Racial score for Wuld Elf and Boreal Elf

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
So, it seems I've run into a bit of a pickle here. When using the ice rose as as a wyld elf starting MC, is seems like it's actually genuinely impossible to become a boreal elf. Due to their overlapping racial scores, you basically just stay as a wyld elf, and the journal says as much. And even on other MCs that aren't wyld elves, once you've used enough ice roses, it just says you started as (insert race) but have become an elf, not a boreal elf specifically. Almost as if boreal elf isn't something tracked on its own in the same a wyld elf is. Is that intentional, or is it just an oversight? I'd think that it would make sense to have something to separate the two.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
By design, seeing how Aly (who wrote the item) mentioned that's how it works back when it was first introduced. Presumably it has to do with the way the race code is a big pile of spaghetti that even Balak fears to touch when it's not absolutely necessary.

Reactions: Alliebutt

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
By design, seeing how Aly (who wrote the item) mentioned that's how it works back when it was first introduced. Presumably it has to do with the way the race code is a big pile of spaghetti that even Balak fears to touch when it's not absolutely necessary.
Ahh that makes sense. It's a shame, I won't lie and say otherwise. But at least the reasoning makes sense, which makes it sting a little less.