix that in game. Am I going to have to start a new game everytime?

I believe older saves will work. It is probably just that arts stops at a certain point in the game, including busts. Since I do art in segments and I am planning a rewrite of chapter 1, which then I will bust everything even if there is not cgs, since hopefully by then I will have all the busts.

It might be advisable to have saves before the art stops, so you can see all the new stuff

csg608893

Nov 2, 2016
So I've noticed that if you try to load a save from version 0.05.13 or earlier into version 0.05.15 or later then all of your equipment except for your sword disappears. Bellow I have included pictures of the equipment screens and save files from both versions.
upload_2020-2-1_13-59-40.png
Version 0.05.13 equipment picture.
upload_2020-2-1_13-58-24.png
version 0.05.15 equipment.

Attachments

• file4 0.05.13 save.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 1
  • file4 0.05.15 save.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 3

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016
So I've noticed that if you try to load a save from version 0.05.13 or earlier into version 0.05.15 or later then all of your equipment except for your sword disappears. Bellow I have included pictures of the equipment screens and save files from both versions.
View attachment 11362
Version 0.05.13 equipment picture.
View attachment 11361
version 0.05.15 equipment.

Right, at one point the whole combat system was upgraded, which including equipment. So I have removed them in the more current version, but if you go back a few versions, which can be found in this forum, you can find an old man and a ghost in the market. They should fix everything.

csg608893

Nov 2, 2016
So I've run into an issue with both the item screen and the magic skills screen, which is probably due to the fact that those items/spells are no longer in the game is there any way for me to fix it/remove those items/spells from my inventory?
upload_2020-2-3_15-26-22.png
upload_2020-2-3_15-26-43.png

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
It might be a good idea that when implementing a new area you put in some kind of repeatable quest, especially with the ability to gain money. This would let players 'level up' their gear while they wait for new content. Also, some way to increase skills like you can with Lily, Scribe and Quinn.
That was a serious amount of text between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. I didn't see a way to skip it but maybe I missed it. If you are replaying, a skip might be a good idea to include. Also, fewer caption style of text and more 'wall of text' read might make it easier to follow in a novella style of pattern instead of the massive amount of hitting the space bar... whew! It's good verse, but wow... I wasn't ready for the read!
I'm not normally a slimegirl fan, but Lily is impressive to me. The whole concept is very fresh and very different from most of the games described here in the forums, Lily is truly a good heroine, to her core, it's like corruption has no hold at all on her, which is amazing and I like it. While more artwork would help certain scenes, it's not necessary, the game flows well. A few too many fights where I felt it was a little monotonous. Once you have the pattern(s) to deal with certain foes, it's rinse, wash and repeat. This is common for RPG Maker style of games, so nothing new there.
Overall, a nice interactive story game, but not quite a CYOA style game. Your choices are very few in the game, which is fine, but folks may not be expecting that if they are just looking at it for the first time.
I'd like to be able to travel back from Crossroads to Zhuevia (SP?) to try and finish some of the missed areas of Chapter one, people I couldn't find and such. I realize the entire nature changes after the main even in Chapter 1 but since the main quests didn't 'fail' those people, they should still exist. If it's not possible to meet them in some fashion then you need to run a check on the main quests and mark the people you didn't meet in red as 'fails'. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have combat skip options as well so you could just play in story mode.
Just some thoughts on the game and thank you, it's well done!