Resisting Vark

KiWolfGirl

Nov 30, 2015
The wiki states that there's a Punished for Teasing scene after Vark collars you, but I never get the chance to leave the cave after being collared. I tried with low & high lust. Is there an unseen chance or am I doing something wrong?

I have multiple saves so I tried one where he forced it on to begin with and another where I accepted it first ask. It also states you can reset the progress by refusing sex but again no choice for me.

KiWolfGirl

Nov 30, 2015
Really hoping for some kind of update on this, still have not been able to find any kind of way to resist. "Leave" and "Question him" are always grayed out.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
You should be able to leave after being collared. You can only do the Punishment scene once. Afterward the Leave option is greyed out and each time you enter you will continue to progress to the Bad End, because leaving without sex is the only way to reset the counter.

If this does not match your experience, you can try uploading a Save File for us to look at.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

It's possible there's supposed to be, but it got hooked up wrong. Vark's GitHub page if you (or anyone else) wants to try to figure out what's going on.
I was already looking at that to come up with an answer when you posted that. The GitHub is six months out of date, but I doubt Vark's contents have been touched in that time.
Really hoping for some kind of update on this, still have not been able to find any kind of way to resist. "Leave" and "Question him" are always grayed out.
The Leave button is only disabled if he's already punished you for teasing (i.e. you've already seen the scene you're looking for), and the Question Him button is disabled after taking that option but is re-enabled after getting collared.

To get the punishment scene for leaving, you'll need to leave without fucking him three times in a row, regardless of if you've been collared or not, and it'll trigger on the third time. If you're sure you haven't seen that scene before, go to the room outside his cave. If you have seen that scene, then there'll be text to the effect that you won't have the option to leave: either
After {another/a} brief pause you remember that you won’t have a choice in whether or not he punishes you after the way you roused him to act.
or
You bite your lip, knowing that if you go in, Master will have his way with you.
If that text doesn't show, you should still be able to leave; if you still can't, then it must be a bug that's been introduced since the GitHub was last updated. If it does show, the only way to be able to leave (and thus access that scene) is to save edit the flag VARK_PUNISHED to undefined (in TiTsEd, this means selecting the flag, then clicking the red X at the top of the flag list).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Tried it in 0.8.057 (last December) and 0.8.098. The progression seems to work as intended in both.

What version are you on KiWolfGirl?

Last edited:

KiWolfGirl

Nov 30, 2015
So you can only see one version of the punish scene and the other is locked out then? The Wiki says non-collared punish is a face sitting and collared punish is a face hump and I'm pretty sure I saw the scene before getting collared, so I guess that locks me out from seeing the collared version. The wiki words it in a way that implies you can just keep redoing the loop by resetting the count if you talk to him without sex, but I guess eventually you're locked into a bad end since only option I now have is sex.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
So you can only see one version of the punish scene and the other is locked out then? The Wiki says non-collared punish is a face sitting and collared punish is a face hump and I'm pretty sure I saw the scene before getting collared, so I guess that locks me out from seeing the collared version. The wiki words it in a way that implies you can just keep redoing the loop by resetting the count if you talk to him without sex, but I guess eventually you're locked into a bad end since only option I now have is sex.
I don't know for sure how it was coded, but the punishment scene is only supposed to happen once, so I assume that means only one version can occur.

TheShepard256

So you can only see one version of the punish scene and the other is locked out then? The Wiki says non-collared punish is a face sitting and collared punish is a face hump and I'm pretty sure I saw the scene before getting collared, so I guess that locks me out from seeing the collared version.
I don't know for sure how it was coded, but the punishment scene is only supposed to happen once, so I assume that means only one version can occur.
Correct. Also, KiWolf, meet Vark's author.
The wiki words it in a way that implies you can just keep redoing the loop by resetting the count if you talk to him without sex, but I guess eventually you're locked into a bad end since only option I now have is sex.
The wiki isn't always accurate. What really happens is that leaving without sex resets the flag VARK_COLLAR_IN_A_ROW, which tracks how may times in a row the PC has had sex with Vark while collared. On the second time in a row, the flag will reset and he'll offer the Bad End; if he makes the offer twice, he'll force it on the next time regardless of that flag's value. The only way to repeatedly have sex with Vark without getting the Bad End is thus: get collared by him, then alternate between having sex with him once and leaving without sex once or twice. Anyone who gets punished by him (and thus no longer has the option to leave) will thus eventually either get the Bad End if they keep having sex with Vark, or be locked out of his content if they refuse the collar when he forces it upon them.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
When and if I finish his expansion (I've been on a long hiatus because of another project, I think I might get back to it quite soon) you'll be able to remove the collar in general to extend the content a lot, among other things.

Reactions: KiWolfGirl

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
What I usually do since I have three wombs to fill is:
Approach Vark and leave without sex, then return and have sex and then repeat this until done.