[Ren'py] Pink Prescriptions - Naughty Nurse Game [Visual Novel]

5oclockshadow

Jan 11, 2019
VSPrGsS.jpg

Today I just released episode 2 of Pink Prescriptions to patrons $5 tier and up. I'll drop a free link to episode 1 in this post.

Pink Prescriptions is about an IT guy, down on his luck, that lands a job at a hospital. The nurses are hot, horny, and ready to mess with your head. This game will be made with Daz Studio, Photoshop, and Ren'py with a visual novel/choose your own adventure approach. The game is in HD 1080 resolution.

The game will include all of these fetishes at some point:

Fetishes:
- Nurses
- Doctors
- MILF
- Anal
- Masturbation
- Voyeurism
- Public nudity
- Public sex
- Panty
- Giant dildos and cocks
- Lesbians
- Group sex
- DP
- and much much more

Fql70pM.jpg

The first episode is short but sweet. In this episode you'll meet Claire the head nurse, Zoey the nurse in training, Keiko the asian-american nurse, Stacy the Administrator of the Hospital, Dr. Amber Riley the posh MILF doctor, and Dr. Reed Kane the douche bag male doctor.

Episode 1 Downloads:
Windows version
Mac version

Support and follow the game at:
Patreon

TPueHZp.jpg

So what happens in Episode 2? Check out my patreon and find out.

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
A quick note about your cast of characters, and you are welcome to disagree, but my initial reaction is:
  • A job title is not a character description
  • An ethnicity is not a character description (especially if you only mention it for one person)
  • A sex is not a character description, but on the plus side you do actually give that person an actual character description ("douche bag")
  • Using definite articles makes it sound like either a really tiny hospital, or like these are supposed to be character tropes
You do include a description of the main character and their role in this world (which is great) and a list of things you consider the fetishes in the game (also great,) but the cast list makes the characters sound almost entirely unremarkable, with one actively unplesant character thrown in.

5oclockshadow

Jan 11, 2019
A quick note about your cast of characters, and you are welcome to disagree, but my initial reaction is:
  • A job title is not a character description
  • An ethnicity is not a character description (especially if you only mention it for one person)
  • A sex is not a character description, but on the plus side you do actually give that person an actual character description ("douche bag")
  • Using definite articles makes it sound like either a really tiny hospital, or like these are supposed to be character tropes
You do include a description of the main character and their role in this world (which is great) and a list of things you consider the fetishes in the game (also great,) but the cast list makes the characters sound almost entirely unremarkable, with one actively unplesant character thrown in.

You're completely right about everything you said. I should have taken more time to make a better post. Here is a better description of the characters. Keiko is missing as I haven't finalized her story as of yet.

Claire – Claire is the hardest working nurse you’ll ever meet. She may even devote too much of her self to the hospital. This does not mean that Claire is dull in anyway but it may be the reason for some of her actions. Claire enjoys whipping new nurses into shape and making them follow her commands. For fun she sniffs and collects used panties and publicly masturbates.

Zoey – Zoey is a naïve girl fresh from nursing school. She posts tons of selfies on social media daily. She is oblivious to the world around her and doesn’t know the consequences of her own actions.

Stacy – Stacy manages the hospital to a point where is seems like she never leaves. She misses her college glory days and even the first few years of being a nurse.

Dr. Amber Riley – Dr. Riley comes from money and has never had any problems getting what she wants. She can come off as a bit of a snob but is also a lot of fun. more on her later.

Dr. Reed Kane – Dr. Kane is completely full of himself. He thinks is the greatest thing that has ever walked this earth. He will stick his dick in anything he possibly can while never really giving two shits about his wife.

Reactions: wibble

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
And suddenly I'm a lot more interested! I've played through episode one and quite liked it. The characters are introduced quickly but consistently, we get a sense of the interplay between them, and it feels light-hearted (something that I personally appreciated.) Oddly enough the character I like most right now is Doctor Kane (in their role as someone entirely up themselves,) probably because it isn't the case that they are lashing out to fulfill the role of antagonist, but rather they are loving being up themselves. That said; the sudden introduction of Doctor Kane was a narrative surprise because the player doesn't know that the nurse isn't still washing Ace.

Chapter 1 is short, containing a single choice, which does actually impact future scenes in non-trivial ways! Great! Also the choice is clearly labelled and external to the protagonist, which I really liked. I think this is because you managed to make me interested in how these characters interact in the ensemble, and not just in the actions of the protagonist.

Things I particularly like:
  • The tone is lighthearted
  • Sex is part of the fabric of the narrative, not a reward for interaction
  • The outfits are colour-coordinated to the nameplates for the most part, aiding recognition of characters.
  • Introductions aren't drawn out, and focus is on interplay of the characters
  • The characters are interesting (to me, anyway.)
Things I did not like:
  • "Aaaagggghhhh it's tearing me apart" - well stop doing it then. Likewise "I don't know if my pussy will ever recover from that." Both of these sentences suggest physical trauma, not sexual gratification. (There are people who are into that, but that seems against the tone of the game and the character.) There are ways you can suggest similar things ("I'll be tender later," "fuck, that was intense," "gently now, we're scheduled for a dicking tonight too and I need y'll working, y'hear?" "Oh that was great. Bruising. But great. Eugh. Worth it.", for example. I am not a writer.)
  • Zoey's role in this. It feels overly passive coercive for my tastes, on both paths (although one moreso than the other.) The focus was on her punishments and not on her interests, so we didn't actually learn much about her.
  • Keiko's dialogue is a little lacking in context. Is she being poetic? Melodramatic? Her tone shifts from cutesy to goth without being either long enough to establish which is the baseline. Is she writing a novel?
  • A few typos, but no more than one generally sees in solo dev stuff. In my opinion it's worth getting someone to proofread before public release, especially if your intent for episodic releases is to showcase long term quality.
On the whole: Well done!

Reactions: 5oclockshadow

5oclockshadow

Jan 11, 2019
And suddenly I'm a lot more interested! I've played through episode one and quite liked it. The characters are introduced quickly but consistently, we get a sense of the interplay between them, and it feels light-hearted (something that I personally appreciated.) Oddly enough the character I like most right now is Doctor Kane (in their role as someone entirely up themselves,) probably because it isn't the case that they are lashing out to fulfill the role of antagonist, but rather they are loving being up themselves. That said; the sudden introduction of Doctor Kane was a narrative surprise because the player doesn't know that the nurse isn't still washing Ace.

Chapter 1 is short, containing a single choice, which does actually impact future scenes in non-trivial ways! Great! Also the choice is clearly labelled and external to the protagonist, which I really liked. I think this is because you managed to make me interested in how these characters interact in the ensemble, and not just in the actions of the protagonist.

Things I particularly like:
  • The tone is lighthearted
  • Sex is part of the fabric of the narrative, not a reward for interaction
  • The outfits are colour-coordinated to the nameplates for the most part, aiding recognition of characters.
  • Introductions aren't drawn out, and focus is on interplay of the characters
  • The characters are interesting (to me, anyway.)
Things I did not like:
  • "Aaaagggghhhh it's tearing me apart" - well stop doing it then. Likewise "I don't know if my pussy will ever recover from that." Both of these sentences suggest physical trauma, not sexual gratification. (There are people who are into that, but that seems against the tone of the game and the character.) There are ways you can suggest similar things ("I'll be tender later," "fuck, that was intense," "gently now, we're scheduled for a dicking tonight too and I need y'll working, y'hear?" "Oh that was great. Bruising. But great. Eugh. Worth it.", for example. I am not a writer.)
  • Zoey's role in this. It feels overly passive coercive for my tastes, on both paths (although one moreso than the other.) The focus was on her punishments and not on her interests, so we didn't actually learn much about her.
  • Keiko's dialogue is a little lacking in context. Is she being poetic? Melodramatic? Her tone shifts from cutesy to goth without being either long enough to establish which is the baseline. Is she writing a novel?
  • A few typos, but no more than one generally sees in solo dev stuff. In my opinion it's worth getting someone to proofread before public release, especially if your intent for episodic releases is to showcase long term quality.
On the whole: Well done!

Thank you very much for the feedback. Having information like this is very valuable and will help the quality of the game. There are a few lines I wasn’t truly happy with and plan on some rewrites that won’t change the overall story. Claire’s scene will definitely be rewritten. You are absolutely right about that scene.

I kind of used Zoey in the first episode to show what kind of game this was going to be. That may have caused me to hold back on showing Zoey’s true character. There is a lot of story devoted to her so we’ll learn more as the game unfolds.

Keiko will normally be cutesy. Her “dark” line was a bit of foreshadowing for a goth character that will be introduced later in the game. I’ll have to look at that scene again because it’ll be a while until we meet Onyx (episode 3 or 4). Keiko is intrigued and afraid of her at the same time. I’m still playing around with Keiko’s backstory unfortunately.

I had five people check the game for typos before I released it. I guess I need to figure out a better way to catch those. The rewrites and typos will all be corrected when I roll out episode 3.

Again, thank you for your very thorough review.

5oclockshadow

Jan 11, 2019
I dropped version 0.2.1 today adding Android, Chrome, and Linus builds.

Here is the current change log:

version 0.1 (episode 1)
- 174 images
- 1 animation
- 1 story choice

version 0.2 (episode 2)
- made dialog window smaller
- made dialog text smaller
- edited a few images from ver 0.1
- added 161 images
- added 2 story choices
- gallery now unlocks bonus images instead of images from the game

version 0.2.1
- Changed dialog during Claire's locker room/shower masturbation
- Changed some dialog in Keiko's first scene
- made some spelling/grammar corrections

wibble

Sep 13, 2017
I've played through 2.1, which establishes Ace's role in the hospital and first few tasks (read; excuses for people to get naked.) It's still light-hearted and it still feels like the characters have agency. Sadly most characters have "sexually interact with Ace" as their goal, which means they blend together: This isn't so bad as to be an actual problem right now, but I worry it will get dull in the future (depending on what happens to a character after they have achieved their goal.)

There are indeed two new story choices in the game, and the second feels like an actual choice ("do I do the thing I said I would, or do something else instead?") It has clear narrative implications when you make the choice. The first choice, however, does not. The player has absolutely no information to go on, and so it is essentially random. Not only does the player then feel cheated if something happens they didn't want to happen, it also makes replaying harder because there is nothing memorable about the question or answers. An alternative way of presenting the choice would be by e.g. naming the ward you choose to walk through. Because of this the second choice feels like you actively affect a character's role in the story, the first does not.

A followup comment on choices: You don't have many choices in this game, and I feel many of these scenes would benefit from some minor choices. Small things that Ace can say, or e.g. when to run out of the breast exam room (I would have had Ace try and leave immediately.) These choices wouldn't need to impact the story, but would go some way to allowing the player to determine Ace's character for themselves. Also as far as I could tell the choices from version 1 did not affect any of the new content in version 2, but I might have missed something.