Rival content?

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
The wiki page for the Rival has very little - just says he/she is encountered in Tarkus and Mhen'ga. Is there really nothing more with the Rival so far?

Would it be ok to use the Rival in a submission? (As a rival to Steele, of course. Probably without any on-screen sexual content directly involving the Rival.) If so, is there any guidance / rules for how to write the Rival? I'll review how he/she is written on Tarkus and Mheng'a, but from what I remember there's not a lot to go on. Significantly, how does the Rival feel about sexuality? Would he/she look down on Steele for sexuality / promiscuity? Would it make sense for him/her to want to compete with Steele in those areas?

I can always go with a new character. I'm only asking because my idea involves competition, so of course it'd make sense to use the Rival.

F

Franks

Ask Fen. He'll almost definitely tell you no, but it never hurts to ask.

TFMaster

Well there's the Sub Tuner Rival Content where the Rival happens upon you in a submissive state and uses that to his/her advantage. I think the Rival has Steele blow them/eat them out IDK I've never proc'ed that scene as I'm not really into submissive content which is also why I stay the hell away from Sera.

Reactions: orochi02

Dof

Oct 30, 2017
Well there's the Sub Tuner Rival Content where the Rival happens upon you in a submissive state and uses that to his/her advantage. I think the Rival has Steele blow them/eat them out IDK I've never proc'ed that scene as I'm not really into submissive content which is also why I stay the hell away from Sera.
You know you can be the dom with her right ?

Reactions: orochi02

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Not at all cause you're "buying" her (without her consent btw).
Are you referring to the Taivra Bad-end? Because that's a bad-end (Which iirc are non-canon in a way, as the wiki describes it as 'branching off the main story') rather than something you can encounter legit without ending the game at the same time.

Dof

Oct 30, 2017
No i'm saying it's content, you buy her, put her in your ship and do what you want with her since you're an insane savage who loves to crush people.

You could say you become Sera that way.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I believe Emerald was talking about Rival-chan, when Dof was talking about Sera, but I could be wrong...

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I believe Emerald was talking about Rival-chan, when Dof was talking about Sera, but I could be wrong...
Seems like it. Kinda hard to know exactly when you (Not you you, I mean in general) talk vague.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Current rival content:

Initial encounter at Tavros: where rival shows off they're a colossal asshole, having bugged you and taunting that they will steal your inheritance.
Encounter at Mhen'ga: If you choose to fight or insult rival, rival sics Dane on you.
Encounter at Tarkus: They try to buy the probe from Shekka. You can outbid her, use the Plat 190 or wait it out. I always use the Plat 190, so no idea about what the other options do.
Encounter at Myrellion: lol, they got themselves caught. They make their escape using Dane as a distraction.

Non story encounters:

Sub tuner blow job/eat out. This is why we don't play with things we find on the floor!
Brief run in when Steele is out walking Sera as a punishment.

As far as Rival sexuality goes, I'd say they're probably bisexual and not a prude. As evidence, I direct the taunting email with them and a bunch of Zil.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Is it weird that, even though their dialogue is 100% the same, I see Jack as a bitch, and Jill as a Bitch? I'm not sure how to properly express what I'm trying to say...

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Is it weird that, even though their dialogue is 100% the same, I see Jack as a bitch, and Jill as a Bitch? I'm not sure how to properly express what I'm trying to say...

I feel you. Jack comes off as a dirty coward, while Jill appears to be an Alpha Bitch using the same damn language.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Fenoxo sitting on the Rival for years and years while shooting down anyone else's requests to flesh them out is one of the oddest little quirks of the development cycle.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Yeah but don't you have to ruin her in order to buy her by being her sub and ruining her chances at the party?

Nope, you can push Sera into debt right away. I sell Sera two Galomax pills and that puts her into debt with Sentient Acquisitions. 15k and she's your little fuck toy!

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
She gives you a warning about it, too. I was selling random gear when she interrupted me and mentioned it.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
lol I should have asked Nonesuch to gate sub Sera behind subbing to her first.

Anyway I commissioned Jill's little involvement in Belle and Sera's scenes, with more on the way. No penetration is allowed though (Fen's words).

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm more interesting in getting both of my dicks into Jill and then cuddling whilst we're tied.

Or just cuddling.

Reactions: ShySquare

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You deviant. Cuddling? You make me sick.

Next you'll want handholding and whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears during romantic beach walks under the light of the moon. YOU MONSTER!

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I actually wanted to get a ring, but sounds pretty amazing too.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
It does, doesn't it?

Oh and I suppose it all depends on where you want that ring to go.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I feel like that should be obvious given the current conversation.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Earring it is, then.

Reactions: ShySquare

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for answers guys. I'll poke around to see if any other existing characters would fit for my scenario, but I'll probably just make a new one.

Fenoxo sitting on the Rival for years and years while shooting down anyone else's requests to flesh them out is one of the oddest little quirks of the development cycle.
I definitely wasn't aiming to "flesh out" the Rival here, he/she just seemed like an obvious fit for a role in my scenario.

Dreadful123

Aug 10, 2017
~
There are certain bad ends you can encounter them in, like the rubbermade and accepting dr badger's offer in the pexiga quest.

I'm sure there are more, gonna go look now...

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
You deviant. Cuddling? You make me sick.

Next you'll want handholding and whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears during romantic beach walks under the light of the moon. YOU MONSTER!
*Points at Evil's avatar.*

-My reaction.