reporting jasvalla to riya

Soulsbane

Aug 24, 2018
not sure if its on the pile or not, been through like 10 pages of bug reports but theres no button to report jasvalla to riya, only figured to report this since it supposed to be also i think it's been like that since she was put in for backers

Attachments

• ava (F) - 8Hrs 57Mins, 1618 Days - Tavros Station, Kalas.json
    693.1 KB · Views: 3

DelaniZerr

Apr 3, 2022
Likewise, when talking to Riya, I had no option to report Jasvalla to Riya. Onlt talk option was the default one.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
not sure if its on the pile or not, been through like 10 pages of bug reports but theres no button to report jasvalla to riya, only figured to report this since it supposed to be also i think it's been like that since she was put in for backers

Maybe it is that you need to get addicted first, then go to Riya? Jasvalla's cum bubble with the note seems to support that you don't get to know where Jasvalla lives until you submit to her. Maybe Riya needs that first?

Edit: No, doesn't seem to be the case... definitely must be a bug then. Good thing you found this too, I was planning to do Riya arresting her next in my playthrough. At least the Penny one works.

Last edited:

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
I tried being addicted or just mildly dosed and going to Riya as nonhuman and as 100% human (because I would totally buy her just laughing and refusing to help nonhuman Steele). If there's supposed to be an option to talk about Jasvalla with her, I don't see it.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
We discussed adding this as an immediate gtfo option but never actually pulled the rigger. The "relevant authorities" in this case is Penny. It's likely to come up in the meeting this week so we'll see, but it's not actually a thing that is missing/bugged at present.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I'm hoping Riya gets a gtfo variant, expesially if Franks writes it. Penny's resolution is extremely anticlimactic to a horrendously awkward situation, Riya's style is a much better option for closing the door when opting out of this content.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
We discussed adding this as an immediate gtfo option but never actually pulled the rigger. The "relevant authorities" in this case is Penny. It's likely to come up in the meeting this week so we'll see, but it's not actually a thing that is missing/bugged at present.
That's genuinely a missed opportunity. Since Riya is supposed to be a high-ranking UGC individual, and a racist, watching her put that creep in her place would be an interesting thing to watch since she mainly arrests humans.

Also, this still counts as a bug, because the in-game tooltip says that there is another option besides Penny, so the tooltip as a result needs to be clarified better by not implying such an option.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Lemme break it down:

We discussed using Riya as a secondary option instead of Penny.

The desire was communicated to Nonesuch, who then wrote the support for it.

Nonesuch wrote it as a secondary version of the same system that Penny already gave you; "Here's the drone, go do a fight."

We didn't immediately add it because we decided to play out the community feelings a bit longer and see how some rebalancing worked out.

Now that we've had a few more weeks, we discussed it in today's meeting and decided that rather tha Riya offering the same path as Penny, we're going to rope together a version of Riya immediately sorting the problem to provide an instant and somewhat befitting option for "No thanks, I'm absolutely not interested in this". What Zavos said is basically my immediate thought when we initially discussed this weeks ago; the characterization at play affords a potentially extra-judicial pathway that can be kept mostly offscreen and serve predominantly as a gateway to avoid the content without having to engage with Jasvalla at all for those who absolutely do not want it.

I alluded to this in one of the blogposts; Jasvalla falls into a very marmite-like bracket where some people will absolutely love it and some people will absolutely refuse to have anything to do with it, in a way beyond any other "loss to a generic NPC" evokes but is difficult to quantify ahead of time - it's a very you know it when you see it kinda thing.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I threw together a thing earlier for the council's consideration.
The main motivator behind this is that Penny talks up Jasvalla's legal protection making her untouchable, which makes opting out of her reeeeallly anticlimactic, somehow both establishing and ignoring plot armor in the same scene. Providing a plausible explanation for her being able to be taken down is at this point as much a point to be addressed as signposting how to opt out of her content.

Reactions: Skylar17

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
I threw together a thing earlier for the council's consideration.
The main motivator behind this is that Penny talks up Jasvalla's legal protection making her untouchable, which makes opting out of her reeeeallly anticlimactic, somehow both establishing and ignoring plot armor in the same scene. Providing a plausible explanation for her being able to be taken down is at this point as much a point to be addressed as signposting how to opt out of her content.
I personally think that this is unnecessary as an email, since I would assume most of the community here is full of adults who can do what 90% of 12 year olds can also do: Head to cop, report her to cop, and go from there.

However, I do like the added touch that the company will allow you to fuck over Jasvalla if you were so inclined to. It would serve as a definitive sigh of relief that Jasvalla wouldn't get out of the bind you got her in.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
Lemme break it down:

We discussed using Riya as a secondary option instead of Penny.

The desire was communicated to Nonesuch, who then wrote the support for it.

Nonesuch wrote it as a secondary version of the same system that Penny already gave you; "Here's the drone, go do a fight."

We didn't immediately add it because we decided to play out the community feelings a bit longer and see how some rebalancing worked out.

Now that we've had a few more weeks, we discussed it in today's meeting and decided that rather tha Riya offering the same path as Penny, we're going to rope together a version of Riya immediately sorting the problem to provide an instant and somewhat befitting option for "No thanks, I'm absolutely not interested in this". What Zavos said is basically my immediate thought when we initially discussed this weeks ago; the characterization at play affords a potentially extra-judicial pathway that can be kept mostly offscreen and serve predominantly as a gateway to avoid the content without having to engage with Jasvalla at all for those who absolutely do not want it.

I alluded to this in one of the blogposts; Jasvalla falls into a very marmite-like bracket where some people will absolutely love it and some people will absolutely refuse to have anything to do with it, in a way beyond any other "loss to a generic NPC" evokes but is difficult to quantify ahead of time - it's a very you know it when you see it kinda thing.
Personally, I'd just like an option to murk Jasvalla in unique ways instead of arrest her.

Now granted, a lot of characters in the game don't need murking, and I can get behind that. However, the ones we are able to murk either don't deserve it, or deserve it respectively.

Take for instance Zaalt. Potentially first Milo you meet in the game, he gets fucked over by his implant and "attempts"(he actually decides to rape in the event you somehow lose instead, only to regain his senses afterwards) to kill you. You can either turn him in, kill him for a pointless Electrified Shock Blade, or just let him live. Then you have the ending of KiroQ2, where you can murk Doctor Po. Then you have the Vanae, which while you definitely don't need to murk, keep going on as if you'll kill them instead of fuck them, which is weird since you basically never get the option. The Cyber Punks keep talking about how if you kill one of them, the rest will begin to swarm the area in search of you. Only half of these you have actual kill options.

So I have to ask: Why can't we have short sentences/variant options for a Steele that's more bloodshed inclined? With so much mention of murder (and a scrapped bad end where we somehow manage to murder everything in the galaxy), why not just add a scumbag to our pile of potential corpses? I don't see a reason as to why not.

I'll write a bit about it after I see if there's a reason as to why some of this stuff cannot happen, save for the few written bits about it.

Last edited:

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I gave Will some feedback about this a few weeks ago that comes close to articulating what I've always felt about this:

I think putting death in the game at all is a bad call in the sense that you the player are personally involved in meteing it out, or generally being on the receiving end of it. At a higher level, from the perspective of impersonal, "it's just a statistic" thing I think it's still iffy but understandable from the view of presenting a real world.

I don't think its appropriate for the entire rest of the games content for the player to have their hand on the trigger and faced with the immediate result- you're going from cooly executing a bad guy one second, and three steps later you can be balls deep in the nearest chipper bimbo; the tonal shift is utter whiplash, and I don't think there is any way to successfully resolve the shift from "horrors of death and finality" to "squealing like a stuck pig and cumming your brains out" in that short a span of time.

I think every instance of actual player death we have has been an understandable, if misguided, choice that shouldn't have been taken, but that choice was made long before I had any say in the comings and goings of the games content. If you asked me what I would do for my own Developer's Cut like version of the game, one of my first decisions would be to rework and/or remove every instance of the player being killed and sift out all of the mentions of the reverse that have crept in over time.

This isn't to say I think it's impossible to have death and sex in the same game; I think it just doesn't work here, where the overwhelming majority of characters you meet are explicitly written to get down and dirty approximately 0.7 seconds after first meeting them, and that stems from the depths of most of our character and interpersonal development between the player and them essentially a game of use their talk scenes 7 times and now they will fuck you because that makes you their friend.

I suspect many of the references you've picked up across the game have been remnants of options that were removed during implementation.

Ultimately though, I am not the arbiter of what content goes in, that's down to Fen.

Reactions: Skylar17

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
I gave Will some feedback about this a few weeks ago that comes close to articulating what I've always felt about this:

I suspect many of the references you've picked up across the game have been remnants of options that were removed during implementation.

Ultimately though, I am not the arbiter of what content goes in, that's down to Fen.
While I do understand the criticism of it being a weird tonal shift, I feel as if that's still ignoring much of the fact that we as the player, either unintentionally or intentionally, can cause mass genocide on several different circumstances, and do some really degrading slavery of their own. KaraQuest 2 allows the player to intentionally(It might as well be since anyone send Myrellion into modern day nuclear warfare after immediately killing hundreds if not thousands of Void soldiers, which basically means the death of a planet, and potentially the many bearers/sires there as well. Yet the PC gives no indication of even acknowledging this; the only reference that is given is when you do Nastizia's quest, where she mentions the destruction of Tarkus/Myrellion, the latter of which you are definitely responsible for, even if slightly indirectly.

You can still kill Zaalt and Doctor Po. These are not remnants of options, they have been here for as long as both characters were implemented. Even in the Flash version they are there. The Frostwyrm also counts as another killing of an innocent sapient, but the player's character doesn't necessarily know that since the lore on them is purposely blank, so I'd say only if you saw Steph Irson's final episode as of this patch that it'd count.

The "Killing Vanae" bit has been there since around the beginning of the game, back when the player couldn't leave Mhen'ga. I recall playing the earliest versions on the recently dead comdotgame site back when I was a teenager who didn't care enough about the whole 18+ thing, and kept getting confused as to why the Vanae kept freaking out when it was obvious I had no intentions of killing them, much less an option. It was a cute lead-in to the actual sex of course, but then it just got annoying, especially since the Vanae basically never got expanded, which at this rate I might actually do myself because I frankly want to see some more classic content put in instead of furries and scalies galore(no offense to you guys, love the stuff, but it is almost as if skin and tentacles is a crime here.).

Regardless, thanks for informing me. I'm gonna write up a general kill doc regarding Jasvalla now.

Edit: Done.

Last edited: