Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
promo_itchio.png
Overview:
Town of Magic is a Free Adventure RPG about Celica, a young mage in training, and her magical and erotic adventures in the magical town of Agranor.
In this adventure, you decide where to go and what to do. It also features a pixel art animated battle system!

Developer: Deimus
Version: 0.67.010
Language: English
Genre:
Possession, Monster, Monster Girls, Tentacles, Clothes ripping, Combat struggle, Yuri/lesbian, masturbation, tentacles, Mind Control. Fantasy. Female Protagonist

How to install:
Extract using WinRAR/7ZIP or similar, and play!

MAPWORLD.png%22

Story Synopsis

You control a girl of mysterious origin named Celica. She has just arrived in the magical town of Agnaror to train to become a mage.
Upon arriving in town, you'll be greeted by members of a mage guild called "The Red Phoenix Guild." They will help you train and provide you with knowledge in the arts of magic.
Weirdly enough, you'll soon find out that the monsters are sexually attracted to you. But, of course, it could be something that has to do with Celica's past.
You will also meet interesting characters with questionable morals and intentions. Some of whom you'll become friends with. Some, something more...
In the magical town of Agnaror, things are not always as they seem. The town has a long history filled with battles against demons.
While on a mission, you'll meet a strange ghost. Little did Celica know that this ghost would change her life forever!

MAPWORLD1.png

Gameplay and Features

An adventure game combining visual novel and RPG elements!

Our game has a rich story and interesting characters. It also features a "level up" system, equipment to find, and skills to learn.

possession.gif

Form Bonds and Relationships – Meet new people and form relationships that help you along your quest. The way you behave towards them will affect their relationship with you. Some may help you throughout your adventure and during battles.

relationships.png

Discovery and Exploration – Decide where you go and what to do! Then, explore the town, and discover new locations and events during your adventure.

map.gif

Learn to possess characters - Later in the game, you'll also be able to possess and control various characters.

possession2.gif

Change outfits - The game features lots of outfits to choose from. Change Celicas's style to one that suits your taste.

clothes.gif

Gorgeous Graphics, Full Animations – Experience impressive pixel art during battle, events, and sex scenes.

pussyfuck.gif

Battle Mode – Outside town, you can test your magic on various monsters in battle. Be careful, though; some of them will try to have their way with you in combat!

battle.gif

Collect Magic Items and Equipment – Discover hidden items and equipment that give various benefits in events and battles. Some of them may even change your character's appearance!

titplay.gif
Multiple Status Ailments – Instill status ailments such as poison, paralysis, petrification, and more! But be careful, as enemies may do the same and leave you exposed!

tentacle.gif
Dynamic Day and Night – Time passes with every event and everything you do. Different events happen at different hours!

Combine and Create New Items – Use alchemy formulae to combine items and craft magic potions to aid you!

Learn multiple magic spells – Discover and learn different magic spells that will help you during your quest and in battle!

Level Up Skills and Abilities – Strengthen your magic as you level up. Learn new skills from equipment that will help you!

Town_of_Magic6.png
MAPWORLD2.png

Some of the early Characters in the game:

CHAR-celica.png

Celica​

CHAR-galiene.png

Galiene​

CHAR-bert.png

Bert​

CHAR-evie.png

Evie​

CHAR-edgar.png

Edgar​

CHAR-ghost.png

The "mysterious" ghost

CHAR-demoness.png

Demoness

Download and Support the Project:

Build Release: Version 0.67.010
  • Bugfixes and Code optimizations
  • Added new clothing variation for a character (Kitsune bath)
  • New Cloth Set Added
  • Updated character Art
  • New Sex Scene Added
  • QoL improvements
  • Updated Cephrina's battle moves
  • 2 New Enemies Added
  • 4 New Locations Added
  • 5 New Characters Added
  • Updated a World area Art
  • New Ally Added
  • 8 New Events Added
  • Increased Level Cap to 90
  • Updated Location BG Art
  • New Cloth Top and Bottom added.

MAPWORLD_patreon.png

Last edited:

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.58.004
  • Level Cap Increased to 70
  • New Enemy
  • 4 New Locations, New World
  • 3 New cloth parts
  • 5+ New items and Skills
  • New Shop
  • New magic Spell
  • New Main Events + Events for the Slimegirl and Nel
  • Nel takes Evie with her when battling
  • New attribute Cooldown
  • The alchemy attribute is moved to the Alchemy page
  • Enemy Spider will now climax
  • Update Tailor GUI
  • Add Tutorial messages
  • Code optimization and improvements

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
I originally saw this on itch.io but once it got posted here, I decided to take a look at it. It was a good decision. These kinds of Ren'py combat games can be hit or miss if you pardon the pun.

This game can be a little challenging to get a grip on how to advance the character or interact with the NPC's. That is both a strength and a weakness. I would say that if you are into Mature themed games for a quick fix, this isn't the game for you. You actually have to work at developing the character and unlocking the various perks and abilities.

In fact, if you find some external look-up resources you can work your way through the game with relative ease, but where's the fun in that? I'd suggest to make your first pass at the game completely oblivious to anything but the game. You'll either figure it out or be a bit confused. If the latter, hit the on-line resources.

Like all these kinds of games, it can get a bit repetitive going in loops until you meet some level of change. If you keep doing the same thing over and over and don't get anywhere, I strongly suggest trying something crazy in this game and it will likely bear fruit... be sure to save first!

The NPC's are well done for fast interactions, but don't help as much, sometimes their hints are a little too cryptic. The fortune teller can be your best friend in that area but she's intentionally cryptic.

The monsters are a little 'trope' for the genre and I would've liked to have seen a little more sensibility in the encounters, especially in the later parts of the game when you are levelled up. They have a little bit of the old D&D style of wandering monster feel to them as currently implemented. It's like if a level 70 mage keeps running into a party of normal (albeit horny) kobolds. In D&D you just give the DM an asking glance and move on leaving a pile of ashed corpses behind you. Here, you have to slog your way through them and because of the level difference, you get little treasure of merit.

My only other wish is that the future expansion area of the game was labelled as such. There are places where things are clearly going to go but spending time trying to get there (which I did a lot of thinking I was missing something) was just wasted because the area wasn't even in the game yet. You should be able to click on the area once you uncover it and it should say something like "The mists of time have forbidden you from seeing this area until the developers part them."

Other than those two minor issues, I really enjoyed the game and felt like I was working with the character to advance. That, to me, is the hallmark of a good game, Mature themed or otherwise. If you can get lost for several hours with a main character you like (created by you or intrinsic to the game) then the developers have done a good job.

This is among the best games of this genre I have played.

There is one thing that doesn't make a whole lotta sense and since it can impact a first time player I'm putting this under the spoiler tag. I think it has been mentioned elsewhere but something so obvious needs to be mentioned again:

When in a party, the PC is the ONLY character attacked in a 'lewd' fashion. This implies two things: The NPC's don't have a lewdness stat, however in conversation some can progressively become more like that, in essence mocking a lewd stat. The second thing is that the NPC's sometimes act as if the PC can somehow magically 'break their bonds' even if they are struggling. This means that the NPC's are situationally unaware and are just pulling dialog from a comment list in a random fashion.

Both of those conditions are a huge miss of a chance to have a far better program. If the NPC's were gifted with the same kind of stats the PC had, and they had different action/reaction opportunities depending on their own stats, you could have a much more interesting set of encounters between the PC's, the NPC's and even with the monsters. Something that might take about 16-25 hours of coding could dramatically improve the 'awareness' of the game. I realize it would take longer to add the artwork and textual changes, but the functionality could be there relatively easily.

The NPC's in the party should be able to suffer the same effects as the PC.

Last edited:

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
New version out:

Public Build Release: Version 0.59.004
  • New Enemy
  • New Locations, New World
  • New magic Spell
  • New Main Events + Events for the Demoness and Evie
  • Galiene now frees you from grabs
  • List of Items for Fusion
  • Continue after the Gameover screen

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Public Build Release: Version 0.60.006
  • 2 New Enemies
  • 3 New Locations
  • New magic Spell
  • New Events for Nel, Selena, Galiene, and a new character
  • New Cloth piece
  • More than six new items
  • Demoness will spank you if you repeatedly win against her after signing a contract.
  • Code optimization and improvements

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.61.015
- Added a New World Map
- Updated the code to allow NPCs to wear different clothes
- Added extra options for the game's graphics settings
- New Characters
- New World Maps
- New Events
- Added a delete button for the saves
- Built a screen menu and added an item for passing the game's time
- Added an option to surrender battles for enemy characters
- New Locations
- Added Cursed Item and skills
- Code optimization and improvements
- Added Gallery Mode
- Extra clothes for an NPC
- Added New Enemy
- Added new Clothes
- Added new game mechanic
- Nel on high affinity will use energy potions to extend battles

You can load saves from the previous game versions to continue your game.
Save file locations are found in the following directories.

Windows: %APPDATA%/RenPy/TownOfMagic
Example: C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TownOfMagic

MacOS:
library/RenPy/TownOfMagic/

Linux:
~/.renpy/TownOfMagic

Android: Phone\Android\data\www.townofmagic.com\files\saves

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
The latest updates have included some really nicely done events and story continuation. There is some seriousness but much of it is quite amusing and well done.

I continue to recommend this game as a really good one for using Combat in Ren'py with affected story involvement.

There is still a 'grindy' aspect to some goals using the combat system, a pain, but liveable.

There is also no improvement on NPC combat, in fact in some ways it's worse. If Celica is at full health with an NPC in her party and she is accosted by an enemy that doesn't do physical damage to her but has 'fun' with her, the NPC just stands there, doesn't attack, doesn't help, doesn't say anything. I half expected them to take out a nail file and start working on their nails while Celica gets molested... a comment like "Let me know when you're done playing with that thing... I can wait." It's really kind of funny and sad at the same time! Nice to see that code got added to allow NPC's to wear different clothing, I hope this is a pre-cursor to letting them suffer at the hands of the critters like Celica does.

I've run across a few minor bugs, but until I can get them to 'repeat' and notice a pattern, I can't really report them. Mostly just places where the code appears to freeze but it helped along by a tap of the spacebar or click of a mouse... like the code is waiting for something to execute or be input. I'll say more when I have more to report.

Both the Selena story and Pirate Captain arcs seem to 'stop short' of their intended relationship bar levels. This is different than earlier versions where the bars stopped at an almost full bar with no more to go, kind of signaling that you are done with that relationship for a while. I haven't been able to find any more clues on where to start the hunt for Selena's disappearance or go beyond some initial 'fun' with the Pirate Captain's possessed body. Those both have more bars to go and it implies that there is more there to have, but try as I might, I find nothing anywhere and the 'hint' folks (Fortune Teller, Barkeep) are of no help, so I assume those arcs are halted for now... the relationship bars should match that if it's true.

Other than those issues noted, it's a good set of updates from my last post here and still a good game.

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.62.011
- Updated Game Engine to Ren'Py 8.0.1
- Damage values are displayed on enemies
- Added 9 New Locations
- Improved Fortuneteller's relationship reading
- Revised XP gains for weak allies
- Magnified Skills and Relations for Big Buttons setting.
- GUI Code improvements
- Added New Enemy
- New Sex Events
- 7 New Events
- Added variation images for six existing characters
- New Characters
- Added a New World Map
- Increased Level Cap to 80
- Added Party Member Viewer
---------------------------------------------------------------

MacOS: library/RenPy/TownOfMagic/

Linux: ~/.renpy/TownOfMagic

If a save loading does not work, try loading a save from the Q section of the loading screen.

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
I just happened upon this latest update and gave it a whirl...

Just FYI, all my posts are directed to the public version, which is the most likely one to be used, but it also means they are ONE BACK from the Patreon version, so it'll just go to show you that there are benefits to the Patreon version.

Several of the things I commented on previously in posts have been somewhat addressed in this latest public release (which means they were addressed in the Patreon release at the time of my last post.)

• I'm not seeing the freeze ups anymore. That seems to have been dealt with.
• Galene DOES have a skill (a kind of whack over the head motion) that keeps Celica from being entrapped & molested (most of the time) by enemies. It's been 100% perfect when she uses it, but she's slow enough that it's possible some faster/off timed enemies can get in a turn on Celica before she can act. Evie has no ability or inclination to try to stop such activity, so the aforementioned NPC behavior still happens if she's the only one with Celica in the party.
• The relationship bars now work correctly through the event cycling to advance to the next level, before they kind of stuck or the event didn't trigger. So you can now take Capt. Ceres and Galene to their max level.

I'm hoping to see more consistent combat content when Celica is possessing a person, the NPC is treated like an NPC and not like Celica even though her stats remain the same during possession. The same horny critters should still be horny, not just combat oriented. There is likely a coding and artwork issue here but I'm sure it will be overcome soon.

There is also no advancement on the Selena story arc in this update, it's still stuck where it was.

There is some advancement with Edgar though, not much.

The new area is really good for advancing all 3 girls, take all of them to go exploring, having Galene/Ceres along with Evie really lets you grind out the levels (theirs and yours) faster than I've seen, I think it's because the enemies don't launch grapple attacks and are physical only sorts, but they are tanks and suck up damage!

All in all, this was a really good update, a lot of added play time along with a great deal of added content. I found the new content very amusing and still keeps me looking forward to the next version. Nice job Deimus!

Oh, a quick edit (addition): It's nice to see dev(s) that recognize when replay-able scenes can be worked back into a story. I was pleasantly surprised when a scene with an NPC was replayed where it was only one solo scene before. Now it appears that two different scenes can work in the same situation. I hope more of this kind of behavior will be used in the game in the future. Most games relegate this to a 'gallery' or something.

Last edited:

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.63.013
- Updated Game Engine to Ren'Py 8.0.3
- Code Improvements
- New footwear added
- New Clothpiece added
- New Erotic Scene
- Added 6 New Events
- Added 6 New Characters
- Added 4 New Locations
- Added 1 item in the accessories shop and 1 item in the Pawnshop
- Added 2 Cursed Items
- Updated Celica's images to allow different hairstyles.
- Added new option settings for performance
- Added a secret magic spell for Celica

--------------------------------------------------------

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.64.014
  • GUI Improvements
  • New World Map Added
  • New Enemy Added
  • New Ally Added
  • 8 New Characters Added
  • 6 New Events Added
  • 9 New Locations Added
  • Added Quality of Life improvements
  • New Cloth Item added
  • New Cloth set
  • New Game Mechanic Added

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.65.011
- Major Code Improvements - QoL improvements
- 9 New Characters Added
- New Cloth piece added
- Updated a Location BG (Nel's home)
- 8 New Events Added
- 4 Locations Added
- 2 New Enemies/Characters Added
- New Shop Added
- New Items Added
- Updated Evie's character Art
- Updated Violet's character Art

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
The latest update is really good. There are new characters to be worked with and new locations. The quests are getting a bit challenging to figure out but that's a good thing.

I'm still not seeing too much in the way of changes to how the NPC's work with the PC during combat roles. It would still be a good thing to pursue the idea that the NPC's can be affected the same way the PC gets affected. Also still need to add some 'replay' modes into the actual game with the main NPC's. Once you have your event with them, you can't continue the relationship even if it's a replay of the previous time. You have to go to a gallery to replay it. Would be nice if you could do it in game with the NPC.

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.66.014
- Bugfixes and Code optimizations
- Code updates
- 8 New Locations Added
- Updated 2 Location Background
- 7 New Events Added
- New Gameplay Feature Added
- New Ally Added and art update for ally
- Level Cap Increased to 85
- Updated Game Engine to Ren'Py 8.1.1
- 4 New Characters Added
- New Clothes Added

Deimus

Feb 18, 2022
www.townofmagic.com
Build Release: Version 0.67.010
  • Bugfixes and Code optimizations
  • Added new clothing variation for a character (Kitsune bath)
  • New Cloth Set Added
  • Updated character Art
  • New Sex Scene Added
  • QoL improvements
  • Updated Cephrina's battle moves
  • 2 New Enemies Added
  • 4 New Locations Added
  • 5 New Characters Added
  • Updated a World area Art
  • New Ally Added
  • 8 New Events Added
  • Increased Level Cap to 90
  • Updated Location BG Art
  • New Cloth Top and Bottom added.
---------------------------------------------------------------

If a save loading does not work, try loading a save from the Q section of the loading screen.