ran into an interesting problem

meadowsweet

Oct 15, 2024
specifically, i used a save editor to undo giving a character a synthsheath; and now the game is slightly confused about how many should exist. in my current save, four synthsheaths have been used, and two are in storage; however, shekka is selling a seventh (the cap should be six). i played around in a save editor to figure things out, and as far as i can tell, the game has somehow convinced itself the cap is seven. after i buy the seventh, shekka no longer sells them, and the synthsheath-found flag in the save editor reads seven. so... could someone tell me how to convince the game there should only be six?

TheShepard256

The game doesn't track whether or not you're at/over the SynthSheath cap by looking at how many you've acquired; instead, it sums the ones you've used on yourself and NPCs, the ones you have in inventory or storage, and the ones you've sold and dropped, and compares that sum to the cap. It tracks how many SynthSheaths you've used on NPCs by looking at the NPC's stat block to see if they have a horse-cock (or just... have a cock at all, for NPCs who can only get one this way e.g. Sylvie and Lorelei); by 'undoing' giving one NPC a SynthSheath, the game will no longer consider you to have used a SynthSheath on them, and it will thus no longer count towards the sum.

I'm assuming the four that have been used in your save includes the one you've removed, and as part of the process you didn't refund the SynthSheath you originally used (i.e. put one back in your inventory). If so, everything is working as intended - the above means the game only considers you to have used three SynthSheaths (four minus the one you undid), and you have two in storage, for a total of five, so you can get one more before the game cuts you off.