[RPG Maker MV] Colors of a New Dawn: The Beginning (v0.0.5)

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
Hello everyone!
I'm a fairly new Game Dev, long time lurker in the scene of adult games and recently i decided to create my own project.
I'm aware that they're tons and tons of RPG MAKER MV games out there, with a lot of fetishes and stuff to explore but I always felt that something was missing. By taking few elements of these games and adding some of my own, here is my brand new and first project! It's not much yet, but hopefully it will be.

Colors of a New Dawn: The Beginning
Cover02_500x281.png

It's an RPG game, made with RPG MAKER MV and a story that evolves around a young girl who lives in a village with her family.
It uses a time system, which is controlled mostly by the events.
There are 7 days in the week and 4 periods of time during the day (early morning, morning, day, night), which specify and control few of the time-dependent events, NPC appearances, etc.

Current version is v0.0.5 (03/6)

Changelog:
  • Added 2 more game days (Saturday-Sunday).
  • Added many new renders.
  • Added animation videos (early stage of design).
  • Added choices that lead into different paths for the new and the upcoming content.
  • Added new outfit.
  • Added hide text-box function (right mouse click while the dialogue window is open). The hot-key for this will be changed in the future.
  • Added another hot-key, which is W and will serve these functions (for now):
    Map feature: Display the current map that the player is located with useful information.
    Remove panties: Well, no further explanation is needed in that. I'm working on implementing this new feature on one of the upcoming releases and further explanation will be given then.
  • Added skip option for the shower.
  • Added new location (Forest) and events in it.
    It will also become available as a location for Alice to visit during her free time in the future.
  • New NPC introduction, with a role to play later as the game progresses.
  • Fixed a couple of bugs and grammar/spelling mistakes (work in progress).

Some of the currently implemented adult themes of the game are:
  • Exhibitionism
  • Incest
  • Corruption
  • Submission
  • M/F - F/F

And some of the planned features are:
  • Blackmail
  • Threesomes
  • and more...

Here are the direct download links for my project:
MEGA

And here is a link for my Patreon, if you liked the game and wish to stay tuned for the updates or even support me.

Every kind of feedback is much, much appreciated and welcomed, especially at this early stage
icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bobinette

Aug 27, 2016
This is so far an interesting project. I like the setting of the story, Alice's character (not too naive, so far), all the different clothes (how it can become dirty too), the smallness of the village allowing you to go quickly to one point to another, etc. I'll definitely keep playing the future versions.

That said, I've stumbled accross some bugs:
- On the second day after your job "interview", when going to Alice's room, her brother's sprite wasn't showing. Same for Jesse when you bump into her outside of the Mayor's house. This might be due to this next bug.
- You can still sometimes move when triggering some events, which allows for some silly things. I don't know if it happens with every triggers, since I first discovered it when entering the Mayor's house. During the dialog with the maid you can move around, until the game forces you to follow her to the Mayor. The same happens when you start talking to him, you can move around the house clipping through everything. Just before the end of the demo, when entering Alice's house where her mother is waiting, angry, you can also move up to her and trigger her day-to-day dialog before the actual event starts.
- Saving at the park, during the jogging event, seems to delete your save: i.e, the save slot becomes blank. I didn't test if it does atually delete the save, but in both cases, there's something abnormal going on.

There's also three minor things on top of that, but they're pet-peeves of mine so if you don't change anything about it, that's alright:
- When jogging, Alice... walks instead of dashing, game-mechanic-wise. I'd suggest making her dash.
- When cleaning Garry's cabin, having that butt animation play was a nice and sexy surprise. It wasn't as nice after seeing it 7 times in a row, since that animation isn't that short. I'd suggest making it skippable after the first time.
- The above 18 disclaimer when lauching the game takes around-ish 12s. Not really a problem for most, becomes one when RPG Maker MV games crash all the time on my old laptop. Although, It only happened once with this game, so really a very minor problem. Even more so since you can't be reponsible for my shitty computer. I'd still suggest making it shorter or skippable after the message is fully on.
I'm not a big fan of dead times like those. Especially if they repeat. You can ignore them, though, they're not that bothersome.

Last edited:
Reactions: DudeWithoutAName
Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
To begin with, thanks a ton for your comprehensive reply!

Some of the things that you mention (such as the ability to move when a dialogue or an event should keep Alice in her position or clipping through some stuff and some sprites disappearing) is caused of some "tests" of mine to run few things along with each other for a better dialogue realism. It seems that it's not working as planned and I'll have to depict it with another way in order to avoid these silly bugs.
The only thing that I don't currently know how to fix (from those you mentioned) is the park save issue, but I'm positive that I will find the solution along the way.

"The butt animation" is going to be reduced in time after the 1st time performed (if you hold your action button, space/enter/click etc., it makes it even faster, which is the only reason I've had left it as it is).
The disclaimer can also be hastened too by holding an action button, but you're right that it's long enough, I will reduce it even further and also try to find a workaround to skip it if you've seen it once already.

With all that being said, I'll have to point out again that my experience in developing and designing is pretty, pretty recent and by stressing some points more than others when I'm doing so, it causes few of them to break, thus, creating some of those annoying bugs. However, I'm working on this project on a daily basis, many hours, and I can guarantee you that all of these will be fixed and tampered into a more user friendly way as the projects goes on.

Thank you again and don't hesitate sending me a message or replying again at any time with your opinions or suggestions. It's much appreciated :)

Oct 25, 2016
I'm stuck in the grandma's house, kid's in the bathroom and I'm outside, can't interact with anything and I can't leave even though I have the groceries.

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
You can grab this save at the exact spot, where you'll be able to check on the kid in the bathroom - MEGA
I'm not sure why this happens, I've had this issue reported once again. Did you click on the house's door to enter or you're playing with arrows?

Marnox

Apr 25, 2017
This sounds fun but i cant even play it i get the zip and extract it but after that wont let me play just keeps popping a black box

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
This sounds fun but i cant even play it i get the zip and extract it but after that wont let me play just keeps popping a black box
Yeah, if you're getting an error message, it's an issue that some people appear to have and I still haven't found out the source of this since it appears to be random...
The next release will be available for the public during the next week. I'll let you know in the changelog if this bug is fixed. If it's not, well, I'll keep looking into it and i'm positive I'll find out eventually why it's happening...
Sorry for that and thanks for reporting it!

Reactions: Marnox

Marnox

Apr 25, 2017
Yeah, if you're getting an error message, it's an issue that some people appear to have and I still haven't found out the source of this since it appears to be random...
The next release will be available for the public during the next week. I'll let you know in the changelog if this bug is fixed. If it's not, well, I'll keep looking into it and i'm positive I'll find out eventually why it's happening...
Sorry for that and thanks for reporting it!

Np man soon as you fix it ill totally download it again

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
This game feels a lot like new paths.

I didn't like the idea of the mother just seeming perfectly fine knowing what is about to happen to her daughter.

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
This game feels a lot like new paths.
Yeah, it has some resemblances to New Paths since I've been inspired by it as well as many other nice games.

I didn't like the idea of the mother just seeming perfectly fine knowing what is about to happen to her daughter.
She doesn't really know what is going to happen. She just had some good time with these people, time has passed till then and they now just know each other.
In these times of need, she just accepts their professional assistance with her daughter. I don't think that it's illogical to accept the help of "government officials" for the employment
of your child, even if you had sex with them. I believe it's rational.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
She doesn't really know what is going to happen. She just had some good time with these people, time has passed till then and they now just know each other.
In these times of need, she just accepts their professional assistance with her daughter. I don't think that it's illogical to accept the help of "government officials" for the employment
of your child, even if you had sex with them. I believe it's rational.

Then honestly her dialogue needs to be handled A LOT DIFFERENT because from what I've seen. Not only does it seem like she appears to know what the mayor and the other guy is up to but is willfully pushing her daughter into it as well.

I mean it is one thing to drop hints and foreshadow about the characters to the viewer about characters, to mentally start to act a certain way after a specific type of foreshadowing has happen.

It also didn't help how after the very first day of work where the mother sat her down and asked a question that felt like she was looking for a very specific response.

Also it it isn't illogical for a parent to accept help from the government, it is illogical or at the very least out of place while in the middle of a conversation with ones offspring to just out of the blue think about "how much fun" that person had with X just from hearing a name mentioned by their child. A name which i originally assumed was a fake one but the mother instantly connected to someone she had "relationship" with when she was younger. Now attached to that before this conversation happened we had the whole exposition dropped on us how the mayor use to manipulate events so he could get at the MC mother... And the mother reminiscing about it at the most inappropriate time, it just seems like they made her their little fuck toy and now it's her daughter's turn to become it and she knows it and wants to hear about her daughter's "first day on the job."

Of course i could just be reading too much into it. I could be creating connections based on what I already know (or assume) is going to happen in the game. But, as i already said it's just the way that the events are given to me, on top of how the mother is reacting is creating the foreshadowing that even if she wasn't apart of what is about to happen to her daughter then she at least have an idea and is happy about it.

Stiffy

Jun 5, 2017
Can some one help m. How do you save the game because every time I'm on the menu to save when it asks which file would you like to save to, and when I go to select it it does nothing please help

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
Can some one help m. How do you save the game because every time I'm on the menu to save when it asks which file would you like to save to, and when I go to select it it does nothing please help
Hey there.
If you're trying to save in the park, there's currently a problem there that you can't save your data. Try saving at a different location.
If you're trying to save somewhere else and it still doesn't work, I could send you a save file at the beginning of the game and you can try saving on it, check if it works.
Thanks for reporting it.

Stiffy

Jun 5, 2017
Hey there.
If you're trying to save in the park, there's currently a problem there that you can't save your data. Try saving at a different location.
If you're trying to save somewhere else and it still doesn't work, I could send you a save file at the beginning of the game and you can try saving on it, check if it works.
Thanks for reporting it.
H
Hey there.
Thanks for reporting it.
hello I've tried all of the other locations and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or I'm just doing it wrong and thank you for the reply

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
hello I've tried all of the other locations and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or I'm just doing it wrong and thank you for the reply

Alright, first try to delete the contents of the save folder (..\www\save) and then try to save when you first land on the village.
If this doesn't work, you could download this save file that I made, which begins just when the intro ends and you could try saving on that one.

Let me know if any of these methods helped!

Stiffy

Jun 5, 2017
Alright, first try to delete the contents of the save folder (..\www\save) and then try to save when you first land on the village.
If this doesn't work, you could download this save file that I made, which begins just when the intro ends and you could try saving on that one.

Let me know if any of these methods helped!
I've tried that and it still won't work

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
I've tried that and it still won't work
Haven't encountered that before to be honest and the only other thing that I can suggest for now is to make sure that you have a clean copy of the latest release (v0.0.5 full) and that you haven't copy-pasted it upon an earlier release.
If you're still having the issue, I'll keep looking into it and I'll let you know if I find something out. But it would possibly be something more advanced than what I can currently do, so it might take some time for me to figure it out.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry if I couldn't be of any help!

Stiffy

Jun 5, 2017
Haven't encountered that before to be honest and the only other thing that I can suggest for now is to make sure that you have a clean copy of the latest release (v0.0.5 full) and that you haven't copy-pasted it upon an earlier release.
If you're still having the issue, I'll keep looking into it and I'll let you know if I find something out. But it would possibly be something more advanced than what I can currently do, so it might take some time for me to figure it out.

Thanks for letting me know and sorry if I couldn't be of any help!
It's alright thanks for helping, and I've downloaded v0.0.5 a couple and every time it has had the save file and i don't no if this could be another reason but I'm using a mac

Apr 2, 2017
Greece
www.patreon.com
It's alright thanks for helping, and I've downloaded v0.0.5 a couple and every time it has had the save file and i don't no if this could be another reason but I'm using a mac
Oh, I haven't set up the game for mac, only for windows, so this might be the issue there.
I will export a mac version now, upload it and send you the link so you can test if works. I don't have any computer with mac installed and unfortunately I can't test it by myself.

Stiffy

Jun 5, 2017
Oh, I haven't set up the game for mac, only for windows, so this might be the issue there.
I will export a mac version now, upload it and send you the link so you can test if works. I don't have any computer with mac installed and unfortunately I can't test it by myself.
The game has been working perfectly on the mac but it's just saving that's not working

Last edited: