Review/Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
I was gonna write a review but all i have to say is that its a pretty great game with pretty great art with pretty great writing with pretty great whatever, but i have some problems.

-near everything is some type of trap shemale or dick girl whatever you wanna call it, point is not everything needs a dick

-all of these characters with dicks more or less replace all the males because there aren't many of of those either 

-near every character is hyper, dooming anyone who doesn't want a 24 inch dick and double G tits. 

-little to no male content, which kinda makes sense cause males would have a hard time finding a girl without a dick of her own in this universe, but also doesnt make sense because theres only been about 5 guys in the whole universe? 

-not as many cool perks like in CoC (i must admit the myr perks are cool though), the bimbo body and bro body perks are an example of this, perks like buttslut only cater to hypers (sets your ass size to 20 no matter what you do, discussed here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3507-mysterious-item-that-makes-butts-bigger/

-parasites don't feel like parasites (the tails), they are literally just tails that you can easily get with no downsides (considering you can literally let the dick vine merge with you with no fear)

-the only exception to the above is mimbranes, which are pretty interesting somewhat beneficial and somewhat tedious at the same time

-there are few humans (as far as i know only your cousin is human) and you probably won't stay human, be it you fucked up and told dr badger you were a hero or eating a zil ration the first time

-though there are many ways to change your character, there aren't many to really customize her/him/other to your liking easily without save scumming (changing colors with rainbotox) 

-there are no downsides to having gargantuan body parts as far as i  know

-there are no perks/effects for some things listed in codex entries, such as the treatments oral fixation or the treatment being able to give you fuckable nipples, ruining the point of even having to read the codex entry to use it. 

-blockpost like the one about the omni suit

>told us it was finished

>we cant actually use it

>pointless update

-low will power has no use whatsoever, the one thing that is effected by willpower is the venus plants on mhen'ga which don't matter after you're done with that planet, probably just fooling people to invest in will power not knowing that if they have 5+ on mhen'ga they're safe. not only this but there are no disadvantages of getting caught by the plants besides getting pregnant and that's not a big problem in this game

-caters to some fetishes (furries hypers and dickgirls everywhere) but completely shuts down other things.

-for those who DO like hypers, there aren't many ways to increase sizes of tihngs other than your dick balls and boobs. (ass, hips, lips etc) 

-game is genuinely easy most of the time, yet there is an easy mode, but no hard mode?

-certain things like being able to unlock uveto aren't clear or are hard to do (just check the forums) 

-not many actual places, more dungeons like the pirate base would be nice considering running around in a field fighting bunny creatures for xp isnt very interesting until the sydian female comes in and completely fucks your shit up

-certain races are locked to herm in character creation, which is really restricting to my actual character, if my father was this rich he should probably be able to afford a loop hole instead of just saying "yea i don't want a male gryvain just make it a female and give it a dick" same thing with kui tan. 

-instead of getting out the rest of the levels we're getting new planets, whats the point of having planets without having the level for it? 

-building up your tease skills takes much longer than it should (have to use each one 100 times, really?)

I know this is a really long list, but please read it all before you all violently burn me at the stake. Also please don't get TOO mad at me :( and i still think this is a really great game and i thank all of the people who have contributed, be it on patreon or actually making the game :)

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016

*Cracks knuckles*

1) near everything is some type of trap shemale or dick girl whatever you wanna call it, point is not everything needs a dick

Reason: The major reasons why TiTs is filled with Z or Q kind of characters stem from a combination of: 1) The creators admitted likes and dislikes, and 2) the long list of Commissioners/Backers of the game who have already paid money to see Z or Q kind of content added to the game. The SOLUTION to this problem is to either: stop playing for a few months and come back to see if anything new has been added, write the content you want to see, or commission someone to write the content you want to see.

Otherwise: it's a free game and, frankly, you don't get to dictate the content without using your wallet.

2) all of these characters with dicks more or less replace all the males because there aren't many of of those either 

Reason: See above.

3) near every character is hyper, dooming anyone who doesn't want a 24 inch dick and double G tits. 

Reason: See above

4) little to no male content, which kinda makes sense cause males would have a hard time finding a girl without a dick of her own in this universe, but also doesnt make sense because theres only been about 5 guys in the whole universe? 

5) not as many cool perks like in CoC (i must admit the myr perks are cool though), the bimbo body and bro body perks are an example of this, perks like buttslut only cater to hypers (sets your ass size to 20 no matter what you do, discussed here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3507-mysterious-item-that-makes-butts-bigger/

Reason: No one has written this stuff in or thought to write it in as part of the TFs they've add to the game. Insofar as writing and coding this kind of stuff is involved, though: this kind of stuff is relatively A LOT EASIER TO DO on the part of content creators than creating a whole new NPC or the like. So, again and in other words: if you want to see this stuff, then make this stuff.

6) parasites don't feel like parasites (the tails), they are literally just tails that you can easily get with no downsides (considering you can literally let the dick vine merge with you with no fear)

Reason: because most people don't enjoy the thought of parasites and those that do want it added into the game haven't gone out of their way to write it. Most parasites would also be crippling debilitating to the PC unless they fuse to the body in such a way as to be symbiotic instead of parasitic.

7) there are few humans (as far as i know only your cousin is human) and you probably won't stay human, be it you fucked up and told dr badger you were a hero or eating a zil ration the first time

Reason: most content-creators are furries or fans of monstergirls. 

8) though there are many ways to change your character, there aren't many to really customize her/him/other to your liking easily without save scumming (changing colors with rainbotox) 

Reason: as I've said elsewhere on the forum, the game is called Trials in Tainted Space, with an emphasis on Trials. The entire way the lore is set up is that 99% of people in-universe only want to look like Z or Q thing, and not some horrifying amalgamation of things. Either that, or they're an alien species and already happy with how they look. You as a player don't get an easy way out, gameplay-wise, because the heart of the game is about exploring weird shit and having weird shit happen to you, not you getting your mad scientist on to easily get everything you want. (Also, the game is still in its infancy in terms of "where we're at in the story," so a thing like customizing everything about you would def. be regulated to end-game content.) (Also also: coding and writing something up that allows a person to "customize themselves to their liking" is a big fat pain in the ass.)

Tl;dr: Learn to use Minerva or the Save Editor if you're so in need of having a special snowflake PC.

9) there are no downsides to having gargantuan body parts as far as i  know

Reason: No one likes writing bad ends to TFs, really. (Though if your balls are too big I believe you can't move anymore.)

10) there are no perks/effects for some things listed in codex entries, such as the treatments oral fixation or the treatment being able to give you fuckable nipples, ruining the point of even having to read the codex entry to use it. 

Solution: write it. Like I said: that kind of stuff is easier to think up and write out than a full-blown NPC or something. (I do agree that there is a lack of nipple-fucking content, though.)

11) low will power has no use whatsoever,

Reason: \/\/illpower will undoubtedly affect psionic abilities -- of which a lot on content on Uveto-VII seems to involve.

12) caters to some fetishes (furries hypers and dickgirls everywhere) but completely shuts down other things.

Reason: See 1-5

13) for those who DO like hypers, there aren't many ways to increase sizes of tihngs other than your dick balls and boobs. (ass, hips, lips etc) 

Reason: I believe a TF was just submitted by Kitteh that addresses this. (Moreover, there are quite a few ways to increase the size of the things you mentioned in-game, besides. I don't get this complaint.)

14) game is genuinely easy most of the time, yet there is an easy mode, but no hard mode?

Reason: I think this is the most legitimate complaint you actually have, because I find most of the monsters designed for the game can be beaten by just mashing the attack button.

---

Honestly, I feel a lot of the problems you feel are negative aspects of TiTs are simply a matter of the game -- and don't take this the wrong way -- but the game isn't for you. Not really. Fen and co have made a product that caters to -- at times -- a very specific niche within the Furry, TF, and Monstergirl fandoms, and the people creating content for the game lean heavily toward what you see as filling 99% of the game itself. If you find that you don't enjoy that, or that you think the game should have Z or Q content it doesn't already have, well.

Either write it out yourself and hope it's good enough/simple enough to be added to the game, commission someone to do it for you, wait for the game to hopefully change to suit your unique desires more, or...play something else? Because I guarantee there's a higher chance of Trump becoming president than there is for TiTs and the people writing for it suddenly and magically changing overnight.

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016

Instead of spending a half hour writing a small sarcastic and worthless reply, as he posted what I feel is a constructive, polite,  and well detailed review of what he felt that TiTS lacks in content or categories that he feels are over or underused. You could instead have used one sentence. 

"The reason for the overuse of some fetishes are a result of the main writers interest in said fetishes."

After that you wouldn't look like a douche who specifically came to the thread to troll the reviewer after they asked people here not to start an argument with them over what was their own personal and in my opinion completely justified positions. 

As for your 'special snowflake PC'  garbage, if I want pink or blonde hair in real life that doesn't make me a 'special snowflake,' I just go buy some dyes. Saying that TiTS lacks in some of the more simple content such as dyes when it already has colors and tags coded in for said hair colors doesn't justify a sarcastic implied and snotty, 'If you don't like it, find another game.' territorial bitch response. 

Please, if someone actually starts a thread for constructive criticism, maintains a civil tone, and points out things such as dyes that could be easily added into the game by individual's already familiar with the context in which the scene tags and code are used there isn't a need to get all pissy and tell him to go code it himself. 

As for the OP, I agree with all your points as well. I am an original backer myself and would love to see some more TLC given to fleshing out the leveling and perk systems. More variety in body types as apposed to species types for NPC's would be nice to see in my opinion too. I mean it does feel a little strange being like one of what 4 confirmed fully human characters in the entire lore of the game when I play the game as a human? 

Because the list of untransformed humans from off the top of my head is:

Steele

Steele

Steele

And you guessed it; Steele

Those being your cousin, your uncle, your dad, and you. 

And as for active NPC males, there is Big T, and a few others that have been fleshed out but also about a half dozen others, mostly shopkeepers that may have been overlooked by the OP. But if he is speaking of fleshed out well rounded males in the TiTS universe there is definitely a bit of a lack, all reasons aside, as reasons for said lack were never a concern, there is a lack thereof. 

Would I write a bunch of M/M scenes since I am a straight but submissive guy with a TF fetish? No. Does telling me to go write said scenes when I point out that not many exist make any sense whatsoever or in anyway act as a constructive comment in this thread? No. No it does not. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016
Really? I don't even

This I can agree with, coming content updates do have a place and that is the only thing I didn't agree with in the OP's post. 

Also I like my C-cup girls, anything above DD gets damned dirty. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Because the list of untransformed humans from off the top of my head is:

Steele

Steele

Steele

And you guessed it; Steele

Those being your cousin, your uncle, your dad, and you. 

Actually, we don't know about the uncle, dad was the galaxy biggest TF whore, and you have a notable amount of options from the very start (I don't think that there are any canonical Steele Jr.). And why would you want humans in the TF game? But if you want some... Sexable - Geoff, Burt (artificial parts and TFs are a bit different things), Alex counts for me (his only TF is growing vagina), and there are tons of almost humans (picking up or having cute ears doesn't make you much less human). And there are some background ones as well. Most other named NPCs are usually either natives of the planet or rare/unique.

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016
Don't get me wrong, I have a TF fetish for a reason, humans are boring. And I am not asking to seeing a bunch of well rounded human npcs in the game either. It does just make you think what happened to all the humans? Are we as a race going the way of that demonesque species is, modder so much there aren't many 'real humans' left? I can't remember their name. Or are we just far out on the fringes and less humans have travelled out this far?

As for Geoff and a bunch of others they fit in the human category for me too. As for the four Steele's I just mentioned them as possibly connonically previously human. But you're right about the PC, there is no Canonical PC, hell we may one day find out Colenso isn't so crazy and that Celise is the true offspring. ;P

Constructively, science fictions often have to fill in a lot more with lore because they are often on a much greater scale than fantasies, CoC never needed to explain the lack of other humans because you were magically transported to a world, and mind you that is just one world again scale is smaller, that other world's didn't have access to, or at least not many did. And the world itself could effectively be conspiring to change your form. TiTS is missing some of these things, I am keeping a list so that someday one of the main writers if they are ever interested in just chilling and writing easy lore for a few days may take it up as a side project. Lore like that I feel is sort of the child of the original authors, to even suggest that anyone but Fen or Savin, or other writers that have been around since the early CoC days are qualified to write something that at anytime may become an integral part of the story's plot would make me feel like a complete douche.

As a side note, fuck Disney for pissing on my childhood and canonized events. Only certain people have the right to rewrite canon or determine it and for TiTS that will always be Fenoxo as far as I am concerned. 

Besides it is a hallmark of terrible authors to be incapable of imagining a way to write in a reason for retcons, especially science fiction retcons, time travel or parallel universes anyone? It is a hallmark of a good author to work within established lore. 

Well now I got off topic and segwayed into the land of ranting so I think I will stop here. 

And yeah. *sigh*

I am a lore whore. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It does just make you think what happened to all the humans?

Humans are just one of the many races. One of the most numerous, BTW. Most other races are rarely represented by more than one or two individuals.

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016
I was making a reference to Doctor Who there but your right yeah.  I figured they are more numerous, and to be fair there aren't a huge number of scenes that go into detail about crowds and what species make Tavros Station their home and whatnot. In fact, just going back to make sure, I realised Tavros doesn't have a codex entry.  

If I did think of writing something a codex entry or two like that may not be a bad place to start.  

I have a big project with the HERS game inspired mod for FO4 and I don't think I will ever have enough finished with that to justify more than a small CK built script free release. So committing to doing anything other than 6 hour stints of 'foreplay' by playing TiTS or CoC is just lying to myself.

Also I know dyes are added that was just a traditional example.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
Instead of spending a half hour writing a small sarcastic and worthless reply, as he posted what I feel is a constructive, polite,  and well detailed review of what he felt that TiTS lacks in content or categories that he feels are over or underused. You could instead have used one sentence. 

Gonna have to disagree on the meaning of the words "constructive," and "polite" as used here, along with "well-detailed," but I digress. Nothing about what I wrote was meant to be in ill-will or come off as sarcastic; a fact of the matter is that these complaints--specifically the ones about the game's content skewing Z or Q direction--have always been an issue for people going as far back as CoC. And, resoundingly, the official stance--as far as I've seen--on the matter has always been either: write the things you want to see added to the game or commission someone to do it for you. This hasn't changed, most likely won't, and the near-constant barrage of people bringing up the same "issues" over and over again, many of them in this case being issues of taste, is frankly absurd.

If you've been a fan of Fen and the games they make for any long amount of time, you know what their proclivities and attentions naturally draw toward. The same holds true with Savin, Gedan, and any other popular content maker involved with CoC and TiTs, and complaining about their output--or lack of output involving things you like--is the same as me going to a free concert in a public space just to demand for the band to play freebird over and over again. Once might be funny, twice might get a chuckle or two; but if you look at the game and see that it is 99% a certain kind of content, and most every author currently involved in creating for TiTs are the people behind that free content, but you don't like or think there's too much of this--again: free--content, then....chances are....the game is not specifically being made for you in mind....and you disguising your complaint as a "review" will do little to ever sway a writer from:

A) leaving projects that others have donated real money to get in the game to work on content you, specifically, enjoy,

and B) use what little free time they have to, instead of writing things they personally want to see, instead write content that you feel addresses your specific wants and desires.

So, rather than Fen and Co say that "No, we're not going to write more strictly hetero-based fantasy stuff right now, if ever," they've chosen instead to--graciously, I feel--allow people the opportunity to write things they want to see and then lobby it for a chance it might appear in the game. It's a rather simple thing to understand, I feel. And, again: none of what I said or say here is meant to "troll," anyone--I actually do agree with some of the points the topic maker brings up here, but I also know from experience that pointing these things out does absolutely nothing.

I'm also not going to touch the rest of your post--since I feel we disagree on the nature of TiTs as a game--outside of my telling you: insofar as hair and fur color, cock size and type, and now butt-related things, TiTs already allows you to personally customize several aspects of the aforementioned without having to save and reload for "just the right transformation."

chasei

Jun 10, 2016
"Almost no male content"

Go to new texas alone and you find Yancy, Cameron, Ogram, Brynn and Big T. So, honestly i disagree with a lot of your complaints, but that one was the weirdest to see.

Also i am not sure if this is true, but from what i remember there is actually more taking dick than giving dick content.

crushogre

Sep 2, 2015
Every sexable male in game so far:
Able,  Big T, Burt, Cameron, Dally, Dr. Khan, Fyn, Gene, Geoff, Godi, Herman, Ogram, Petr, Quenton, Semith, Vahn, Wetraxxel Brawler, Yancy, Naleen Male, Raskvel Male, Sydian Male, Zil Male

Potentialy Male:
Bess/Ben, Sex Bot

Has females in scene:
Byron McAllister

On loss:
Zaalt , Dane

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Every sexable male in game so far:
Able,  Big T, Burt, Cameron, Dally, Dr. Khan, Fyn, Gene, Geoff, Godi, Herman, Ogram, Petr, Quenton, Semith, Vahn, Wetraxxel Brawler, Yancy, Naleen Male, Raskvel Male, Sydian Male, Zil Male

Potentialy Male:
Bess/Ben, Sex Bot

Has females in scene:
Byron McAllister

On loss:
Zaalt , Dane

Ogram is only available in a threesome with Amma as well.

Reactions: superrainbow

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I mean, most of these points are misguided at best or otherwise wrong, really. I'm such Savin still has that chart of "characters in TiTs as defined by fur-levels and gender" that shows dudes and chick-dicks are on parity, while there isn't a hell of a lot of has-muzzle furries in the game. (Which wasn't brought up in this case, but often is.) Not a lot of characters are hyper, either, though the ones that are tend to have clown tits, not a thug dick. (I actually can only thing of the anubis furry one on ant-landia that's dick-hyper.)

The rest, re:perks and places of interest can be filed away under it's a work in progress, even Uveto - the place not tangibly ready yet - gets this treatment.

I am not lambasting you for making the post or anything, but unfortunately a fair amount of your complaints aren't... actually all that accurate? Some are, by all means. There could be more prevalent dudes, etc etc. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I feel that a lot of what OP said is based off of an amalgamation of the whole of TiTs and CoC into the easy to remember stereotype of "Hyper-furry dickgirl bonanza", which isn't necessarily wrong since those characters do exist, they just aren't all of the content available. The problem seems to be that said characters are usually front and center in terms of running into them, they stick out like a sore-thumb, which makes them more memorable than all the humans and males that don't fit that stereotype. I mean apart from the Rival most pure humans are shopkeeps that you quickly forget exist, and with most named male characters being on New Texas, you forget there are any if you don't visit that planet much at all. Myrellion being vastly more female and one of the few males available (Nyrean males) being cuntboys probably doesn't help counter that perception.

So in summation it seems the problem is not that the game lacks that content, but that that content (males and humans) kinda take a backseat to the main attractions, which makes people forget they exist at all.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'm such Savin still has that chart of "characters in TiTs as defined by fur-levels and gender" that shows dudes and chick-dicks are on parity

Fen brings that list up a lot as well, and if it is as I remember it is extremely specious. Sure, if you list every single person that has a name in this game guys come out about equal with futa, but that means one McAllister = one Kiro, one Your Dad =  one Syri. I'm willing to bet pretty much anything if you look at actual content guys are miiiiiiiiiiiiiiles behind futa.

Disregarding the oft-stated criticism that futa is over-represented in this game by loftily waving at a dodgy statistic is the kind of thing that gets people really worked up.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
To be fair, I doubt everyone on this forum wants Column A as equally as they want Column B.

And Kiro's already getting an x-pack, lol. Speaking of which I would love to know how she goes from pirate to crew member.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Speaking of which I would love to know how she goes from pirate to crew member.

It would goes that way: *Kiro slowly with steady steps throu airlock from her pirate ship into your ship* The End ^^

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Fen brings that list up a lot as well, and if it is as I remember it is extremely specious. Sure, if you list every single person that has a name in this game guys come out about equal with futa, but that means one McAllister = one Kiro, one Your Dad =  one Syri. I'm willing to bet pretty much anything if you look at actual content guys are miiiiiiiiiiiiiiles behind futa.

Disregarding the oft-stated criticism that futa is over-represented in this game by loftily waving at a dodgy statistic is the kind of thing that gets people really worked up.

Heh... Top by content amount (only counting above 100 KB):

No specific place:
Kiro (hyper horsecock furry) - 392 KB
Anno (female, follower content) - 239 KB
Saendra (female, with herm route) - 166 KB
Celise (feminine, nit sure if has gender) - 156 KB
Summary: females and dickgirls. Hyper horsecock furry herm on top of the list.

Mhen'ga:
Kelly (VERY hyper double horsecock herm furry) - 461 KB
Penny (furry, starts as a girl, but development is focused on becoming herm, optionally horsecocked, bimbofication fetish focus) - 414 KB
Syri (dickgirl) - 329 KB
Flahne (herm) - 166 KB
Zil (male) - 136 KB
Burt (male, horsecock) - 128 KB
Naleen (male) - 110 KB
Geoff (normal male human) - 88 KB, which is actually below threshold.
Summary: hyper horsecock herm furries on top of the list.

Tarkus:
Bess (no comments) - 760 KB
Lane (configurable, hypno mindbreak fetish focus) - 383 KB
Anno (female, local content only) - 333 KB
Shekka (female) - 219 KB
Goo Armor (feminine genderless) - 149 KB
Raskvel (males) - 139 KB
Goblin Pool (some male content included) - 120 KB
Raskvel (female) - 117 KB
Sexbots (can be male or female, one male specific scene on loss) - 101 KB
Summary: only one combat encounter with male content.

Myrellion:
Emmy (hyper herm furry) - 330 KB
Embry (MtF trans) - 238 KB
Lieve (Red Myr female, bimbofication/drugs fetish focus) - 223 KB
Myr deserters (females) -189 Kb (summary)
Shade (dommy female, incest) - 181 KB
Xanthe (dom female, bondage fetish) - 164 KB
Vi (robotic female) - 159 KB
Nyrea (dickgirls, oviposition fetish) - 142 KB
Fazian (AFAIK male, not checked out yet) - 142 KB
Bath house (females, exhibitionism, orgy) - 142 KB
Irellia (hyper fetish) - 142 KB
Ganraels (feminine, but apparently genderless goo) - 134 KB
Renvra (Myr/Nyrea halfbreed, dickgirl, oviposition fetish) - 129 KB
Kaede (dickgirl) - 123 KB
Gene (male, giant, hyper, dom, hypno fetish) - 122 KB
Fungal Myr (herm, parasite fetish) - 115 KB
Dally (male Myr) - 110 KB
Nehzara (female myr, drugs) - 104 KB
Summary: two males with a notable content amount, and  one  of them is very specific. Lots of dickgirls. Hyper herm furry on top of the list.

Uveto:
Nayna (horsecock herm furry) - 127 KB
Summary: Well, nothing to say here.

New Texas:
Gianna (robotic female, horsecock attachable) - 394 KB
Ellie (female cow/leithan girl, not sure if it counts, but close to hyper) - 127 KB
Millie (cowgirl) - 102 KB
Other content is below 100 KB.
Summary: sort of even with genders here, I'd say. Hyper and bimbofication fetishes all the way.

Tavros:
Sera (dom demon-morph, herm) - 353 KB
Reaha (cowgirl, AFAIK with planned dom dickgirl x-pack) - 230 KB
Inessa (sub butterfly girl) - 138 KB
Aliss (dickgirl) - 129 KB
Jade (female, breastplay fetish) - 111 KB
Terensha (herm, hyper, latex fetish) - 116 KB
Ceria (female) - 108 KB
Lerris (sub dickgirl, milk fetish) - 98 KB
Summary: females, herms and dickgirls all the way. Few males are below content amount thresold.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Or are we just far out on the fringes and less humans have travelled out this far?

The sorts of people willing to pack up everything and go to the fringes of the known universe are usually not the sorts of people with a strong attachment to social norms.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
This I can agree with, coming content updates do have a place and that is the only thing I didn't agree with in the OP's post. 

Also I like my C-cup girls, anything above DD gets damned dirty. 

I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about dev progress updates. I just don't know how a progress update would be considered useless, ever. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about dev progress updates. I just don't know how a progress update would be considered useless, ever. 

In fact I get nervous when there is /no/ updates, silly or not, for too long. I remember the days when Fen used to update pretty much every other day, and I was glad that there was so many updates, whether they brought anything or not it still was nice to know what was going on.

Holy statistics Batman!

Woah, I knew males were low, but damn son only 3 pure males make it past the 100KB mark? (Not counting Geoff since he was only as high as 88KB in the list)

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
Well to be fair, it's kind of natural that hermaphrodites, who have more sexual organs than anyone else, end up having more content than pure male or female characters in a porn game.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
*Cracks knuckles*

1) near everything is some type of trap shemale or dick girl whatever you wanna call it, point is not everything needs a dick

Reason: The major reasons why TiTs is filled with Z or Q kind of characters stem from a combination of: 1) The creators admitted likes and dislikes, and 2) the long list of Commissioners/Backers of the game who have already paid money to see Z or Q kind of content added to the game. The SOLUTION to this problem is to either: stop playing for a few months and come back to see if anything new has been added, write the content you want to see, or commission someone to write the content you want to see.

Otherwise: it's a free game and, frankly, you don't get to dictate the content without using your wallet.

2) all of these characters with dicks more or less replace all the males because there aren't many of of those either 

Reason: See above.

3) near every character is hyper, dooming anyone who doesn't want a 24 inch dick and double G tits. 

4) little to no male content, which kinda makes sense cause males would have a hard time finding a girl without a dick of her own in this universe, but also doesnt make sense because theres only been about 5 guys in the whole universe? 

5) not as many cool perks like in CoC (i must admit the myr perks are cool though), the bimbo body and bro body perks are an example of this, perks like buttslut only cater to hypers (sets your ass size to 20 no matter what you do, discussed here https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3507-mysterious-item-that-makes-butts-bigger/

Reason: No one has written this stuff in or thought to write it in as part of the TFs they've add to the game. Insofar as writing and coding this kind of stuff is involved, though: this kind of stuff is relatively A LOT EASIER TO DO on the part of content creators than creating a whole new NPC or the like. So, again and in other words: if you want to see this stuff, then make this stuff.

6) parasites don't feel like parasites (the tails), they are literally just tails that you can easily get with no downsides (considering you can literally let the dick vine merge with you with no fear)

Reason: because most people don't enjoy the thought of parasites and those that do want it added into the game haven't gone out of their way to write it. Most parasites would also be crippling debilitating to the PC unless they fuse to the body in such a way as to be symbiotic instead of parasitic.

7) there are few humans (as far as i know only your cousin is human) and you probably won't stay human, be it you fucked up and told dr badger you were a hero or eating a zil ration the first time

Reason: most content-creators are furries or fans of monstergirls. 

8) though there are many ways to change your character, there aren't many to really customize her/him/other to your liking easily without save scumming (changing colors with rainbotox) 

Reason: as I've said elsewhere on the forum, the game is called Trials in Tainted Space, with an emphasis on Trials. The entire way the lore is set up is that 99% of people in-universe only want to look like Z or Q thing, and not some horrifying amalgamation of things. Either that, or they're an alien species and already happy with how they look. You as a player don't get an easy way out, gameplay-wise, because the heart of the game is about exploring weird shit and having weird shit happen to you, not you getting your mad scientist on to easily get everything you want. (Also, the game is still in its infancy in terms of "where we're at in the story," so a thing like customizing everything about you would def. be regulated to end-game content.) (Also also: coding and writing something up that allows a person to "customize themselves to their liking" is a big fat pain in the ass.)

Tl;dr: Learn to use Minerva or the Save Editor if you're so in need of having a special snowflake PC.

9) there are no downsides to having gargantuan body parts as far as i  know

Reason: No one likes writing bad ends to TFs, really. (Though if your balls are too big I believe you can't move anymore.)

10) there are no perks/effects for some things listed in codex entries, such as the treatments oral fixation or the treatment being able to give you fuckable nipples, ruining the point of even having to read the codex entry to use it. 

Solution: write it. Like I said: that kind of stuff is easier to think up and write out than a full-blown NPC or something. (I do agree that there is a lack of nipple-fucking content, though.)

11) low will power has no use whatsoever,

Reason: \/\/illpower will undoubtedly affect psionic abilities -- of which a lot on content on Uveto-VII seems to involve.

12) caters to some fetishes (furries hypers and dickgirls everywhere) but completely shuts down other things.

Reason: See 1-5

13) for those who DO like hypers, there aren't many ways to increase sizes of tihngs other than your dick balls and boobs. (ass, hips, lips etc) 

Reason: I believe a TF was just submitted by Kitteh that addresses this. (Moreover, there are quite a few ways to increase the size of the things you mentioned in-game, besides. I don't get this complaint.)

14) game is genuinely easy most of the time, yet there is an easy mode, but no hard mode?

Reason: I think this is the most legitimate complaint you actually have, because I find most of the monsters designed for the game can be beaten by just mashing the attack button.

---

Honestly, I feel a lot of the problems you feel are negative aspects of TiTs are simply a matter of the game -- and don't take this the wrong way -- but the game isn't for you. Not really. Fen and co have made a product that caters to -- at times -- a very specific niche within the Furry, TF, and Monstergirl fandoms, and the people creating content for the game lean heavily toward what you see as filling 99% of the game itself. If you find that you don't enjoy that, or that you think the game should have Z or Q content it doesn't already have, well.

Either write it out yourself and hope it's good enough/simple enough to be added to the game, commission someone to do it for you, wait for the game to hopefully change to suit your unique desires more, or...play something else? Because I guarantee there's a higher chance of Trump becoming president than there is for TiTs and the people writing for it suddenly and magically changing overnight.

You and I have honestly been dealing with the same issue. You just have to realize you are a very very very very small part of a community that frankly doesn't give a shit about you or what you want to see in game. It's just how life is, you get used to it after a while. Believe me I'm tired of chicks with dicks 2/3 their hight, and are maybe purposely trying to make you develop an inferiority complex, and it's kinda Annoying no one else what's to commission or write anything other than. Even as a backer dude I feel like I'm just paying for early access to shit I don't really read or care about. If you're not into being a fem guy or having your girl be the guy then you're basically fucked. It's also like the females in this game are specifically made to be these free roaming sex addicts that see you as nothing more than a dick to ride, if they had their own dick they'd probably try to fuck you with it. 

TL;DR 

Just don't read the shit you don't like. I literally have only probably invested in roughly 3 or 4 characters the rest I hardly even care to read anything more than the appearance. 

Pronema

Jun 19, 2016
The sorts of people willing to pack up everything and go to the fringes of the known universe are usually not the sorts of people with a strong attachment to social norms.

That's sort of how I thought it worked and why I wrote it.  If more writers played with the idea that more than a few people came out to the fringes to get away from social expectations as a background it would work but may end up cheesy if every second encounter has that explanation.  A codex reference about how the fringes and less social control allow people from all races to sort of blend and accept sexuality may not be a bad thing.

I know, I feel the same as the guy below.  I get nervous, especially if I have backed a project like TiTS, Trap Quest, or Cursed.

In fact I get nervous when there is /no/ updates, silly or not, for too long. I remember the days when Fen used to update pretty much every other day, and I was glad that there was so many updates, whether they brought anything or not it still was nice to know what was going on.

Woah, I knew males were low, but damn son only 3 pure males make it past the 100KB mark? (Not counting Geoff since he was only as high as 88KB in the list)

Well to be fair, it's kind of natural that hermaphrodites, who have more sexual organs than anyone else, end up having more content than pure male or female characters in a porn game.

Especially for species that experience a rut or heat, kui-tan and ausar herms must have serious blue balls/bean issues if they go into heat and rut at the same time. :/

You and I have honestly been dealing with the same issue. You just have to realize you are a very very very very small part of a community that frankly doesn't give a shit about you or what you want to see in game. It's just how life is, you get used to it after a while. Believe me I'm tired of chicks with dicks 2/3 their hight, and are maybe purposely trying to make you develop an inferiority complex, and it's kinda Annoying no one else what's to commission or write anything other than. Even as a backer dude I feel like I'm just paying for early access to shit I don't really read or care about. If you're not into being a fem guy or having your girl be the guy then you're basically fucked. It's also like the females in this game are specifically made to be these free roaming sex addicts that see you as nothing more than a dick to ride, if they had their own dick they'd probably try to fuck you with it. 

TL;DR 

Just don't read the shit you don't like. I literally have only probably invested in roughly 3 or 4 characters the rest I hardly even care to read anything more than the appearance. 

I skip through a bunch of the scenes myself. I don't get me wrong I don't care that the game has developed the way it has or rather I think the writing as it is is great but it should be okay that I don't find some scenes or characters interesting and stating that aloud in this forum has traditionally garnered far more negative responses than when comparing to the way some have responded over the years, could be ironically construed as polite.  See below.

Gonna have to disagree on the meaning of the words "constructive," and "polite" as used here, along with "well-detailed," but I digress. Nothing about what I wrote was meant to be in ill-will or come off as sarcastic; a fact of the matter is that these complaints--specifically the ones about the game's content skewing Z or Q direction--have always been an issue for people going as far back as CoC. If you've been a fan of Fen and the games they make for any long amount of time, you know what their proclivities and attentions naturally draw toward. 

A) leaving projects that others have donated real money to get in the game to work on content you, specifically, enjoy, 

and B) use what little free time they have to, instead of writing things they personally want to see, instead write content that you feel addresses your specific wants and desires.

but I also know from experience that pointing these things out does absolutely nothing.

I'm also not going to touch the rest of your post--since I feel we disagree on the nature of TiTs as a game--outside of my telling you: insofar as hair and fur color, cock size and type, and now butt-related things, TiTs already allows you to personally customize several aspects of the aforementioned without having to save and reload for "just the right transformation."

TiTS doesn't always cater to my specific fetishes but I never really have had an issue with that, after all everybody has different tastes.  If someone writes a review and points out that certain content is lacking I have never been offended nor have I felt the need to start a post with a, "*cracks knuckles*," as long as the OP remains constructive I would think that content creators including Fenoxo, Savin, and Gedan, don't feel the need to have another individual reply to the thread for the specific purpose of trashing the OP's opinion, because when it comes right down to it, that's all a review is, personal opinion, and there isn't a need to attempt to aggressively drive  people that point out "these things" out off.  

How do you as an individual who has nothing to do with the current content creation in the game know if Fenoxo, Gedan, Savin, or others writers haven't browsed these threads and said to themselves, 'huh, you know, I might write this or that scene or expand on that content if someone mentions that they like Penny, Anno or one of the ant queens (I mention these because all of them seem to have an active fan base.) 

Again contrary to your opinion, four separate creators have posted in this thread alone and viewed what you have said is essentially a worthless waste of time to post.  Besides you yourself have posted in the ideas forum and seem interested in creating some content yourself.  Why drive away someone that may share some interests and may one day appreciate or enjoy something you wrote?

Also to be fair to you, your post isn't extremely rude and to be frank, is pretty mild as a response, there isn't any rabid fanboyism or hateful trashing of the OP.  If anything you may be frustrated over some of the same things and want to create some content yourself because you also feel some things are missing. Ala, you saying you know from experience leads me to believe you may have posted a review yourself at one point and may have also asked about expanded content in one direction or another.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
as long as the OP remains constructive I would think that content creators including Fenoxo, Savin, and Gedan, don't feel the need to have another individual reply to the thread for the specific purpose of trashing the OP's opinion, because when it comes right down to it, that's all a review is, personal opinion, and there isn't a need to attempt to aggressively drive  people that point out "these things" off.

I've thought about posting in here a couple of times, but basically: this. 

I -- and you all -- can agree or disagree with a review, but ultimately it's a subjective expression of opinion. One, in this case, possibly made with the intent to attempt to change a thing OP cares about enough to bother writing his thoughts down into something he enjoys more, which is fine. As long as someone's review or critique of the game isn't made in a dickish way, they're welcome to their opinions. And we do listen. 

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
I've thought about posting in here a couple of times, but basically: this. 

I -- and you all -- can agree or disagree with a review, but ultimately it's a subjective expression of opinion. One, in this case, possibly made with the intent to attempt to change a thing OP cares about enough to bother writing his thoughts down into something he enjoys more, which is fine. As long as someone's review or critique of the game isn't made in a dickish way, they're welcome to their opinions. And we do listen. 

I'm responding to all of this late but i stayed up way too long and ended up going crazy and crazy me had nothing else to do so he posted on the forums. this list has some things i regret putting on it and i probably should have went to sleep before writing it, but thanks to everyone that replied :) :)   :^) 

M

MateMint

I looked at: 7) there are few humans (as far as i know only your cousin is human) and you probably won't stay human, be it you fucked up and told dr badger you were a hero or eating a zil ration the first time.

If I had to answer this with the game's story in mind, I'd say it's because the player is on rush planets (outer-rim).Terrans/Humans already have planets in the Terran-Space Coalition. So they would have minor reasons to go in bulk to new places. Only guys like Daddy Steele has reasons to do this due to his work. Most normal dudes, girl-dudes or girls got lives, families and girl on girl-dude action on their own planets.

Last edited:

Ikorus

Mar 6, 2016
Yeah there's a lot of stuff I don't care for, but I put up with it because it makes the stuff I do like, which is very well written, stand out all the more. Like the orgy at McAllister's place, as either gender (haven't tried it as a herm because sorry but i'm just not into herms) aawwwww yiss.

but ultimately im an ocd completionist, and a sucker for certain kinds of fetishes which while not necessarily supported by all the hyper/herm/etc stuff isn't completely incompatible. like exhibitionism. kind of a shame syri only counts as "light" exhibitionism considering your banging in front of a cheering crowd, because i like her much more than flahn or the laquine. and i love the exhibitionist type clothes like the o.collar or the p.w.suit from the big green chick. (p.w.+underbust corset+zip pouch=max possible exposure while fully equipped. need a fully exposed underwear bottom guys!). so basically that means that i give everything its fair shake since im trying to suss out all the content (and its tangible mechanical benefits, of which there are some) that i possibly can. and most of it is well written. some of the hyper is even fairly ignorable or downright enjoyable if you turn off busts (seriously some of them, especially the gold myr, are a bit insane).

its just that not much of it will be particularly fappable, at least to me. but tbh i enjoy tits more as a proper text based rpg than i do as a smut game anyway. its remarkably solid on the Actual LoreTM front, which makes me care all the more for the few scenes i do find sexy since im more invested in things to begin with, and mechanically while it can easily get TOO easy, theres enough depth to keep me happy. and say what you will about the rest of the game but even with some of the best equips available in the game karaquest2 is bloody HARD. hopefully if theres a karaquest3 there wont be any more "kara vs black void" though. i would hate to have to choose between her and shade...the whole kinda-incest thing isnt really a big deal when you consider that only about 20% of the known galaxy DOESN'T have some of victor steele's DNA. you were screwed from the start if that's going to bug you. fingers crossed on getting to bang her daughter on uveto

ah...this probably came out kind of rambly, so ill try and figure out a TLDR. lets try...

"The content is good enough to forgive the fact that, at least for now, TiTS isn't exactly being written with tastes beyond certain specific fetishes in mind. It's fairly safe to assume that more variety will come in time, especially the tamer - relatively speaking - stuff as long as we continually remind them that the market for it does exist and those of us who are able write or fund some of its more immediate presence in the meantime."

To be fair, I can do neither of these things so my words probably count only as so much wind, but there you have it.

ShadowKing042

Jun 9, 2016
Males hell there aren't many girls without dicks and/or ovipositioners and if you find one without all that they probably either won't let you fuck them in their vagina or are in an open relationship with a girl who has a dick or ovipositioner

The game needs more youkai and less furries

A little sexual variety would be amazing I get tired of screwing each character one way only because that is how many vaginal options they have

I don't like that the only gyrvian npc you can fuck is a hermaphrodite and you can't even really fuck them because they are in a latex body suit

I would also love the ability to knock up Tam and Captain Khorgahn or anyone else for that matter

Also is it to much to ask for some girls with Busts that are larger than an a cup and less than a g cup

Also I have yet to see a single kitsune npc

Status
Not open for further replies.