Rahn how do they work?

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
OK so after reading their codex about 60 times at this point I am still unsure about them. To be more specific how much does them using other beings genetic material class the offspring as biologically both parents child.

So to set up what I mean we all know that Shade, Jack/Jill and the MC can all open the pods, but if victor had a child with a Rahn would that child also be able to open the pod. It does say in the codex that "The foreign material is used to help diversify the species, and without it, Rahn can only birth clones". To me this suggests that the fathers genetics are only used randomize their own.

But in the same codex section it also says "Rahn young appear as a blend of their father, mother, and ‘mother’ in appearance.. while their face will wind up resembling their true mother and father combined." to me this says that biologically they could be tracked back to their father. But at the same time unlike many other species it is impossible to get a Rahn halfbreed like say Brandt or Saendra. In addition they apparently don't use a tradition DNA system.

So yer how do they work? So far I am leaning towards that they use sperm to randomize their genetics to prevent clones and diversify so genetically the offspring is only linked to the Rahn mother.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I assume the genetics are randomized but the appearances take after the parents as a result of the Rahn instinctively shapeshifting to reflect that (initially).

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
I assume the genetics are randomized but the appearances take after the parents as a result of the Rahn instinctively shapeshifting to reflect that (initially).
Yer I guess that makes sense and also fits in with the other 2 goo creatures.
They don't. They sit around all day, eating candy and sneaking off to sex random rushers. It's a miracle any paperwork gets done around here. May as well had hired a galotian for all my trouble. Damn things are lucky they can suck golf balls through garden hoses...
I don't know about that I would say the Rahn we see tend to be decent at their jobs. Its only when Steeles interfere that they can't get work done.