Questions

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Hi, I'm a new player and I have some questions.

First, I'm trying to make my character as close to a furry feline as possible. So, I start as a half-kaithrit, and I understand Nepeta can turn me into a full kaithrit. But even then, I won't have full-body fur and my facial features will still be human. The only other thing I've found so far are the Naleen, whom have the upper body features I want, but they're snakes from the waist down. I looked at the wiki and it seems there are a billion 'transformatives', so I was hoping someone who is more familiar with the game could point me in the right direction.

The other questions I have is, is this even worth worrying about? The intro/tutorial seems to suggest that anything I eat, and any character that I boink, is going to potentially mutate my character.

Victor coughs repeatedly, holding a rag up in front of himself that darkens with what you assume to be flecks of blood in the monochromatic recording. You’d think he could have sprung for a color hologram. His coughs clear up and he continues, “Sorry, health isn’t what it used to be.” He laughs after that, realizing that for you, he’s dead. “Anyhow, the immune boosters. Those micro-scale bots will reproduce in your body and safeguard it from some of the worst the universe can throw at you. They aren’t perfect, and more benign infections might slip through, but they’ll keep you from catching rot lung from a Trinerian. A word of caution: they’ll help you digest things that would normally be impossible for a human, but they’ll splice you to do it. You eat the wrong native foods, and you’ll wind up looking like a native. You might even start to feel like one, mentally. I’m told it’s like forced, convergent evolution.”

You turn the microsurgeon immune boosters over in your hand, debating whether to use them.

“This recording is set up to repeat until you do it, bbb.”

Sighing, you press the injector port to the inside of your arm.

“This recording is set up to rep-”

The injector hisses as it pricks your skin, pouring its payload into your veins. There’s a bit of burning pain, but nothing as bad as the time you took a slug in the leg. You grow a little flushed for a moment as the tiny machines settle into you. It passes swiftly. All things considered, you feel... the same.

“Atta girl. I had something like that made for me after a particularly rough infection, though it wound up mutating me from exotic species’ sexual fluids as well.”

Therefore, I've been avoiding having sex with anything with a penis, and just schlicking and oral-ing my way through the game. But it would seem rather... lame, not being able to boink anything in a sexual adventure game without turning yourself into a melting pot of every species.

Can someone please elaborate on how this all works?

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Unless you use any TF you won´t transform. TFs are stuff the enemy drops occasionally when you defeat them. When you use/eat those your character goes through random changes depending on the TF you used.

If it´s fur you want you should drink Naleen Nip, dropped from Naleens. Just save before you do it and reload until you get the desired effect (save scumming)

Sexual fluids can´t forcefully mutate you.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Hi, I'm a new player and I have some questions.

First, I'm trying to make my character as close to a furry feline as possible. So, I start as a half-kaithrit, and I understand Nepeta can turn me into a full kaithrit. But even then, I won't have full-body fur and my facial features will still be human. The only other thing I've found so far are the Naleen, whom have the upper body features I want, but they're snakes from the waist down. I looked at the wiki and it seems there are a billion 'transformatives', so I was hoping someone who is more familiar with the game could point me in the right direction.

The other questions I have is, is this even worth worrying about? The intro/tutorial seems to suggest that anything I eat, and any character that I boink, is going to potentially mutate my character.

Therefore, I've been avoiding having sex with anything with a penis, and just schlicking and oral-ing my way through the game. But it would seem rather... lame, not being able to boink anything in a sexual adventure game without turning yourself into a melting pot of every species.

Can someone please elaborate on how this all works?

There are no furry feline TF in the original game for now. There are one in comissions, but it is there for some time... So you'll have to either save edit, use mod, wait or choose other option from available. But furry options are quite limited.

You won't mutate from sexual fluids (with an exception of Vanae milk, if applied directly to genitals).

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Yhere are no furry feline TF in the game. There are one in comissions, but it is there for some time... So you'll have to either save edit, use mod, wait or choose other option from available. But furry options are quite limited.

You won't mutate from sexual fluids (with an exception of Vanae milk, if applied directly to genitals).

Completely forgot about the Vanae milk...

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can have sex with whatever you want with no worry of transforming.  There were plans during development for a Sexy STD mechanic where banging certain characters would give you a disease that transformed you over time if you didn't get it cured, but nobody has actually displayed any interest in doing that so it's almost certainly never happening.

To get certain configurations, you'll need to use multiple types of items together along with frequent saving and reloading.  In this case, you'll want to use either Naleen Nip or Nepeta until fully transformed, then carefully use the other to get the traits you want from it.  I recommend you start with Nepeta, then use one dose of Terran Treats to change your arm type back to human, then use Naleen Nip to get your fur, face, eyes and arms.  I recommend doing it this way because starting from naleen will cause you to keep your genital slit even if your cock type changes, and getting rid of that while keeping your feline cock is difficult.  If you're a female, then there's no problem doing it from either direction.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
There were plans during development for a Sexy STD mechanic where banging certain characters would give you a disease that transformed you over time if you didn't get it cured, but nobody has actually displayed any interest in doing that so it's almost certainly never happening.

A man can dream...

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like some editing of the tutorial might be in order, then, because between what I've already quoted, and this next part,

“I’ve arranged to have a few dozen probes sent through the gates once they open. Each one is military grade hardened and keyed to only open for one of our family, so don’t lose too much of yourself.

it sounds an awful lot like your microsurgeons are just going to be constantly changing you around, with possible consequences on the main plot.

While I've got you guys, can someone explain what crew members are for? From what I've seen so far, they exist solely to ask you for sex at inopportune times. I don't seem to be able to take them with me into combat, or anything. It would be nice if I could use the bimbo-cow I picked up to keep the slime-girl from bugging me. (I'm aware I can ditch them on the station but I keep hoping they're going to come in handy at some point)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
While I've got you guys, can someone explain what crew members are for? From what I've seen so far, they exist solely to ask you for sex at inopportune times. I don't seem to be able to take them with me into combat, or anything. It would be nice if I could use the bimbo-cow I picked up to keep the slime-girl from bugging me. (I'm aware I can ditch them on the station but I keep hoping they're going to come in handy at some point)

Those two are basically your pets. From useful crewmembers, there currently are only Anno who would act as personal pawnshop.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Space Combat.

Which isn't in the game yet, but Soon(tm).

Also as mentioned, Anno buys and sells stuff, which is hella convenient. 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
This is because it's kind of assumed that your microsurgeons are going to be changing you around a lot. Both TiTS and CoC, and I would imagine all of Fen's future endeavors, really have a foundation in player transformation. I know a lot of people either save edit or save scum their way to their ideal appearance (I'm guilty of it myself), but I think the "purist" way of playing a FenGame is to just "go with the flow" so to speak and see what happens to you. Ergo, you win fights, get loot, and use said loot for the hell of it. It transforms you in potentially unexpected ways, then the player is faced with the choice of pursuing that line of transformations or moving on to another. It's less about a permanent appearance.

But, like I said, a lot of people really just want to play a sexRPG with the level of character customization FenGames provide (which really is top-tier), and they just work towards their singular ideal. There's probably a pretty serious market for a similar kind of game, but one that focuses less on changing your character through gameplay and more on allowing you to craft every aspect of your appearance and backstory during creation. A more open-ended kind of sexcapade. But given the daunting task of writing for the variants we already have, that kind of thing would require a team of at least half a dozen full-time writers and a content director that keeps it all cohesive. 

I really enjoy starting my characters as someone plain and turning them hot, so even if a game had all the same level of customization at chargen, I wouldn't enjoy it as much as doing it mid-game.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like some editing of the tutorial might be in order, then, because between what I've already quoted, and this next part, it sounds an awful lot like your microsurgeons are just going to be constantly changing you around, with possible consequences on the main plot.

There are certain endings where Steele is transformed to the point where they can no longer feasibly continue their journey, meaning the game is now over.  As long as you're allowed to keep playing, you haven't permanently damaged yourself in a way that keeps you from getting the probes.  You can, of course, permanently change yourself in other ways such as the Treatment or Dumbfuck that leave permanent mental damage, but you're still allowed to get the probes even after doing that.

Crew members will not come out to the field with you except during certain missions, the game isn't designed around you having a party with you.  Most just serve as readily accessible sex scene dispensers, though some serve other functions such as Anno being a portable shop that you can sell anything to at basically the best rates you'll get anywhere, making her the ideal place to toss all the junk you pick up during your journey.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'd ultimately like do some XCom Second Wave-esque options for TiTS, one of which would certainly be inducing TFs upon losing to alien mobs. I don't think it would be particularly hard to do, given most of the TFs involved already do/probably will exist. I'll talk to Geddy about it at some point.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'd ultimately like do some XCom Second Wave-esque options for TiTS, one of which would certainly be inducing TFs upon losing to alien mobs. I don't think it would be particularly hard to do, given most of the TFs involved already do/probably will exist. I'll talk to Geddy about it at some point.

Except that TF items mention the use of thet items during their effect. But if use my mutator engine from mod, it would be quite easy, if you are ok with simple messages in FoE style.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
TF item messages are split into the "consume" text and the "effect" text.  It's trivial to just use the latter.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Alright, I guess I've got my character to as close as it's going to get to what I want. What about lactation? The wiki doesn't have much on it as far as the player character goes - the only item I can find that induces it is Gush (which seems.. dangerous) and there's no page describing its mechanics, the way there is for Pregnancy.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Milk Gushers followed by milking yourself on a repeated basis will eventually cause permanent lactation.  I believe Bovinium also induces and increases lactation.  Using Honeydew on yourself repeatedly will cause it, though it'll only be a small amount.

If you don't like your breasts increasing in size when they're milky, go into your save and make the milkStorageMultiplier stat an arbitrarily high value like 10000.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
What are "Milk Gushers"? The wiki doesn't return any results.

Bovinium seems to not cause lactation until it rids you of many of the transformations I wanted, like fur.

Honeydew changes your milk to honey..

The save editor is starting to sound better all the time, lol.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Milk Gushers are bought on New Texas from the leithan who sells the lightning duster.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Ah, thanks. Apparently the wiki doesn't consider Lactaid to be a 'transformative', so I missed it.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Hmm..

As I was browsing through the wiki I came across the page for Dane, and spotted the following interaction:

If Steele has unlocked the coordinates to

Tarkus

yet not visited the planet, there is a 1/4 chance of seeing Dane in the Milk Barn on

New Texas

I'm on a save where I've unlocked but not yet traveled to Tarkus, and despite re-loading this save and re-traveling to New Texas and going into the milk barn probably 20 times now, Dane never seems to make an appearance. There's sometimes a little blurb about Ogram/Amma being present, but nothing about Dane. I've even tried leaving the planet and coming back a few times, still no Dane.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm on a save where I've unlocked but not yet traveled to Tarkus, and despite re-loading this save and re-traveling to New Texas and going into the milk barn probably 20 times now, Dane never seems to make an appearance. There's sometimes a little blurb about Ogram/Amma being present, but nothing about Dane. I've even tried leaving the planet and coming back a few times, still no Dane.

Even though there's a 1/4 chance to get that, the chances are probably much lower since a unique barn appearance only happens inside the barn at a 1/10 chance, with only one event happening per day maximum. The spot where Dane appears should be right in front of the male milker, on the space with the description "The inside of the barn assaults your senses with two things above all else: ...". It looks like Herman's BBQ restaurant was also noted for Dane to appear casually, but it was never written.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

I Have Plans™ somewhere in this never ending pile of things that qualify as "more important than fucking around and writing for any respectable amount of time". Plans that entail something vaguely similar. (Although it was going to be by choice rather than automatic, but still)

One day.

One day...

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Even though there's a 1/4 chance to get that, the chances are probably much lower since a unique barn appearance only happens inside the barn at a 1/10 chance, with only one event happening per day maximum. The spot where Dane appears should be right in front of the male milker, on the space with the description "The inside of the barn assaults your senses with two things above all else: ...". It looks like Herman's BBQ restaurant was also noted for Dane to appear casually, but it was never written.

Bleh. I've tried flying to the planet over and over, and now I've tried waiting around in the barn for days and days, constantly checking that spot. I can't get Dane to show up. Is there someplace where I can read what the interaction is supposed to have said? Given that the interaction is supposedly only possible between when you finish Mhen'ga but before you move on to Tarkus (which doesn't realy make sense anyway, since he's supposed to be your rival's bodyguard and your rival is currently off hunting for the next beacon), it doesn't make any sense for the encounter to be that rare. How long do they think you're going to spend on New Texas, where there's nothing to fight and you probably spent all the money you got on Mhen'ga on desperately-needed equipment? >_> I feel like I must be doing something wrong, or the description of the encounter on the wiki is wrong and you actually find Dane there much later in the story.

Edit: Nevermind, it finally happened. lol

Of all the people to bump into... Dane, your cousin’s bodyguard, is wandering out of the male-milker stall. He gives a big yawn as he steps out, a towel slung over one broad shoulder. Behind him, the stall attendant pokes her head out and waves. “See you around, Dane!”

He gives a lazy wave back over his shoulder, and all but crashes into you while he’s distracted. “Gah! Oh, uh, hey, LaVajhira. Just getting some R&R. Don’t tell your cuz.”

Before you can question it, the four-armed ausar man walks off. Huh.

Honestly kind of an odd interaction given I beat the crap out of him on Mhen'ga.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
>Buying equipment

I wrote a shop specifically so that equipment worth buying would exist for more than a month at a time.  The only equipment worth buying is the Lightning Duster and Salamander Duster, everything else is obsoleted by an enemy drop or quest reward within the next five-ten builds.  Even when buying gear has been worth it, it's been I think the Smart Jacket, the Steeletech Suit, the Survival Axe and the Chitin Armor.

You're right though in that NT isn't especially a place that invites lengthy stays unless you really like a bunch of the cast and want to cycle through their scenes, so having a rare encounter there that only appears at one specific point in the story seems odd.  I would have raised the chance of the Dane event to 100% the first time you visit NT in the appropriate story window.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I understand there is a time limit involved with the Stellar Tether adventure, but the wiki doesn't make it clear when the timer starts. Does it start when I go over there and talk to the peacekeepers, or has it already been running since I landed on the planet, or?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I understand there is a time limit involved with the Stellar Tether adventure, but the wiki doesn't make it clear when the timer starts. Does it start when I go over there and talk to the peacekeepers, or has it already been running since I landed on the planet, or?

Timer starts I think is after you enter the Tether to confront the pirates.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

At the moment you've got it known, i.e. after fight with Tam and getting transmission from Kaska.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Thanks. I got a message from Anno that led me to wonder if the game might blow up in my face while I'm wandering around talking to people. :p

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
You land a hit on the sydian female with your ZK rifle!

Critical hit! The sydian female’s armor absorbs the brunt of the damage but remains intact. The attack continues on to connect with the sydian female! (S: -1, H: -33)

You land a hit on the sydian female with your ZK rifle!

Critical hit! The sydian female’s armor absorbs the brunt of the damage but remains intact. The attack continues on to connect with the sydian female! (S: -31, H: -27)

Hmm.. it seems that the Sydian Females have some scenes that can only be accessed if you manage to remove her armor. But from what I've seen so far, her armor usually takes very little damage - she always loses her health bar way before she'd be losing her armor bar. So when the above happened and I managed to take off such a huge chunk of her armor with my second shot perk, it got me wondering 1) why that happened ( I guess the stars aligned and all my damage perks must have procced? ) and 2) even with that happening, she still had 60 armor left  when she fell over, so I wonder how anyone would manage to trigger these scenes? Unless perhaps other classes have armor-stripping perks, or there are weapons that specifically strip armor?

The wiki says her armor is "ablative" which I suppose could mean that you could do it by poking her with a stick a hundred times until her armor gets sufficiently weakened that it drops faster than her health bar. >_>