race reset

timdraco

May 24, 2016
I was thinking it might be cool to get the dr to have the ability to reset your race back to human standard for a price.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can just buy a lot of Terran Treats. And eat them.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well first he can beat dr (probably meant Lash not other dr we have ingame) and then spend all tis credits one becoming human. xD

timdraco

May 24, 2016
i was actually thinking the doc robot that you meet. She removes parasites why not change you back to human? i did think of the treats but that takes forever and you have to eat multiple ones to change back.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
With all due respect, this won't be a thing for the same reason you can't have a complete transcript of all the one time scenes you're character has done through: There are to many variables.

While, within technicality, the nanosurgeons keep a detailed record of your origional genetic template and subsequent alterations you undegro, the cooresponding variables are not actually stored in your save files.  Doing so would not only require a bessload of work, but it would quickly baloon your savefile's size to unholy proportions. 

Also, the nanosurgeon technology, in its current incarnation, is relatively new, the pet project of the best of the best in Steele Tech.  While Xenogen has their own version of the technology, its an easy assumption that its incompatible, as well as inferior with Steele's version

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
i was actually thinking the doc robot that you meet. She removes parasites why not change you back to human? i did think of the treats but that takes forever and you have to eat multiple ones to change back.

Because not being human is something which melds deep into you? It's not something you can change in a sweep of a scalpel. Also, it is not a disease.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
With all due respect, this won't be a thing for the same reason you can't have a complete transcript of all the one time scenes you're character has done through: There are to many variables.

While, within technicality, the nanosurgeons keep a detailed record of your origional genetic template and subsequent alterations you undegro, the cooresponding variables are not actually stored in your save files.  Doing so would not only require a bessload of work, but it would quickly baloon your savefile's size to unholy proportions. 

Also, the nanosurgeon technology, in its current incarnation, is relatively new, the pet project of the best of the best in Steele Tech.  While Xenogen has their own version of the technology, its an easy assumption that its incompatible, as well as inferior with Steele's version

While there's no dev consensus on this yet (because lol devs ever talking to each other), my intent was more that Xenogen took the same base technology in a different direction, so that instead of producing personalized nanites like Steele's they focused on its generalized transformative applications, making it the heart of why their transformatives are of such high quality.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
While there's no dev consensus on this yet (because lol devs ever talking to each other), my intent was more that Xenogen took the same base technology in a different direction, so that instead of producing personalized nanites like Steele's they focused on its generalized transformative applications, making it the heart of why their transformatives are of such high quality.

huh

There already is a small lore conflict between the source of Steele's nanosurgons, Nonesuch's mpreg station guy claims they're a xenogen thing. 

I've more or less accepted your version as canon mainly because it makes a lot more sense. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
huh

There already is a small lore conflict between the source of Steele's nanosurgons, Nonesuch's mpreg station guy claims they're a xenogen thing. 

I've more or less accepted your version as canon mainly because it makes a lot more sense. 

It's more a question "who is the source of the base technology". And it is neither Steele nor Xenogen, since Nova goo are the same kind of technology, but they are much older than both companies (they are from first rushes, so they should be millenniums old). So some improvements are from Steele, some from Xenogen, they both have own directions of development, as do other developers, including independent.

timdraco

May 24, 2016
Well i noticed that the terran treats are a basic item why not have an expanded item like terran treats plus that does the whole job in one pill instead of several smaller ones? I only am asking cause i like to try out different transformations and having a reset pill would work well with that.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well i noticed that the terran treats are a basic item why not have an expanded item like terran treats plus that does the whole job in one pill instead of several smaller ones? I only am asking cause i like to try out different transformations and having a reset pill would work well with that.

One-shots usually have over time effect.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Two things; firstly, post better.

Secondly; why? As said, terran treats exist. It is altogether needless to need a super item when you can just gnaw on one regular one. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Not to mention perks or status effects that force certain traits.

timdraco

May 24, 2016
Yeah sorry bout that. Apparently posting on forums with an iphone is not a good idea. Anyway better question is why not? I mean we have machines that can shape penis's, why not make a pill or machine that can customize your race and attributes and make it either extremely expensive or one time use?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Yeah sorry bout that. Apparently posting on forums with an iphone is not a good idea. Anyway better question is why not? I mean we have machines that can shape penis's, why not make a pill or machine that can customize your race and attributes and make it either extremely expensive or one time use?

Because there are things called TFs that already do that and you can always save-whore to beat out RNG for what you want.

If you really want a certain PC then pop open your save in minerva and have at it. Alternatively, you can use the cheat "furfag" so that you only need one terran treat to set yourself back to human.

Zavos

May 7, 2016

Because that would be an enormous project that no self respecting writer or coder will want to touch, and it would trivialize every transformative without a unique, unreplicatable effect. 

You're welcome to try and write it...  but don't expect any coders to try and implement it.  You'll probably piss off Gedan for even seriously trying.