[Ren'Py] BabeRunner (Demo)

XelaPy

May 22, 2017
Introducing the Demo of our new game:

Links (HENTAI/NSFW):

Our Team:

"Babe Runner" is gonna be our debut game together: it's a "Blade Runner" Hentai parody available FOR FREE from 20/05/2017.

You'll be playing as Nika, a sexy Police Officer investigating on a case of mysterious abductions in a decaying 2048 Lust Angeles. Improve your fighting skills to survive a world of secret plots and deceit while fighting hostile gangs; Investigate crime scenes and locations to reveal a mastermind conspiracy set by shady, powerful and deceiving characters... Unveil a terrible secret challenging everything you think you knew about yourself...
Who will you trust?

This demo serves as a tutorial of some of the game’s concepts, featuring:
  • Menu based story/interactions
  • RPG elements
  • Firing Range Minigame
  • Turn based battle engine (animated)
  • Animated and full of atmosphere BGs;
  • Hot Hentai Action! ^^ (animated)
  • Challenging achievements to unlock
  • and More!

Thank You for your interest in our games!

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
I keep getting this error at the shooting range minigame.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/shooting_range.rpy", line 1091, in script
  File "game/code/shooting_range.rpy", line 1107, in <module>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/shooting_range.rpy", line 1091, in script
  File "C:\Users\KingLui\Desktop\BabeRunner-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\KingLui\Desktop\BabeRunner-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/code/shooting_range.rpy", line 1107, in <module>
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Babe Runner 0.27

Last edited:

XelaPy

May 22, 2017
Thanks for the report, we'll release a patch fixing a number of issues soon! This looks like something you may be able to "Skip" after the game crashes?

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Thanks for the report, we'll release a patch fixing a number of issues soon! This looks like something you may be able to "Skip" after the game crashes?
You can skip but won't be able to do anything afterwards. You're basically stuck in the training range minigame with no prompt to leave or targets to shoot, just a screen to look at.

XelaPy

May 22, 2017
You can skip but won't be able to do anything afterwards. You're basically stuck in the training range minigame with no prompt to leave or targets to shoot, just a screen to look at.

Ok, this is a very rare error. Possibly caused by something deleting persistent data from user folder after it was created by the engine. We'll try to guard against this in the future.

Well, it's not a review, just my opinion so far.

Well, it's still a positive one!

Vysirez

Sep 4, 2016
I quite like the game. The artwork is great, the gameplay seems good so far, moderately complex for a renpy game. The puns are amusing. I kind of wanted to add 'you' to my patreon, but there are 3 different ones, makes it a bit harder, not sure I want to add three patreons for one game. I also wanted to ask how far the current demo goes. I got a far as shopping for clothes, is that the end of the current content?

XelaPy

May 22, 2017
You can pick one of the accounts and there will be more games in the future. The idea behind a team is to see if decent quality games can be developed quickly, I should wrap up a game design document for the next title this week and we'll prolly "officially" start working on it next week.

Demo goes on for a bit after that, there is a new location to unlock by acquiring and wearing an all back outfit. Clearing that location leads to the final H-Scene, demo will end after that. There is also the "exam" part at the doc's lab, but you may have put that behind you already. We'll prolly release a patch today, fixing a number of small issues but they are unrelated to gameplay.