Recent forum problems.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Oh, right... yeah, I remember seeing it on the recent posts table some time ago. It's not as if there is no more RP on the site, though. Just need to find new people, I suppose. I mean, there are ones on here with 8k posts, just between two people in a few months.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ehh a second one spammer in last days. Or there was more that were handled fast beofre too many people noticed them?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Ehh a second one spammer in last days. Or there was more that were handled fast beofre too many people noticed them?
There's been at least one every day since about two days before this thread was made.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
There's been at least one every day since about two days before this thread was made.

And hes back again! Does this cocksucker have anything better to do with his time? I do not see a point to this.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
It's a spam bot suite that just targets particular forum software that they're capable of breaching.

It's not someone spamming Fenco Industries specifically.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
And it's on again with spamming. Hmm what all of you bets are on: how many more days this spamming will continue?

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
It's a spam bot suite that just targets particular forum software that they're capable of breaching.

It's not someone spamming Fenco Industries specifically.

looks like one of those "spam bot" things even made a profile picture of some Korean couple. did not know they were that advanced! Plus he brought some friends! Why is it only on this area of the site? they should just go everywhere right?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The section has the word General in it. Hey @Gedan, what would happen if we changed it to say, "Random Bullshit"?

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
They'd probably target the first subforum that they have abilities to post in.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Related note: I'm still juggling numbers on a plugin to do a better job of fucking the spambots off. Don't expect it to stop overnight, but gradually lessen as I get it more right.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
looks like one of those "spam bot" things even made a profile picture of some Korean couple. did not know they were that advanced! Plus he brought some friends! Why is it only on this area of the site? they should just go everywhere right?

Man what are you even talking about?

Spambot program suites were "advanced" enough to do that when Geocities was a thing.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Clearly they're not so smart if they think people here would post pictures of themselves and their SO.

Humans win again.

Reactions: MistyBirb

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
Okay... What the fresh hell is this? I assume they are bots but this time using the standard alphabet and just posting jumbles of letters like they're mashing on the keyboard.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Okay... What the fresh hell is this? I assume they are bots but this time using the standard alphabet and just posting jumbles of letters like they're mashing on the keyboard.
It doesn't match the profile of the previous bots, so it is more likely a user who has made another profile and is jokingly mimicking a bot.

I have to admit, it made me chuckle. Good job to whoever you actually are.

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
It doesn't match the profile of the previous bots, so it is more likely a user who has made another profile and is jokingly mimicking a bot.

I have to admit, it made me chuckle. Good job to whoever you actually are.
I assumed it was a bot fucking up.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I assumed it was a bot fucking up.
Nah, nobody would use a bot that can't get a message out.

It also only made two threads (last I checked) in a rather long time period, lacks a profile picture, and is typing in English characters.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hehe should we now move to jokes how spambots on forum get 'a real and slight above basic' human AI? (you know the real human ai sitting and trying outsmart ours defences)

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Felt it was an apporpriate topic to bring it up, but holy crap @Gedan! Somehow you've gotten an 8+ million post count in a day!? I spazzed seeing that xD

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Massive runaway inflation has caused the post count value to crash.

We're in for some rough times ahead, folks. Not all of us have a fancy safety net/control panel to fall back on during this difficult recession.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
just print a few trillion extra dollars posts its fine

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
No one cares about imaginary internet points anymore. Once your parents or admins get in on it it's no longer cool.

EDIT: eyy yo but check out my likes doe

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh well givne it's Gedan that watch over the forum more directly than other admins I not suprised so much...maybe only with lack of few more 0 in the score xD