Razorcup nectar buff being temporary is really lame

Dr. Bootytaste

Jun 26, 2020
NC, US
www.youtube.com
Everything you've ever heard come out of anyones mouth since you were born is an opinion. Some of us explain our opinions better than others, which I thought I did pretty clearly earlier. I will try again.
If an experience system is designed to be experienced, as opposed to a barrier to fun that should be overcome, then it's not a good mechanic. That is irrelevant to my or your thoughts on razorcup nectar. That's why I brought up the triple A, big budget video games and their intentionally bad mechanics. I don't know how much more clearly I can articulate this.
That being said. There's also nothing wrong with wanting to skip a mechanic if you're that particular kind of player or have played the games multiple times over. I, myself, would appreciate a cheat menu so that I could do that very thing. But that doesn't mean that just because I skip cutscenes on my second playthrough of a story driven game that the developer didn't intend for me to watch that cutscene. You can play the game however you want, but I'm talking about developer intention and game design, not how I personally like to play.
If the developer intention is not for the experience system to provide an immersive and enjoyable sense of progression that directly contradicts the existence of an item that lets you skip that progression entirely, then my assumption about their intention was wrong. In which case, fair enough. That still wouldn't change my point.

I will, however, apologize for arguing on an online forum. It's something I haven't done since I was fifteen. and I feel dirty, sticky, even. I will shower, and sleep off this experience. I will burden you with my opinions no longer, friends. I bid you farewell. Off I go, into the night.

Reactions: TheDevilYouKnow

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
I think we're three for three now on you adding nothing to the conversation. I get you don't like the change, but I've already explained why that's irrelevant.
As to whether or not you're an asshole, I don't think that matters either. All that matters is whether or not you have the charisma to make people overlook your bad qualities. And I gotta tell ya, bud...... You're not that guy.
Again, more fart noises.

You're too dumb to know you're dumb, and you clearly have some kind of CIPA disorder for shame, so let me spell it out, Montessori. Tic-tac-toe is a game you can only play one way, and it's boring. Super Mario Bros. won't even let you go backwards, and it's not fun anymore. That's why so much of video gaming has moved to sandbox and open world games. The Zelda games, for instance, made it a mantra for Breath Of The Wild. They wanted you to explore and find new ways of doing things. Tetris is one of those games that is fun to play one way because it's really more of a puzzle than a game. There's no story, and I think that's the difference. Maybe. I haven't really thought it out.

This game is old, and it's slow to grow. Not a complaint, just context for when I next say that I've played this game, over and over, countless times. It's not a game anymore so much as it's a serialised interactive novel. The XP and combat systems have never been great to begin with. So, yeah, I'd cheat myself up some nectar and enter my first fight fully decked out, because I want to experience every aspect of the game, and levelling slows me down.

You, on the other hand, clearly prefer the linear mazes on the placemats where your parents take you to eat after your endless doctor appointments. Let's look at one of the smears your farts left behind:

"I don't think what the item does is the point. I think the point is that it doing anything other than what it did before is an improvement."
- You don't think what anything does is the point of that thing. No, the point of that thing is that if it changes in any way, whatsoever, into something completely different, it's improvement. It's clear why you're in high demand in game development.

You: First day on the job. What are we making?
Co-worker: It's a racing game, and we've gotten the handling physics so hyper realistic that we're shocked...
You: Can you make it so you have to steer by flapping ping-pong paddles and use the physics from Hydro Thunder? Also, I'd like my billion dollars for that idea up front, please?
Co-worker: That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why would you do that?
You: The point is that it doing anything other than what it did before is an improvement.

You actually expressed that level of stupidity in public. You just have zero shame in acting like this where people can see. Do you get why I wanted to let you off by just calling you flatulent? You're maximumly pathetic and you're too dumb to know it. I'm not going any further into your replies, which you think are so clever. You're that stupid out the gate, and it's not like you got any smarter as you got your tiny little nuts up.

The only reason you're not an incel is because your dad drinks. Why don't you pretend to go to bed and see if he doesn't "sneak" in, after several beers, to help you burn off some of that stupid, sperg, energy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Emerald

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Is this what the kids call malding these days? I'm not sure much good is gonna come from this topic if that's the route we're going down.

Simple fact of the matter is the item was no longer usable for its intended purpose, it was being used for something the devs don't want, and it's only other use outside of that purpose is throwing into storage and forgetting about it or selling it. They took a situational item that lost it's situation and gave it a new situational use. I certainly do not think whatever the fuck that tantrum above me was is gonna change that.

Reactions: Melancholy Man

Dr. Bootytaste

Jun 26, 2020
NC, US
www.youtube.com
Cooper, I apologize for taking the bait the first time. I misunderstood the situation. I had a D&D session with fellow I thought was my friend once who got kind of crazy the same way you're getting crazy. At the time I thought it was the alcohol, but I later found out he just had a lot of other things going on he hadn't expressed to me for a while and they all started boiling over at once. If you want to talk anything out, DM me, but I won't derail this thread any further.

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
Cooper, I apologize for taking the bait the first time. I misunderstood the situation. I had a D&D session with fellow I thought was my friend once who got kind of crazy the same way you're getting crazy. At the time I thought it was the alcohol, but I later found out he just had a lot of other things going on he hadn't expressed to me for a while and they all started boiling over at once. If you want to talk anything out, DM me, but I won't derail this thread any further.
You don't get you save face like that, it doesn't work. You came at me, I explained myself to you, and then you pussed out. You're the one who decided to stand up to me (for no reason, other than you maybe think that cat line is funny and wanted to sound cool?) and lecture me on how to make video games, in which you shamelessly exploded your stupidity all over the place, like you were jerking off with your own poo in the dairy aisle for everyone to see. And having a good ol' time of it, too.

Then, when I simply pointed out what you were doing, you tried to double back and pretend you've been super cool this whole time.

I know you're incapable of shame, so I'll be ashamed for you.

• Haha

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Again, more fart noises.

You're too dumb to know you're dumb, and you clearly have some kind of CIPA disorder for shame, so let me spell it out, Montessori. Tic-tac-toe is a game you can only play one way, and it's boring. Super Mario Bros. won't even let you go backwards, and it's not fun anymore. That's why so much of video gaming has moved to sandbox and open world games. The Zelda games, for instance, made it a mantra for Breath Of The Wild. They wanted you to explore and find new ways of doing things. Tetris is one of those games that is fun to play one way because it's really more of a puzzle than a game. There's no story, and I think that's the difference. Maybe. I haven't really thought it out.

This game is old, and it's slow to grow. Not a complaint, just context for when I next say that I've played this game, over and over, countless times. It's not a game anymore so much as it's a serialised interactive novel. The XP and combat systems have never been great to begin with. So, yeah, I'd cheat myself up some nectar and enter my first fight fully decked out, because I want to experience every aspect of the game, and levelling slows me down.

You, on the other hand, clearly prefer the linear mazes on the placemats where your parents take you to eat after your endless doctor appointments. Let's look at one of the smears your farts left behind:

"I don't think what the item does is the point. I think the point is that it doing anything other than what it did before is an improvement."
- You don't think what anything does is the point of that thing. No, the point of that thing is that if it changes in any way, whatsoever, into something completely different, it's improvement. It's clear why you're in high demand in game development.

Co-worker: It's a racing game, and we've gotten the handling physics so hyper realistic that we're shocked...
You: Can you make it so you have to steer by flapping ping-pong paddles and use the physics from Hydro Thunder? Also, I'd like my billion dollars for that idea up front, please?
You: The point is that it doing anything other than what it did before is an improvement.

You actually expressed that level of stupidity in public. You just have zero shame in acting like this where people can see. Do you get why I wanted to let you off by just calling you flatulent? You're maximumly pathetic and you're too dumb to know it. I'm not going any further into your replies, which you think are so clever. You're that stupid out the gate, and it's not like you got any smarter as you got your tiny little nuts up.

The only reason you're not an incel is because your dad drinks. Why don't you pretend to go to bed and see if he doesn't "sneak" in, after several beers, to help you burn off some of that stupid, sperg, energy?

You don't get you save face like that, it doesn't work. I was bombastic, but then explained what I meant. After that you decided to lecture me on how to make video games, in which you shamelessly exploded your stupidity all over the place, like you were jerking off with your own poo in the dairy aisle.

Then, when I rubbed your nose in it, you tried to double back and pretend you've been super cool this whole time.

Can the devs do another Hirrud thing with this asshole?

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Again, more fart noises.

You don't get you save face like that, it doesn't work. You came at me, I explained myself to you, and then you pussed out. You're the one who decided to stand up to me (for no reason, other than you maybe think that cat line is funny and wanted to sound cool?) and lecture me on how to make video games, in which you shamelessly exploded your stupidity all over the place, like you were jerking off with your own poo in the dairy aisle for everyone to see. And having a good ol' time of it, too.

Then, when I simply pointed out what you were doing, you tried to double back and pretend you've been super cool this whole time.

DB_Cooper, what you've posted is some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent musings were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having been exposed to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
You can't save face that easi
DB_Cooper, what you've posted is some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent musings were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having been exposed to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
Hey! I like that movie, too!

DB_Cooper

Dec 23, 2020
I
Is this what the kids call malding these days? I'm not sure much good is gonna come from this topic if that's the route we're going down.

Simple fact of the matter is the item was no longer usable for its intended purpose, it was being used for something the devs don't want, and it's only other use outside of that purpose is throwing into storage and forgetting about it or selling it. They took a situational item that lost it's situation and gave it a new situational use. I certainly do not think whatever the fuck that tantrum above me was is gonna change that.
I adore when people talk so authoritatively, without pausing to see if they have any authority. Especially true when they approach like the cool teacher who sits on chairs backwards and want to rap with the kids...

When someone references something specific, say the term "malding" (whatever that is), and then pretend to not be familiar with it as a method of pretending to be above it all, it just shows they are exactly the kind of person who would know a thing because they do. It's a really transparent game and incredibly sad because it's so self-defeating.

"I have no clue about this very specific thing..."
"Then why do you know about it?"
"nervous fart"

"...it's only other use outside of that purpose is throwing into storage and forgetting about it or selling it."

Please provide actual proof of all your claims so that I might be better informed. I'm sure you're not staking a position you don't even hold, surrounded yourself with strawmen, all so you can pretend to have some clout about yourself whilst pretending you're not just a contrarian with extra steps. That's straight up childish bullshit, and I know you're better than that. I look forward to seeing all the copious records of playtesting you must have. I love dorky stuff like that.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
You want to attack what you perceive as someone flexing authority(which is weird cuz I only ever lurk and hardly anyone knows who I am) but did you not do the exact same thing opening your time here by insulting the very intelligence of those responsible for the change and making wild assumptions about their intentions behind it? If what i did was a "flex of authority" then what you did was too. As far as I'm concerned everyone's response to you has been a reasonable one since you decided to blast into a topic with fire and fury and be a dick to anyone and everyone who interacts with you. Conversation was actually respectable up til that point.

The whole bit about malding(the state of being so mad your hair falls out) was a cheap shot to get a rise out of a jerk online and I got the reaction I wanted. Thank you. It certainly helped alleviate the frustration of watching you spit in the face of someone trying to de-escalate a situation that was getting hotter than they probably wanted.

Anywho, from the big man himself:
SmartSelect_20230514-064656_Discord.jpg

And Tobs, even earlier
SmartSelect_20230514-065834_Discord.jpgSmartSelect_20230514-065735_Discord.jpg

And while I was referencing something I read about devs not wanting to encourage power leveling I cannot actually find that so either I misremembered or the conversation got lost when a hacked bot destroyed the coc2 discord rather spectacularly so I'll withdraw that from the evidence table. Regardless, it wasn't being used for its purpose and thus changed.

The bit about selling was the brain doing the thing brains do where they deduce from available information. If boosting your level is already covered in the previous argument, and the intended purpose is no longer possible then storing, selling or ditching remain. Really wasn't that deep of a line.

Last edited:

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Again, more fart noises.

You had a point but you let your need to insult him fuck it up, attack the point not the person.